Water cooling, incorrect temp display?

Since I replaced my motherboard, Ive noticed my cpu temps are rather high on water cooling. Core Temp tells me at idle my cpu temps are in the 50's at the moment with only a 3% load. Ive got quite a bit of lines hooked up to control heat on my system...straight from the video card, to the north bridge heatsink, to the cpu and back to the radiator. The radiator and shroud have a bunch of dust connected, and I have to dismantle both just to clean the dust out. I still have air flow around the fins with a house fan breathing on the radiator.

I have a home made reservoir made of PVC filled with non-conductive coolant, with about 1.5l worth of fluid in the system. The BIOS indicates that my temps are about 10c lower than what CoreTemp is telling me. PrecisionTuner is telling me my card is at 49c, about 6-7c less than my main core temp.

My system is overclocked to 3.7ghz, 1480mhz on the ram, with Intel Turboboost disabled. Ive checked the pump and its still pushing fluid...more fluid than I thought it should be pushing with all the 180 degree bends in my lines. It is pretty warm outside, but shouldnt really play much of a factor in how well my system stays cool. I have a decent amount of arctic silver on my cpu block with all the lugs tightened securely and torqued to 20 in. lbs

Is it possible my system is really running this hot??? Under load it gets to 80c. Before I replaced this motherboard, it was about 10c cooler than this, and I replaced the motherboard with the exact same model. Running at stock speeds is only a 5c difference between my current temps. The only thing I can think of is that before I didnt have any water tubes leading into and out of my north bridge water block.

In case you are wondering:

i7 920

Gigabyte EX-58 Extreme

GTX 260 Core 216

Corsair XMS3 PC3-12800 6gbs

Don't use CoreTemp... use RealTemp instead. At least with C2D CPU's CoreTemp was reading the temperature higher then it should and it was about 10°C infact... it could be doing the same with i7 chips. Did you check on any hardware forums what most accurate program for i7 CPU is?

No longer active in DCS...

Since your current cooling loop includes the north bridge cooling, you should expect the overall temp to increase, as more heat is transferred into your cooling system. However, 10 C is a bit too much. I would suggest you check the contact between the CPU and the CPU block. Are the screws tight? Is the thermal paste properly cleaned off the CPU in the motherboard switching process? Is there too much or too little thermal paste? Hope this helps.

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Also Hitman, I notice you said in your first post that it's really hot outsite... you should know the higher the ambient air temperature the warmer will your system get, by about linear relation. This is because this same air is used to cool the water while passing through radiator and if the air it's cooling is hot it won't work very well obviously. And yeah, if you have NB/SB and video cards in the same loop, you are taking in lot more heat into water to disipate... especially with high end video cards as they actually disipate more heat then CPU.

I'm still pretty sonfident RealTemp is more accurate and I'd use that. What you can do is open the case and check how cold/warm/hot your CPU/CGA blocks are... if they are warm or hot on touch that means heat is being transferred well to them, if it says your CPU is hot and the water block on it is not even warm on touch it means you have bad contact of the water block with the CPU, in which case you'll need to check if water vblock or CPU are bit bent (better to be convex then concave bend if there is one) and try reseat the water block.

Its only like 70f outside...close to 25c, I think...dont know the conversions at the moment. The water block is nice and secure with no warpage. My temps werent that high before I added cooling to the north bridge. Its funny that my BIOS reports them 10c lower though...thats what Im getting at here. 3% load isnt much more than what BIOS uses, there shouldnt be a 10c descrepancy.

So isn't maybe that 10°C difference from CoreTemp and BIOS reading exactly showing that Realtemp (which is normally just about 10°C lower then CoreTemp reading) is not accurate for this chip same as for C2D'os?

Sure 25°C is not hot at all... at same room temperature my CPU overclocked to 3.8GHz reads about 30-32°C idle and gets maybe to 50°C under load... I noticed it get to some 60°C on very hot day (before I got a/c installed) and even idling at 40°C and I am only water cooling the CPU.