Western terrain Mod Version 2

shaggy

Sorry for the long delay everyone

Here it is! The first version of the Western Terrain 2 Mod!!

First of all i would like to say this:

DO NOT INSTALL WITH MODMAN

I repeat

DO NOT INSTALL WITH MODMAN

This mod has a very simple manual installation. Just unzip the mod zip and read the Read me document and you will be fine.

The mod is designed to work together with the LO-Reload mod and the simmod LO-Reload extension season sets. Just make sure you read the Read me for a correct installation so there won´t be a conflict between the mods.

Some points to note.

Lock on is the mother of bitches to mod. I tried many things modifying this sim and nothing has been easy. So with this mod there is some things that might look silly "duplicated textures over a large area covering the ground naming one" but there is really nothing I can do about it. Atleast with the style of terrain i choosed to go with. Maybe in the future i will do a crimea terrain mod which will be easier with less farmlands etc. Mor like the Reload mod but with my flavour.

The mod includes all 4 seasons. the winter season is kind of a BETA and im not totaly happy with it. It´s not a rough winter texture. more of a calm cold winter texture. Im thining of doing a hard winter texture aswell.

Nothing more to say really more then that i think the autumn texture looks the best and blends in teh best with other textures, making Flaming Cliffs a new experiance in a way. Hope you enjoy it and please feel free to post thoughts and suggestions after you tested it. Probably most of your thoughts/suggestions won´t be able to do due to how the terrain textures work in Lock On, but i will do my best.

Download the mod here:

http://www.virtualavia.com/Lockon/Western_Terrain_2.zip

Im doing some PR for the Mig-21 soon to be released for Lock On as well ;)

Here are some season pics together with the Mig.

BW

Shaggy

wesSpring.jpg

wesSummer.jpg

wesAutumn.jpg

wesWinter.jpg

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com

Many Many thanks for all your hard work Shaggy it's appreciated .... downloading now:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

EDIT: After installing everything works 100% just make sure you follow instructions

Edited by BrumTx

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Release at last :pilotfly:

Some things that need fixing IMHO:

1. The summer terrain is too coloured, or the colors are somewhat too bright. Part of this feeling is created by too many imho wheat (summer), grey fields (autumn). If their number is reduced so will be reduced the contrast with the green fields.

2. At some places the same patern of texture is repeated - same looking square pieces of texture form some huge fields.

Other than these notes the mod looks great. Good work shaggy, as always :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cheers everyone.

@Topol

I cant do anything about point Nr 2 unless I reduce the number of field textures and replace them with a global grass one. That might work so I will give that a go. I understand the problem with the contras, I will mixture with the ammount of fields and try to reduce the colours. I hope you can bare with me for just a little while before I do it, as I have some other stuff going on. But an update should come soon. Thanks for the input :)

BW

Shaggy

• Like 1

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Shaggy Wrote :

Hope you enjoy it and please feel free to post thoughts and suggestions after you tested it. Probably most of your thoughts/suggestions won´t be able to do due to how the terrain textures work in Lock On, but i will do my best.

All I would like to see is a heavy heavy Winter background, works very well with all my mods, thanks again Shaggy

EDIT: OF COURSE WHEN YOU HAVE TIME :)

WONDERFUL WORK!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by BrumTx

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Wel you can install it on the clean install but it wont look right, As i said before its designed to work with some of their textures.

BW

Shaggy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

when you are outside the lock on map it only uses one texture, then it will look like that. I will make an update were I add grass files to cover these large areas instead. but yes that is normal when you are outside the lock on map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please share the camo for the Mig 23 it looks great ...... thanks in advance

Am I an abusive idiot ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Marvelous add-on, Shaggy!

Had some fun simulating intercept missions over Western Europe.

But I miss that lovely Eastern Europe look... Any way to uninstall the pack? :helpsmilie:

I've been trying to write some stories for campaigns recently, but it just doesn't look right when I hit FLY and look to those marvelous Autumn textures. It just doesn't look like Russian autumn.

I'll have to reinstall my Lock-On in order to get Eastern textures back (probably it will be good, as my FC became a Mod-salad, recently...)?

Not your fault, your textures are some of the (or THE) best I've seen, and I'll probably do a sort of switcher or something so I can use it when I want.