Thanks

• ED Team

Thanks for all the folks making the great missions. While I think we provided a great deal of content out-of-the-box, these user mission will certainly increase the longevity and value of the game. Once things slow down, I hope to actually have time to start playing some of them!

I'm not exactly sure when, but we will be creating a separate mission and campaign section of the official website to post your work.

Again, thanks for all your hard work.

-Matt

I enjoy making the missions and finding out new ways to do things in the ME. I can't wait to work with the new ME after the patch comes out as it is going to have some things in it that will allow for a wider range of kinds of missions and such. Once I get going on a mission, I really concentrate on it until I just can't tinker anymore.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

I enjoy making the missions and finding out new ways to do things in the ME. I can't wait to work with the new ME after the patch comes out as it is going to have some things in it that will allow for a wider range of kinds of missions and such. Once I get going on a mission, I really concentrate on it until I just can't tinker anymore.

Ditto on that.

For myself, I have a greatly enhanced apreciation of Wags' work on the GOW, after some initial frustration, hehe. Right now there's a small core turning out new missions. My hope is that many more will become involved. If that happens this sim will thrive.

As WAGS knows better than anyone, making an interesting mission takes some time. But once you get into it, things go faster and the results improve.

One thing I think will encourage mission makers is more feedback from players--- it doesn't have to be technical critique (though those are fine), but sharing experiences from missions is rewarding to designers and encourages gameplay in general.

Once we have a larger number of mission creators, ED could present a scenario and order of battle and invite missions based on that scenerio---you might have a new campaign in no time. With Turkey included there would be opportunites to play on either side. This would open up MP possiblites for the scenario.

If a culture of content creation and feedback can be created, we all win.

all the best,

Edited by uhoh7

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

• 2 months later...
  • ED Team

GOW 1.1 Available

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ Navigate to Files/Misc

Off the top of my head, changes made include:

- Various identified scripting errors fixed

- Player killed point penalty removed

- Cold start on missions that do not have fixed timing issues

- Vista warning removed

- Mission titles based on mission type removed to avoid confusion

- All offensive missions now are rated between 51 and 100 to provide more random mission assignment due to players always trying to max score at 100

- Force on force missions now start player at 50 pts.

- Radar SAMs in third chapter removed.

- Recon zones increased to 3,000 meters

- AD systems at route points have even lower random variable settings.

Edited by Wags

I think it's worth mentioning all the folks out there who keeps the online community running, hosting missions, rebooting servers and generally working their buts off to keep the community and their peers happy.

I've not played on that many servers - but I know many of us would not have lasted this long unless there was a ServMan, Quirks CO-OP and 159th server around to keep us occupied and content.

Kudos to you all who put so much effort into keeping us interested and providing content for this lovly sim. :thumbup:

Now we just need some fixes and features for the mission editor and tools to create more great content \o/ ... shhh - you didnt read this \o/

Edited by Panzertard
  • Like 1

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning