antialias in black shark

sZimm

hello developers, greatly enjoying black shark. i'm a bit puzzled why there is no antialias setting in the options panel. i forced it on and it worked perfectly and greatly improved the visuals of the game. unfortunately, most other games dont take kindly to forcing AA, so im reduced to manually turning it on and off when playing black shark. its a bit annoying. i know i can make an application profile in my ati control panel, but its such a clunky system. and since black shark is so CPU-limited, most of us probably have lots of GPU headroom anyway, which could be used for AA...

...and once again....

profiling works for nVidia (!) perfectly with nHancer .... for ATI should there be similar (AtiTool?)

Greets

S@uDepp

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64

like i already wrote, i am using an ATI GPU and they, for whatever reason, do not have automatic application profiles. there is, as far as i can tell from a quick browse, no third party tray tool that allows me to get antialias automatically in this game (and not muck up my other games while doing so). and again, since there seems to be no problem with forcing AA, there should be no problem in adding a switch to the GUI of the game, instead of me having to mess about with the catalyst panel and/or third party tools. its not exactly a highend feature anymore, you know. :music_whistling:

It's got nothing to do with new PC here... his request/wish is quite valid. I to have to manually switch AA/AF depending what game I play... be it for LockOn, DCS or ArmA (the 3 games I play and have installed). In ArmA you set AA and AF level in game options and have to disable it in graphics driver setings. For LockOn and DCS it's other way round... I too would like to have all applications have AA/AF setings in game options.

No longer active in DCS...

For Ati cards, I think Ati Tray Tools can be very useful for these task (a third party application). I have it on my home computer, but I'm abroad now and my laptop has an Nvidia card. So, I'm not 100% sure about supporting application profiles, but I am certain it can create game shortcuts for you which run the game with the selected setting (which then run the Ati TrayTools which sets these settings before running the game).

But, these settings will remain when you exit the game, so you can either select the default profile in ati tray tools or make these shortcuts for all your games :)

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

solution! yay

i dont think buying a new pc would help me much... im already on top of the line hardware with custom overclocks...

thx for the tip on ati tray tools. apparently there are two third party tray apps for ATI cards, one is called "ati tools", and the other is called "ati tray tools". hence my confusion. i had already tried ati tools and it was incompatible with my hardware, and apparently had no such functionality anyway. however, i managed to find a beta version of ati TRAY tools which does exactly what i wanted. it does still mean i have to have an unwanted app running at all times, but at least i dont have to manually change AA whenever i play black shark. its no excuse for not having the setting in the game though...

Edited by sZimm

If I remember correctly, ATI catalyst lets to change profile via shortcut (in other words: via running program with parameters). I think it is possible to create batch file, which could change active profile before launching DCS and switch back to default one after DCS is closed.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

True, ATI CCC does have an option to save all 3D setings into a profile, and you can create desktop icon that will activate those saves settings and launch certain exe afterwards. One little problem with this it can't launch bat type files, which I use to launch lockon.

True, ATI CCC does have an option to save all 3D setings into a profile, and you can create desktop icon that will activate those saves settings and launch certain exe afterwards. One little problem with this it can't launch bat type files, which I use to launch lockon.

Make that icon (shortcut) of profile without telling which program you want to launch. Open properties window of that shortcut and copy "Target" line to your own batch file, then add whatever you want after that line: calling another batch file or exe and etc. By launching that batch file you will change active profile and run what you want automatically.

• Like 1

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

Try using Catalyst-Drivers and ATI Tray Tools

Hi,

I would recommend to un-install your CCC (Catalyst Control Center), because:

I personally don't like this app. It's cluttered with GUI-stuff and it is sooooooo slooooooow. Startup-time is annoying and I don't like the fact, that the .net-framework has to be run in the background to change the settings of my GRAPHICS CARD !?

Why should I run a pretty fast system (4GB RAM, QuadCore, Radeon 4870 1 GB) and loose some memory and CPU because of a framework that drives my GPU?

I use the ATI Tray Tool (V 1.6.9.1374) on a 64-bit Vista Ultimate. It works perfectly, fast and stable. I can easily manage my game-configs (that was the main topic in this thread, I think :-) , set per-game-AA and AF and am able to over- or underclock my Card.

Yes, I do some underclocking :-D

When in normal Windows-mode or working in Photoshop, Illustrator and the likes, I underclock my Radeon to about 50% GPU clock and 50% memory clock. This saves a huge amount of power (which is expensive in these days :-( ) and it stretches the lifetime of my GPU.

BUT: One of the most important features of The ATI Tray Tools (ATT) is, that I can easily(!) manage my FAN-speeds. My card NEVER exceeds 72° C !!! In normal mode, the card is heating up to a max of 62° C. Before I was using ATT, the idle-temp of my Radeon 4870 was about 80° C to 82° C.

remember: lifetime of your card :-D

I hope this will help you to decide if you will use ATT in the future. I did and am VERY comfortable with it.

greetings from Myself

Hey, that actually worked... although you can't "point" to bat file while searching for an exe you can manually just change xxxxx.exe to xxxxx.bat and save... it worked. Thanks for the sugestion ZaltysZ...

Finally a decent way to have 1 icon set desired graphics settings, start the bat file that will start the exe (and few other minor things beforehand) :D

Edited by Kuky

I tried the ATI TrayTools and I've decided to still stick with ATI CCC as it still does for me what I need from it... especially after I finally got a way to do what I've trying for a while now... thanks again ZaltysZ :)