Pougachev's Cobra

I searched both forums, looked into the manual but couldn't get any information.

I only get a 90° turn by using the cobra move, but f.ex. I don't get a 180° nor a tail slide followed by a back flip. What I'm looking for is some "manual" on Pougachev's Cobra. What is the optimal speed? How do I handle the aircraft? What are the physics? What actually happens by pressing 'K'?

Thank you for any help.

Re: Pougachev's Cobra

I searched both forums, looked into the manual but couldn't get any information.

I only get a 90° turn by using the cobra move, but f.ex. I don't get a 180° nor a tail slide followed by a back flip. What I'm looking for is some "manual" on Pougachev's Cobra. What is the optimal speed? How do I handle the aircraft? What are the physics? What actually happens by pressing 'K'?

Thank you for any help.

That is the point you dont handle teh aircraft after pressing K the movement is complete scripted...

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

Re: Pougachev's Cobra

:(... any change in 1.1? In some videos like f.ex. Maximum G, I saw those 180° missile shots (180° backwards, shoot and turn back). Any detail on how these work?

At medium speed around 500-600 kph I get a 180° by pressing "K" whereas at low speed it just flips to 90° and back. So the tail slide actually only works in between those two.

In videos like Maximum G, the plane didn't do a 180 deg angle of attack. From a nose up attitude (30 degs or more), it did a 100 degree Cobra and an off-boresight shot. Add all these angles together, and it's close to 180. :)

Yep... there's no '180' ... not in this version of the flanker anyway - what you're seeing at higher speeds is your nose pulling up normally, then once you slow down the Cobra script kicks in and your plane does a 100 deg cobra.

Don't miss ... you won't like how things look if you do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda