Tunguska Siberia 1908

jpm1

i think the tungunska thing was a meteor with gas inside why nobody can't find any tracks of a meteorite cause it has all been blown up. 20km forest destroyed red,100km damage,burns,dead animals,1500km sound has been heard blue)

Not every body can see the conclusive projection of thoughts.

If you are cooking dumplings based on comets then write the recipe.

Otherwise yes it’s destructive, grate metal deposit.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

I can’t explain that phenomena I can only speculate.

If it was an asteroid made up of rock and metal, I can only say that it’s not an ideal compound for an explosion above the surface.

If it was the combination of frozen gas, water and dust, it then possibly could explode and vaporise due to the rapid heating.

But didn’t the researches dick for some thing like 10 meters into the ground to find the remains of that asteroid? I think that’s what I recall from watching one of those TV programs.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Cockpit/3240/conf98.htm

An unbiased interpretation of eyewitness reports of the Event points to a far from cosmic velocity of the flight along a gently sloping trajectory of a luminous body the size of the disk of the sun or more. It was seen to the east and south from the plac e of explosion (or several explosions) in the region of the Podkamennaya Tunguska River. The first report, immediately after the event, told of a ball lightning. This phenomenon is well known to the inhabitants of this Siberian region, cases of atmospher ic luminosity and fire-balls being familiar occurrences. But they could be impressed by the size of the fire-ball and the power of the explosion. The well-known consequences of the explosion correlate with the conception of its plasmo-electric character. But where could this huge ball come from? Its size must have been no less than 100 m, judging from the explosion energy and the known energy in the densities of globe-lightnings. There is reliable data on the dimensions to the first metres. In the areas of earth crust fissures, during earthquakes and volcano eruptions such luminous bodies have repeatedly appeared. The uniqueness of the Tunguska Event correlates with the geo-tectonic location of the region which is situated within the unique Tunguska sineclease in which great masses of Perm-Trias basalts originating from the mantle have accumulated. This testifies to the great permeability of the crust of the Earth, crushed by the deep fissures, which is obvious from the morpho-tectonic location of the region. It happens to be on a planetary-scale crust and lithosphere flexure at the point of the transition of a d ipping crust sector in the north and west (the Eurasian sector) into the rising one in the south and east (the Asian sector). The gigantic flexure stretching NE, being a part of a large circle, marked by major basalt effusions of different ages, runs fro m the south of Africa to Chukotka and is clearly seen in the relief of the planet and in the planetary geo-physical fields. The corresponding wide zone of rock crumpling and cleavage is highly seismic. The earth crust shifts and the friction thus created are a source of accumulation of large amount of Earth’s electricity charge, that can either dicharge gradually or in immence outbursts. It is of interest that the Hrapp Culture (III millenia BC) in the north west of India had once existed in such a zone. The excavation site provide evidence for a sudden death of people in massive fires. The Mahabharata quotes an «explosion» that caused « blinding fire, the fire without smoke». This anomalous in geological and geophysical sence huge tectonic «scar» probaly can generate rare catastrophe events. The event in the Dream bog on the Moon may probably be referred to this class of events, it was registered in 1985 by the oservarers from the Earth.

Only a theory.

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

Another theory is it was a piece of anti-matter that exploded in the atmosphere. I like the worlds mad scientist version though...when Nicola Tesla went mad and made his death ray in Colorado Springs, dished out a can of whoop ass in Tunguska at that time.

Personally, I think it was an exploding comet or what-not, because it was a 100mt explosion. It certainly didnt happen at ground level, else there would be major evidence of extreme heat, impact craters or depressions in the ground from that kind of blast. All they found was a blast zone that highly resembled a high altitude airburst, no crater, evidence of high heat, and a small lake, in an area surrounded by foreign material that was most likely shrapnel. It was no ground elevation event.

Yeah, I read into it a bit more, there's a lake nearby that looks suspiciously as if it was created by a falling lump of something (cba to find the name).

Edit; I suppose I chose the gas theory because it was more interesting to discuss tbh, but HELL YEAH I love the Tesla theory!

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

Did it explode 3 miles above the surface?

Who the hell knows.

Yesterday I saw a documentation about it in german tv, a foto was shown of the trees in the centre of the explosion, they were still standing straight, burnt, without branches...

And there wasn't a crater or something

(if you speak german here ;) Video Stream

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• 8 months later...

^^^^yup, sometimes big ones blow up high in the atmo. It hapens from time to time but rarely near a major city.

Tunguska was likely one of those but much bigger. They are made of ice and rarely impact the ground.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

There was a Russian scientist who recreated the blast (on a small scale of course). He plotted the course it would need to be on as well as the altitude it exploded. His set up a mockup with sticks, detonated a charge falling on that axis, and the results looked exactly like Tunguska. Complete with the trees at the center of the blast still standing.

The heart of the debate now is whether it was a meteor or a comet. There's evidence that supports both, but not enough to decide which.

• 2 weeks later...