MP connection issues

viper3two

Hi

A friend of mine and I both have DCS, and we are both able to connect to alot of the online servers. We never can connect to each other for some reason. We both put the port in the both of our routers, have turned firewalls off, antivirus off. have tried hosting and client both. I can see his host, he can't see mine. When I do try to connect to his host, it gets stuck at loading mission and sits there. We have tried many different missions as well. We usually wind up flying FSX cause we never can get the sharks to connect, just wish we could! Any ideas on this? Thanks

Tony, can you guys connect to other people, not just other servers?

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Did you open the port in both TCP and UDP?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hey Dusty and EtherealN thanks for the reply. Sorry I haven't been on yours yet! Been pretty busy and just now trying to get mp working at least. He is new to the shark too, he is a flight fan that I know from work, flies in real life (private pilot) so he got the shark too a few weeks ago. I haven't tried connecting to other people other than him. I may give that a shot next week when I get the weekend off. We pretty much have tried everything and not sure what the issue is. I also can connect via win live messenger and talk while we try to get it working, that works fine. He has Norton and has it completely disabled. The only thing I run is Antivir, and both of us have windows firewall going. We have tried dropping the firewall, norton, antivir and still can't get connected. Have tried both ways, I host then he tries to host. EtherealN, to answer, yep...we both have double checked our routers for 10308 tcp and udp ports enabled. Is there something that we are missing? It seems fine if we find a server that is open and we can both connect without issues to it. Not sure what the deal is tho...lol....

Thanks for the help and appreciate it!

Oh and PS Dusty: I built a new rig and still am working on it for the flight sims, hopefully soon I should have it going. I7-965, evga gtx285, 6gigs corsair dominator, ultra 120, evga x58 mobo!

Edited by viper3two

when you try to connect to each other, make sure to add the port manually after the IP, because BS sometimes just changes the ports and makes a mess...

do connect directly or by clicking on the server in the list? i would suggest to do it directy, then enter the IP including the port, ie: 144.180.200.43:10308

Democracy is choice, not freedom...

thanks for the replies. I will give it a shot this weekend by direct ip instead of clicking on the server list. I have wireshark and have played with it a bit, I will see if I can do some capturing to see what is going on. very strange tho lol...thanks again for the help.

Me and EtherealN had awfull trouble connecting to each other, think in the end it may have been because EtherealN was adding the port number at the end of the ip, it worked fine when we left it out.

We used whatsmyip.com to find my external ip then EtherealN connected to me with that ip.

This is after making sure I had forwarded the correct ports in router config

Q6600 3.2Ghz, 4G DDR2 1066, ATI 4870, x52, TrackIR 4, Vista 64

Yup. It might be a correlation without causation but when I included the port number on the IP connect it always gave us at best a temporary connection to a frozen server. (The problem one usually gets through not having UDP open.) However, when entering IP without the port it worked fine.

Worth a try.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

MP Connections Issues

A friend and myself have similiar issue, can't connect between each other. one person is frozen - the other is not. set up port forwarding same as I did for Armed assault and that PTP networks fine between us.

With B.S. we can connect to other multiplayer games ok. though I have noted the in the multiplayer list, the games that it doesn't display details like ping and map etc are the problems to join (yes after pressing refresh)... I can start a server fine, but mate gets server shutdown errors and the like after 5 secs of being in a paused helicopter cockpit

frustrating !

System: I7 7700K - Delidded. TT Cooler. 32GB 3000hz Ram, Gigabyte Aorus Ext 1080TI, SSD's, Corsair Gold 850W PSU, Philips 4K 40inch 60hz monitor, Dell 22inch Touch + Helios, Rift S, VKB MCG PRO, TM TPR pedals, TM Warthog throttle with slew mod and twist repair

are you really sure you forwarded the right ports to the right IP and activated the rule as well?

it's no offense, but sometimes i tend to overlook some small option or whatever, and in the end it just doesn't work properly and i believe it must be an error because i "did everything right" :)

the described problem is EXACTLY what happens when:

- the ports are not forwarded properly

- or the port is set wrong by blackshark (known "bug")

usually, one can connect to different servers, but others can not connect to his server when the portforwarding is not working properly...

1. check router settings/portforwarding. my own router has different options where i can "route" ports to IPs, but only 1 is really the portforwarding, the rest is some firewall-stuff i didn't get yet. but the screens looks the same...

2. if set correctly, try it when all (ALL!) the antivirus + firewall softwares are completely turned OFF (including the MS ones).

3. if another one still can't connect to your server (or vice versa), try to enter the port manually. connect directly, not by the serverlist. instead of "111.111.11.111", try "111.111.11.111:10308". <- this solved the problem for my server, by doing this my friends could finally connect.

4. if you tried it WITH the port added, try it this time without - some ppl stated, that they could NOT connect when adding the port, but without it went just fine...

other than that, i have no idea...

• Like 1

Democracy is choice, not freedom...

MP connections issues + port forwarding

Thanks for the reply.... I will remove all rules from router (netgear) and re apply - though I entered port forwarding for Armed Assault exactly the same way and it works... I even use the portchecker tool from portforward dot com and it told me the both tcp and udp ports to 10308 at my servers ip of 192.168.0.6 were open.....

I just never have had an issue with port forwarding before black shark

I will endeavour to try those connection setting suggestions you list soon with regards to when to enter port numbers and when not to.

I do recall in the chat player lobby screen when I had the chat bar down I did see someone connecting on port 64435 or something number liked that...... which I thought bizarre given the default port of 10308.

regards

System: I7 7700K - Delidded. TT Cooler. 32GB 3000hz Ram, Gigabyte Aorus Ext 1080TI, SSD's, Corsair Gold 850W PSU, Philips 4K 40inch 60hz monitor, Dell 22inch Touch + Helios, Rift S, VKB MCG PRO, TM TPR pedals, TM Warthog throttle with slew mod and twist repair

I suffered from several connection drops while flying last night. I hope that this problem can be found. The Patch looks like it is still a few weeks away, though not sure if there is anything in the patch for this problem.

'Server has Shutdown'

This does not always happen, but it happens too much.

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

not sure if there is anything in the patch for this problem.

I hope they have this fixed in the patch.. They do know about it and the heartbeat error that appears to be the cause... It's the only thing holding back my 24/7 server from being seen properly and therefore being joined by anyone not using direct ip connect.. I love Black shark and have no ill things to say about it or the ED team but until this is fixed I'm only flying a $25 sim since half the fun is multiplayer.. once the port issue is resolved I'll have my $50 sim... We just gotta be patient no matter how bad we are biting off our nails waiting.. I've been waiting years for DCS-BS.. whats a couple more weeks if needed for the patch

Edited by Yoti980

CARRIER AIR WING EIGHT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BLACKLION 204

F-14D BuNo 163159

Fighter Squadron Two One Three

LCDR James "Rat" Trapp

http://www.cvw-8.org

I am leaning a lot to my ISP Roadrunner for connection issues.. with dropouts.. but still have BS multiplayer reporting a bogus port number... of course the person connecting puts in the correct port :10308 .

but this is all old news..

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• 1 month later...

I convinced my friend to buy Blackshark and he did. Now we try to connect to each other, by server or/and by ip adress. Both do not work. We did open ports in Firewall and router. We tried 2 full days with all kinda settings, no luck.... We both can join all servers shown in the list. We can connect eachother in different games, but not blackshark:( I really hope the new patch can solve this. Blackshark is great and fun, but even more fun in Multi Player. If anyone knows good other tips then mentioned earlier we love to hear it.

Thanks & Bye

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Black shark will work - if you have the infrastrcuture to support it.

That means any router or Wireless accesspoint must be configured to allow the traffic to move along it's route.

Most problems I've seen is caused by inproper access-point configuration - are you 100% sure that you are in control of all the parameters neccesarry to be able to play online? Im not so sure you got it set up properly.

Port openings:

Be sure that all firewalls / routers allow for 10307 and 10308 TCP/UDP. That means your Windows - and your own routers. :)

NAT

If you have a broadband router or a wireless router, you must properly configure it to allow for Network Address TRanslation. In many setup(s) this is reffered to as "Server - open for server / service traffic". Understanding this piece of configuration is essential.

Unfortunately it's all coming down to how your routers vendor have decided to present this - it will look differently on all router configuration page(s).

This depends wether you are hosting, the requirements of the game - requirements of using ICMP for the game etc.

Essentially you may have to:

* Decide which IP "the world" is seeing you by. www.whatismyip.com can be used for that

* Decide which IP you have internally on your LAN. You may use a CMD-prompt: IPCONFIG /ALL

* Create a "mapping between the two" on the router(s), so it's possible for the router to decide:

a) Incoming traffic on External-IP - must be sent to Internal-IP.

b) Traffic from game-pc (Internal-IP) may have to be translated before I send it out (External-IP).

If your router requires you to enter Port-numbers as well, then you are stuck to (online) gaming on those ports - until you add more port-number assignements.

I hope this adds up a bit to your knowledge. :)

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

If you do not want the hassle with opening ports and stuff, you can try a vpn client (like hamachi) for your sessions. VPN will create sort of a virtual lan between the PCs in it and you will then be able to connect via LAN in the game. I use hamachi for FreeFalcon all the time, because it takes less time to get it set up than to get new players to open the correct ports.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

If you do not want the hassle with opening ports and stuff, you can try a vpn client (like hamachi) for your sessions. VPN will create sort of a virtual lan between the PCs in it and you will then be able to connect via LAN in the game. I use hamachi for FreeFalcon all the time, because it takes less time to get it set up than to get new players to open the correct ports.

Thats a nice tip if you do peer-2-peer gaming with a friend or a private server with several friends :)

Wiki Hamachi

Hamachi Homepage

For public servers and gaming you still need to keep track of your infrastructure requirements and open relevant ports / forwarding. :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

seems it is the same issue that i am currently having...... they know about it and said they will be fixing it in the next patch... here is the link to my massive thread about it..... hopefully will be fixed in next patch.... ;)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35125&highlight=Hosting+black+shark

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

Thx Panzertard,

my settings are ok so far i believe.

I even did open port 10307 as u mentioned. Portchecker says ports are open. When i make a server my friend cant see it. He can see other servers.

When i disconnect and go to client, i can see my external ip adres is shown in the serverlist. Even when i click refresh. My friend did see that also, when he tried to connect that (with or without the shown port) his connection fails. Of course i had my server running then :).

Now i made a static ip, but things stay the same.

I really cant figured out what is wrong. What i believe is strange;

when my external ip adress is shown in the server list there is, every time i make a server, a new portnumber shown. (example :55603)

Anyway, thx for the help so far.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]