Ka-50 drive scheme

Airway

Hello!

I'd like to know the drive scheme of the Ka-50.

I guess the power goes from the two turbines output shafts to a clutch.

From there to a gearbox which forwards the power on one shaft to a gear on the rotorshaft.

Are the two rotorshafts are connected via one gear externally toothed and one gear on the other shaft internally toothed? (mechanically connected to even torque?)

Maybe someone has a draft, sketch or any other information on this?

Regards,

Airway

The general design is basically the same between the Ka-50 and Ka-32 gearboxes. The biggest difference is that the engines input directly into the gearbox on the Ka-32 (where you see the 15,000 rpm input). On the Ka-50, the engines first connect to an intermediate gearbox (one intermediate gearbox for each engine), and then the intermediate gearboxes connect to the main gearbox. The intermediate gearboxes reduce the rpm from 15,000 to somewhere in the 6,000 range (I forget the actual number).

Also, the Ka-50 gearbox includes an accessory section that can be driven by APU bleed air without running the rest of the gearbox. The Ka-32 has the accesories (hydraulic pumps, generators, etc.) mounted directly to the gearbox.

Is there anywhere the list that describes the numbers on the picture, Namenlos Ein posted?

Ask eV1Te about that.

First, the gear ratio I found in this print posted somewhere else and since the the ratio also matched the value i found by slowing down the simulation and counting the number of turns each second, I assumed it was approximately correct.