Activiating a Farp.. Help, what am i missing?

:helpsmilie: Please :thumbup:

In a mission i'm finishing off i have a problem.

A FARP wont become 'active'. What i mean is... i have a friendly farp with no equipment in a hostile area. When the hostiles are dead, a trigger spawns the required vehicles at the farp:

CP SKP-11

APA 50

ATMZ-5

Ural-375

Uaz-469

The trigger works and the above list spawns. (on the helipad) But you cant raise any ground crew, refuel etc..once you land. (i think i manged to talk to the CP once.. but it may of been another CP :doh:)

Obviously i don't have any such problems at any of my other farps & i know what i'm doing with the radio etc..

Anyone know what i might be doing wrong, anyone else spawned a farp in a mission? Thanks.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

CP SKP-11 command post,

GPU APA-50 or GPU APA-80 for electrical power

ATMZ-5, ATZ-10, Transport URAL-375 or FARP Fuel Depot for refueling

URAL-375 transport or FARP Ammo Dump for rearming

UAZ-469, URAL-4320-31, URAL-4320T, ZIL-131 KUNG, KAMAZ, and FARP TENT for aircraft repair. Repairs take 3 minutes after rotors stop.

Be sure the heliport is from the same country as the heli.

You need ALL that stuff, unless you see OR. Your list is missing a bunch of it.

That means 2 375s, both fuel trucks etc. Farp tent.

All about 60m or less from the T.

I just made a template, then all I need to add is a tent.

Hope that helps.

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

Thanks but thats not the issue. Also I believe you might be interpreting the manual incorrectly. I don't think you need all the vehicles, but it gives a choice of what you can use. I agree its not worded brilliantly. But I was one truck short though.

Also the distance from the farp is 150m.

I did try adding all the vehicles as you suggested, unfortunately it didn't work. I cant place a tent or other statics as i can't trigger them to appear. But i should be able to at least rearm and refuel.

I need to do a bit more testing. It might be a bug.

Anyone 'spawned' a farp in a mission?

Thanks for your help uhoh.

Edited by MadTommy

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

Thanks but thats not the issue. Also I believe you might be interpreting the manual incorrectly. I don't think you need all the vehicles, but it gives a choice of what you can use. I agree its not worded brilliantly. But I was one truck short though.

Also the distance from the farp is 150m.

I did try adding all the vehicles as you suggested, unfortunately it didn't work. I cant place a tent or other statics as i can't trigger them to appear. But i should be able to at least rearm and refuel.

I need to do a bit more testing. It might be a bug.

Anyone 'spawned' a farp in a mission?

Thanks for your help uhoh.

I have a FARP spawn in "Kochara". At first I couldn't figure out what to do about the tent. Then I realised nobody will shoot at the tent. So the FARP and the tent are sitting there (in hostile territory), then when you kill the bad guys, the support vehicles spawn.

Farps take less than a minute to set up if you have a template-- I use 60m because it puts the vehicles on the pad. I even make the tent a template, becasue it's faster than the clicks and scrolls to find it each time. The russian template has 9 vehicles + tent, the turkey one only takes five.

all the best

Edited by uhoh7

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

Hi,

I have the problem that I cannot refuel, rearm or even talk to ground crew or Controller of a FARP in a mulitplayer mission, when I am the host. I built a mission, which should be like a team match. Each team has to protect and clear the way for his own convoy along one road down a valley. Due to the length of the valley, I built a FARP at one checkpoint - one FARP for every team. When the checkpoint is freed, supply units spawn at the FARPs, making takeoff or refuelling etc possible. The Kamovs placed at the FARPS have 0% Fuel, so cant be used as long as the FARP is not freed.

Now many tests showed that every client can refuel and rearm and talk to the controller at these FARPs, only me, the host, gets no answer, what ever I do, whatever team I am, whatever FARP I try. I would say, this is one of the many bugs in multiplayer gaming. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Hi,.....

Now many tests showed that every client can refuel and rearm and talk to the controller at these FARPs, only me, the host, gets no answer, what ever I do, whatever team I am, whatever FARP I try. I would say, this is one of the many bugs in multiplayer gaming. ;)

hmmm interesting. I was indeed the host. I'll get a friend to join me as a client and get them to test it. Previously I've told them is wasn't working, as it didn't work for me.

Thanks for the info.

Hi,

I have the problem that I cannot refuel, rearm or even talk to ground crew or Controller of a FARP in a mulitplayer mission, when I am the host. I built a mission, which should be like a team match. Each team has to protect and clear the way for his own convoy along one road down a valley. Due to the length of the valley, I built a FARP at one checkpoint - one FARP for every team. When the checkpoint is freed, supply units spawn at the FARPs, making takeoff or refuelling etc possible. The Kamovs placed at the FARPS have 0% Fuel, so cant be used as long as the FARP is not freed.

You've definitely got your radio set to ground crew, right?

Sure! ;) No radio issue here...

Had no problems with FARPS, where the supply units are not activated by triggers and where no unactivated or no destroyed enemy ground units are near FARP, till now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

CP SKP-11 command post,

GPU APA-50 or GPU APA-80 for electrical power

ATMZ-5, ATZ-10, Transport URAL-375 or FARP Fuel Depot for refueling

URAL-375 transport or FARP Ammo Dump for rearming

UAZ-469, URAL-4320-31, URAL-4320T, ZIL-131 KUNG, KAMAZ, and FARP TENT for aircraft repair. Repairs take 3 minutes after rotors stop.

Be sure the heliport is from the same country as the heli.

You need ALL that stuff, unless you see OR. Your list is missing a bunch of it.

That means 2 375s, both fuel trucks etc. Farp tent.

All about 60m or less from the T.

You don't need all that stuff. I have a FARP setup with a FARP Tent, FARP Ammo Dump Coating, GPU APA-80 on ZiL-131, and FARP Fuel Depot, and rearming, refueling and repairing occur without a problem.

i re tested mine last night, had 2 friends as clients test the farp. They could rearm but not refuel. Even though a fuel truck was present.

I think its all a bit buggy atm. Lets hope the patch fixes this.

In short, anything you set on the map that is a Static Object cannot be activated. It is there from the start. There is no option to hide Static Object, though that would be a nice wish list thing. Anything that is a unit can be activated such as trucks, fuelers, command posts, etc.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

^^ sorry Dusty.. i don't understand the relevance of your post to this discussion. What you say is true but has no relevance, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

I'm not talking about statics, I'm talking about vehicles.

Mad T, the post was about activating a FARP. I was just pointing out what can be activated or not, unless you mean activated as can actually do stuff there and not activated as a trigger makes it appear. If so then shut my mouth and call me Gomer. :)

Edited by Dusty Rhodes

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Attach your mission here and we'll take a look.

I would like to come back to that offer, when I am home again... ;)

i re tested mine last night, had 2 friends as clients test the farp. They could rearm but not refuel. Even though a fuel truck was present.

In my test other clients could use all the stuff, refuel and rearm and talk to the controller CP of the activated vehicles. Only me, the host in a client seat, couldn´t.

Did you self try to rearm?

Edited by SNAFU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Here the mission file.

http://home.arcor.de/snafu78/BlackShark/Roadwar4vs4.miz

As I wrote, the mission is a head to head team match (4vs4) but doesnt work that good, due to the FARP problem and that the second attack convoys usually get stuck at the remains of the first attack convoy. But the mission can be used as a template, and I will try to transfer all the happenings into the plainlands, where the vehicles dont depend on the roads.

Would be great I someone with profound knowledge of the editor would open the mission and take a look. Maybe I did something wron.

Problem:

Host can refuel, rearm at the FARP after the necessary units are activaeted. Other clients dont have that problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

I think its all a bit buggy atm. Lets hope the patch fixes this.

I could be wrong, but on the russian side, I believe you need Both fuel trucks (I could not refuel with just one) or a fuel dump.

From GUI manual: ATMZ-5, ATZ-10, Transport URAL-375 OR FARP Fuel Depot for refueling. Again you will need 2 375s if you are using trucks for both rearming and refueling

Edited by uhoh7

Looks like nobody had any idea what went wrong, or nobody had time/will to take a look, or maybe both?

Guess I have to bury the idea of freed FARPS for MP missions... 8)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite