Reticuli's glovePIE script

mrtube

I asked this in the autopilot sticky thread, but got no reply, so am putting it here for better attention!

In the thread, there is a long post by Reticuli, in which he refers to a glovepie script he has written and its effect on manouvering. It seemed from the post that this was some kind of add on to use with the Saitek software. ( But I may be mistaken here)

Is this correct? If not, what is it and how is it used? Will it help in flying and manouvering the helo?

thx, Mark

My rig:

Asus P6D, watercooled, Intel i7920 cpu O/C to 4GHz, 6GB Mushkin redline PC3 DDR3 1800MHz memory, BFG TECH gtx 295 GPU. Crucial 256GB SSD, Windows vista64 ultimate on vertex 60GB SSD. Dell 30inch monitor. Cougar HOTAS.

thx dude, had a read through, looks like a step too far for me, seems very complex and people seemed to be having problems getting it installed. I think i will stick with the stock system for the time being, but thx for the pointer. mark

My rig:

Asus P6D, watercooled, Intel i7920 cpu O/C to 4GHz, 6GB Mushkin redline PC3 DDR3 1800MHz memory, BFG TECH gtx 295 GPU. Crucial 256GB SSD, Windows vista64 ultimate on vertex 60GB SSD. Dell 30inch monitor. Cougar HOTAS.

You're welcome! The upcoming patch is going to include some additional options for trimming with non-forcefeedback sticks, so there may be something in there that you will like better.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• 5 years later...

The only serious problem was associated with the issue of getting PPJoy installed on modern systems, which the author of it has since resolved. There are some minor niggles:

Clear Trim sometimes doesn't work properly for some reason in Blackshark 2 from the script. This might necessitate hitting Ctrl T on your keyboard manually when you first get into the helo.

And the new trim option ED added might prevent DCS world from recognizing the virtual joystick in the background. So make sure that option where DCS ignores your stick until it's centered back is not on. And make sure the helo's own trim state is cleared.

X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick