F-22 crash

Kusch

Thats what happens when you put too much high tech electronics in one place.

It happens either way.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

aw man, hope the pilot is ok

Is this the first F-22 crash (not counting the YF-22 during testing)

Rescue crews were en route and the status of the pilot was unknown, said Air Force Maj. David Small at the Pentagon.

Small said the jet, assigned to Edwards' 412th Test Wing, was on a test mission but he did not know its nature.

It's look like another test flight crash.

460401m.jpg

Edited by Namenlos Ein

Planes crash all the time. It doesn't matter if it's a mig, sukhoi, eagle, falcon or raptor. Accidents keep happening, and each military keeps statistics on them, but not all publish them.

In other words, as a military aircraft operator, you always expect a certain amount of Class A mishaps in a year. (Class A mishap means damage >1 million dollars, or loss of the aircraft, or loss of life).

Me too. Thats what happens when you put too much high tech electronics in one place.
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

aw man, hope the pilot is ok

Is this the first F-22 crash (not counting the YF-22 during testing)

This is the second F-22 crash. First was in december 2004, during test.

The incident now is the first since F-22 is operational.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Me too. Thats what happens when you put too much high tech electronics in one place.

Careful!

You might cut yourself on that axe you're grinding. ;)

EDIT: Let's hope the pilot made it out ok.

Edited by RedTiger

Careful!

You might cut yourself on that axe you're grinding. ;)

EDIT: Let's hope the pilot made it out ok.

What do you mean? Am i telling a lie? The more electronics you put the higher the chance something will go wrong and fail. As modern fighters, and not only, are pretty much driven by computers a lot can go wrong. I`m not saying that we should get back to P-51 and Il-2, etc. but modern vehicles at all need to be produced with much higher quality cause man, what we are talking about when you cant fix the slightest problem on your car, as everything is stuffed with electronics and you need a a specialized service-station. Oh sweet simplicity where have you gone?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What do you mean? Am i telling a lie? The more electronics you put the higher the chance something will go wrong and fail. As modern fighters, and not only, are pretty much driven by computers a lot can go wrong. I`m not saying that we should get back to P-51 and Il-2, etc. but modern vehicles at all need to be produced with much higher quality cause man, what we are talking about when you cant fix the slightest problem on your car, as everything is stuffed with electronics and you need a a specialized service-station. Oh sweet simplicity where have you gone?

As I understood it, the electronics and computers on newer fighters made them easier to maintain and service, not harder.

Fair enough, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. However, I will laugh like crazy if I ever catch you praising the technological level of the latest Sukhoi or, if we ever see it, the PAK FA. :D

• Like 1

As I understood it, the electronics and computers on newer fighters made them easier to maintain and service, not harder.

I`ve never said they made them harder to maintain and service, i`m saying that new problems have appeared that have not been present 50 years ago.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fair enough, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. However, I will laugh like crazy if I ever catch you praising the technological level of the latest Sukhoi or, if we ever see it, the PAK FA. :D

Hehehe ok, ill be quiet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The F-22 has had two crashes in the space of 4-5 years. AFAIK, that's probably one of the if not the lowest accidental loss rate of any fighter produced to date.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda