DCS in XP is rock solid, in Vista it always crashes...whats the problem?

Nate--IRL--

I have a dual boot system with Vista 32Bit and XP. XP is my main everyday system and runs DCS beautifully, rock steady and no crashes at all. However when i try to run DCS in Vista it always (yes always) crashes back to the in game menu after 10 or 20 minutes. I very much would like to enjoy the surround sound and the extra few FPS vista gives. How would i go about tracking down the problem?

Drivers and OS updates are up to date in both OS's. Attached are a few log files that may be relevant, if other files are required please let me know. They were generated after flying around in the "Battle" single player mission

Nate

Have you installed it in XP and Vista, or just in XP and u just execute it also via Vista? if this is the case, install it in Vista. In any case, try to re-install.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Have you installed it in XP and Vista, or just in XP and u just execute it also via Vista? if this is the case, install it in Vista. In any case, try to re-install.

Sorry, I should have mentioned there are 2 separate installs installed in each OS (this is required by starforce). It should be noted that either install will run in either OS with the same result (XP is fine, Vista is not). I am confident it is not a faulty install.

Nate

Edit:- i'll reinstall anyway, just to check :).......

I've read others fix crashes of "Effects.dll" (like in your attached files) by simply reinstalling the game (you don't need to activate or deactivate if only re-installing). Worth a try :)

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Have u installed 3rd party audio codecs?

Is your CPU overclocked?

Also, try to clean blackshark/temp folder (save first the error files there)

Re-installed, same situation :( Any other suggestions?

Nate

What hardware are you using? It sounds like it could be related to drivers, the X52 crash problem mostly only happens to people in Vista.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

What hardware are you using? It sounds like it could be related to drivers, the X52 crash problem mostly only happens to people in Vista.

I have the same conclusion as Slayer.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2