Gah! Can't get the Demo to run....

Clearly I am a muppet of the first order but someone take pity and tell me what I'm doing wrong....

Install the Demo, no problem. No errors.

Run the Demo, get 2 seconds (if that) of the menu 'music' then cuts off and nothing. In the \temp folder I found an 'errors.log' file. It reads thus:

"06/03/2005 17:54

Error : Couldn't parse Network/Network.cfg at line 4294967295

Error : Couldn't parse Network/EnglishVersion/NetText.cfg at line 4294967295

Error : Couldn't parse Network/EnglishVersion/NetText.cfg at line 4294967295

Command Line : "

I can't actually find any files or subfolders under a network folder - is this the problem? And if so what is preventing the folder's creation? I had this problem the first time I installed it but as I was just about to upgrade my system I left it. I subsequently installed the demo as practically the first app on a fresh windows build and it worked brilliantly but have had to rebuild (several times) since and have only now tried to reinstall the demo having already installed pretty much all my usual system apps.

Thanks in anticipation!

Bump.

Seriously. Anyone have any ideas? Better still, has ANYONE else experienced a similar problem? I refuse to believe that I alone have stumbled across a new and unique way of killing the game :)

Blasted thing's driving me nuts and there is no way I'm rebuilding again just to get the demo working. Could it be anything at all to do with Starforce? - I'm running Nero and Daemon tools and have heard mention of things not installing when other things are present? (which is bang out of order but that's another thread entirely).

Yours expectantly (tapping fingers impatiently)

KaiserB

Well bugger me with a fishfork - I solved it.

Have been using VXG (67.65) tweaked drivers on my 6800GT with no problems for some time now, but just on the off chance I've installed the 71.81 set from guru3d. Lo and behold, lockon runs! I would suspect it'll be one of the 'tweaked' settings within causing the problem but I can't see myself working out which one.

Ah well. Live and learn.

Thanks for all the help anyway.

Thanks for all the help anyway.

:wink:

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit