Stutter problems

splindy

I´m using an Intel Core2Duo 6600 cpu with 2 gig of ram and a ATI 1950XTX grafics card in a WinXP pro SP2 system and have a stutter problem in BS.

When the BS flies the moving rotor blades stop for a moment the get on moving. This happens every 1-2 seconds continuosly.

I tried so many things like testing all ATI drivers from 2008 and 2009, reinstalled directX, reinstalled audio drivers but no change.

I even reduced graphic settings in BS to its lowest level but it didn´t help.

It´s not the stuttering when new things in the environment have to be loaded ingame. In every situation and continuosly i have this short stutter.

Can anybody help me? Maybe someone else had this problem and solved it.

Thanks for help,

Thomas

I had a similar problem, which I resolved by manually killing every process I could under Task-manger. I narrowed the problem down to a Dockbar widget I use. All i do now is close the Dockbar before I open DCS.

It is very likely to be something running in the background that causes your problem.

Nate

Also in settings make sure that you ae NOT running in windowed mode. I usually get about 30 - 35fps. I had a similar problem the other day and found when I was configuring my new joystick setup I had placed my game in windowed mode with a 1024x768 res. So I could see all the ingame commands and have the CH Control manager up on the sam monitor together. I ended up resetting the res to whaver it is for my 24" display but still had it running in windowed mode (though you would not know it because it took up the whole screen).

That one little change got my game back to playable... Not sure if thats your issue but certainly something to check. Also make sure your anti virus isnt running its daily scan in the backround. That one is a killer for me.

Good luck

[sIGPIC]http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/16th_Relic/16th-sig.jpg[/sIGPIC]

AMD 965BE, 8GB RAM, ATI5750, Track IR4,TM MFD's, CH FS,PT,PP

"You can take my CH setup when you pry it from my dead, cold hands..."

Problem solved! Thanks for all your help, but finally i made it in uninstalling BS, removing all devices in device manager, defrag, wipe out/uninstall all ati drivers, reinstall all devices and drivers, reboot, defrag again and reinstall BS and voila: all stutterings are gone. Don´t know, which driver/device was the bad guy in this mess...:joystick: