Wingman continuously repeats "Rejoin"

Frakin Toasters

An extremely irritating bug i keep occasionally encountering. I'm unsure what causes it, but now and then a wingman (doesn't matter what number he is), constantly repeats "Rejoin" preceded by his number designation.

Such as "Four: Rejoin Four: Rejoin Four: Rejoin Four: Rejoin Four: Rejoin Four: Rejoin" over and over and over

It happens to me also but not so often.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Have you been able to ascertain what is happening to him when this occurs? I believe it would have something to do with the wingman being done with his task and intending to rejoin, but for some reason lacking the ability to do so. I guess the game might get in a loop where the AI continuously checks it's status and decides to initiate a rejoin, is unable to maneuver and therefore will not rejoin, then the AI checks again and so on and so forth.

I haven't had it myself to enough of a degree as to be annoying though so I have never been able to look at it myself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Actually i had paused the mission to report this bug, and after ordering him to RTB, he said it a few more times and then eventually acknowledged the order and went RTB. Then the next wingman of my four-ship flight started to also note that he intended to rejoin, over and over. So i ordered the entire flight to RTB. They all squarked at me several more times about rejoining before acknowledging the RTB command. They later ran out of fuel and crashed.

I would like to point out that the fuel system and the tower system is quite lacking in forethought.

If i'm on emergency fuel, i should be able to radio the tower and inform them of my situation. I should also be able to report that i am heavily damaged and going down or something like that.

Wingmen should report their status more frequently, as well as low-fuel issues. You should also be able to request an update on their status directly.

Such a lack of options does detract from the overall SIM experience for me. I don't think that the sim should be purely about flying the chopper.

• 5 months later...

I haven't played many missions yet, however in the 'pirates' mission this has happened to me twice. In both instances I am flying low and slow, and may suddenly reverse course, when all of the sudden I get the repeating 'rejoin' messages.

In both cases he was directly over me, but much higher, and more or less spinning around in a circle. Also, all of his lights were on again yet before we were flying blacked out.

In both instances I finally shot him down as I was not able to get him to respond to any commands.

-Doc

[ Asus Rampage II Extreme | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz| 12GB DDR3 | 3-Way SLI (3x GTX280OC 1GB) | 300GB Raptor | SupremeFX X-Fi 7.1 audio | 1,200W Thermaltake Toughpower PSU | 30" LCD @ 2560x1600 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar | TrackIR 5 | CoolerMaster HFC 332 case ]

I didn't know what else to do.

I wasn't exactly broken up about it though.

[ Asus Rampage II Extreme | Intel i7 920 @ 3.6GHz| 12GB DDR3 | 3-Way SLI (3x GTX280OC 1GB) | 300GB Raptor | SupremeFX X-Fi 7.1 audio | 1,200W Thermaltake Toughpower PSU | 30" LCD @ 2560x1600 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar | TrackIR 5 | CoolerMaster HFC 332 case ]

It has happened to me as well. It seems to only happend to me when the AI spots an air target and wants to move to intercept it, but has not been given the order to do so. After giving the order to intercept, he eventually comes around and acknowledges it after a couple of "rejoin" messages...

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Does the patch help with this?

If not just go with Doc's solution. That's the best out of all of them P=

I wonder if telling them to rejoin when they are repeating rejoin would help. XD

Lead Admin/Founder of Kilo-Tango Gaming Community

Does the patch help with this?

If not just go with Doc's solution. That's the best out of all of them P=

I wonder if telling them to rejoin when they are repeating rejoin would help. XD

I've tried just about every Wingman radio command available and never had any luck other than perhaps a few seconds of a pause in the repetitive 'rejoin' blathering.

This was happening with 1.0.1, but I don't know if I've tried it since the 'a' patch.

-Doc

AFAIK the a patch doesn't actually do anything other than make it so that there isn't the localization issues with the English versions, doesn't do anything with the code regarding the AI.

When they do this, you are completely out of their line of sight, correct? What about flying to them and making sure you're in their LoS so they see you and know where to go?

AFAIK the a patch doesn't actually do anything other than make it so that there isn't the localization issues with the English versions, doesn't do anything with the code regarding the AI.

When they do this, you are completely out of their line of sight, correct? What about flying to them and making sure you're in their LoS so they see you and know where to go?

That is my understanding of the patch as well.

Both times this has happened to me, I was flying low, slow recon in the hills and valleys, so he was right there with me. All of the sudden he's fully lit up and pivoting around well above me and doing the 'rejoin' thing. I've never flow up to him because I was low and slow for a reason. Sure, he's not being shot at, but that could be a bug too... I'm not going up there to find out.

EDIT: Is that a clue at all? The fact that he mimics your light settings, and before this happens we are both flying blacked out, and when it happens he has everything on but the searchlight. So something is clearly out of sync between him and what I'm doing.

-Doc

If I recall correctly, when taking off from Airbase/FARP my wingmen's lights are always on until they are actually in formation with me. So since this seems to be a check ("check for leader, if no leader, find lead and rejoin" or something similar), if that check fails and they don't have an order, they turn the lights on? I think I also remember their lights turning on as soon as I tell them to RTB as well.