DcsMax 1.0 - upcoming utility

Skypat

hello,

i'am working on DcsMax.

This utility will be able to force all cores (defaull settings) or some core (manual settings) to work when DCS is running.

It's full automatical and detect also when DCS is already running and apply core settings

Launch it and forget it, it run silently

it will also be able to launch (or detect running) some major utilities like TrackIr, Teamspeak, Mumble (more coming)

dcsMax.jpg

works on XP32/XP64/VISTA32/VISTA64

Soon available

ps: if you have some idea.... it's now ;)

....version 1.0.1 of DCS will no longer set itself to a single core. This was a 1.0 error and is corrected in the patch.

:thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Skypat,

FYI, version 1.0.1 of DCS will no longer set itself to a single core. This was a 1.0 error and is corrected in the patch.

great news but i think that DcsMax will be out before the two more weeks patch :)

best regards

Skypat

Nice one!

@AMVI_Topo

In case you missed the numerous threads: XP is not able to profit from multiple cores/CPUs assigned to one task. That is not dependent on the tool you use, but on XPs architecture. It was built when there was no hardware with multiple cores or CPUs in the home- or office-business. (one reason why XP was flamed so much on release, by server-/render-farm-providers.)

When dual-cores were released, M$ released a hotfix to support them with XP, but you still don't benefit from it.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Still there is some odd thing there, because I have at least one friend with XP that gets a big boost when setting affinity but I don't know what updates has he applied to the OS. Sl, in the end, can't hurt ^^

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Sl, in the end, can't hurt ^^

True :smilewink:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

are people still really using windows XP :megalol:

Mithandra

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

please use a dialogue box to set the BS install folder for people who use alternate install locations.

Don't worry for that point.

I installed BS, not in the default folder, and DCSmax found it.:thumbup:

But, you have the choice to change the location. :smartass:

are people still really using windows XP :megalol:

Mithandra

Of course, :music_whistling:...

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.