Mapping Saitek X52 in DCS

Brach

hello. i messed up with the standard-keyboard-layout from dcs... please tell me where the .lua file for default is or how i manage do load category defaults insted of klicking each option alone and say: default...

Just click one of the mappings, in the upper bar on the right you can select "load profile" (or something like that) and just select the blackshark one. This is the default mapping. Unless you overwrote it, then I don't know how to restore default mappings other than going through those you changed, like you already did.

Good luck!

Ok..not being able to use the right shift is a known issue of the older SST software. This bug is gone in the newer SST beta software.

Here is the link on their forums. No new drivers are needed it just updates your magic mouse and the SST.

http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=16643

Ok, did a quick try of that software, but that one has a bug in there as well. The left Alt button is not being simulated as such but instead as Menu. So that one doesn't work either.

It's a bit frustrating that over there at Saitek they are obviously having problems getting this SST software right. Which seems a bit odd to me, because all they have to do is follow the windows keyboard definition and they are set.

Weirdest part of all is that my keyboard (correct drivers updated and installed) doesn't even have a "List" button on the left side. It does on the right though. So in my case, that beta doesn't work either.

Thanks for the tip though, it was worth the try. ;)

Guest adrianp
Ok, did a quick try of that software, but that one has a bug in there as well. The left Alt button is not being simulated as such but instead as Menu. So that one doesn't work either.

I've just tried this and left (in fact the only) Alt works for me works for me (using the latest BETA). This is with a Norwegian keyboard though so perhaps this is keyboard dependent.

Adrian "Newbie BS pilot"

I've just tried this and left (in fact the only) Alt works for me works for me (using the latest BETA). This is with a Norwegian keyboard though so perhaps this is keyboard dependent.

Adrian "Newbie BS pilot"

Thanks for the heads up mate. But strange all this, since I have an us-intl keyboard, which should be pretty common I would think. It is a bit old though (3 years or so) and officially not even listed by Logitech anymore (even though they still support the drivers for it, one just has to look around a bit to find them).

I should have a look and see if I have a different keyboard laying around somewhere still. That would make a good test to see if it is maybe the layout of this particular keyboard that might be the problem.

Thanks again though Adrian, much appreciated. :thumbup:

Edit: I registered at the Logitek forum and am waiting for approval of my registration. Then I'll start asking them if they might know what I can do about it.

At some point we'll nail this one down for sure. :P

Edited by Brach
Added remark

Well, I did some more in depth tests, but it seems that even the beta 6.2.2. SST software is not working for me.

The two errors that make it impossible for me to use are:

1) Left Shift is not always transmitted well, resulting in just sending the key without the Left Shift. (example: dial lights with LShift K at times are transmitted as just K and switches on the cockpit lights instead of the dial lights).

2) Left Alt key is not transmitted as such but as the List key.

I've been waiting for a couple of days now to be able to post in the Saitek forums. However, so far no go yet. :cry: It seems admins have to authorize people by hand, so this might take a while. :mad:

It's pretty frustrating since part of the X52 controls can be defined as buttons even though they are technically sliders (rotating dial sliders), which in DCS we cannot do with their mapper. Worse even, the small mouse joystick is not recognized at all by the DCS mapper, while it is really convenient for stuff like the shkval slew function.

Anyway, I recon I might just be unfortunate in that my keyboard is obviously not used by Saitek in their QA department, otherwise this probably wouldn't be an issue.

I'll update when I know more.

Oh, and I did try combining profiles, partly SST partly DCS, but that doesn't work and results in conflicts, even if you make sure you don't double assign keys. So that one I can forget about.

Well, it looks like I solved my problem with the help of Saitek support on their forums.

The solution was so simple that it was rather embarassing. It turned out that while programming the SST software I had not been consistant in pressing key combinations at the same time. At times I pressed one key, released it, and then pressed the other, not knowing that it simulated exactly that sequence. So it has been merely a matter of remapping the buttons with key combinations and making sure that I pressed all buttons at the same time. Can you believe that? :doh:

Anyway, what I did in the end is make a full X52 profile, take all joystick assignments out of the DCS profile except for the axis assignments, and that was it. It seems to be working fine now.

Back to flying. :pilotfly:

So it has been merely a matter of remapping the buttons with key combinations and making sure that I pressed all buttons at the same time. Can you believe that? :doh:

Yes. It's frustrating how often these computers do exactly what we tell them to! ;)

Very glad to hear that you have it whipped! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• 2 months later...

One hint:

I cleared _all_ button-not-recognized problems on my X52Pro in BS with mapping as "macros".

For example if I want to map CTRL-SHIFT-E I create a new macro.

In the "button pressed" field I hit: "CTRL(press)" "SHIFT(press)" "E(press)".

then I hold all three buttons and go into the "button released" field.

Then I take my fingers revese from "E(release)" "SHIFT(release)" and "CTRL(release)".

(Normaly the first key in the release macro is to much, cause it get set when clicking in the "release" box. Simply right-click and delete it.)

Then make a mark at "macro".

Then set the quantize time to 0,05 seconds and give the macro a name.

Now simply map the macro to a joystick button and all will work fine.

BR Robert

• 10 months later...

I have similar problem. I noticed when I changing profile for my SaitekX52, in accordance with a list of commands to LockOn2, commands addressed with joystick which contains RCTRL, RSHIFT, RALT and RWIN, not be properly executed, also do not run inside the game correctly, as seen in the control program.

saitekx52test.jpgsaitekx52test.th.jpg

The problem I have tried to solve, such as written by hyperfighter (in post eight). But I'm using Win7x64 and I don't have any of the above in windows temp folder (even saitek folder). In registry I deleted everything that was written Saitek and re-installed the driver and SST software, but does not help.

Edited by kobac

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

• 3 weeks later...
Oh, Golden Tip about the clutch there mate! Thanks a lot. :thumbup:

Golden indeed but how to disable joystick inputs without the clutch button now? I had to disconnect it from USB to save a profile name or type anything. It keeps spitting assigned keystrokes.

BTW, my profile is shaping nicely. I almost populated COMBAT MODE (and some of Emergency mode ; nav/normal mode almost empty). All commands working nicely. Sometimes LAlt is getting stuck but it doesn't look like it will always be like this. All the commands work nicely. Examples:

rotary 2: weapon select -> inner - outer - all - cannon

rotary 1: target type -> ground moving - AA - AA headon

fire E: flares

fire D: stop flares

Here's my scratch pad where I take notes and move around the commands fast

new_profile_scratchpad.jpg

The commands which will have to be available in all modes are marked with #.

Dont want to use SST for various reasons?

No problem (sorry for the late reply to the OP):

Small tip for x52pro users

I preffer this method myself.

This way you won't get even 1/3 of the SST possibilities. I don't have TIR so I would use half of standard controlls for viewing! Of course one damn sticky key and I'm toasted and profile will be useless. But I'll try to get it working. BTW, who's fault is this? The whole joystick software issues with DCS BS? Joystick manufacturers or ED? Will this be fixed in a patch?

Edited by Bucic

the x52 has 2 sliders.

the big throttle unit slider, which is used for thrust with fixed wings and a very small slider at the right sde of the mainthrottle slider.

my problem is, that only the smal slider woks as ptch (blade angle), even when i setup the mainthrottle slider for the rotorplade pitch :)

this only happens in the simulation mode.

in arcade flying mode (easy mode) the main throttle works.

the x52 has 2 sliders.

the big throttle unit slider, which is used for thrust with fixed wings and a very small slider at the right sde of the mainthrottle slider.

my problem is, that only the smal slider woks as ptch (blade angle), even when i setup the mainthrottle slider for the rotorplade pitch :)

this only happens in the simulation mode.

in arcade flying mode (easy mode) the main throttle works.

You realise that there are 2 different control configurations right? That would explain why it only works under arcade. You have to set it up for real mode also :/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

• 4 months later...

saitek x52 mouse stick

Hi all,

How do i make the BS use the saitek mouse stick and mouse button instead of the computer mouse? can i do this in game control options or has to be done with SST and how?

Thanks,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 10.8 | Windows 7 64 | TrackIR 5 | Saitek x52 | 4GB DDR2 | E8400 O.C 3.8 Ghz | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse

http://www.war-hawks.net

is recruiting.

http://www.war-hawks.net/private/index.php/recruitform