Avalon 2005 - Any Russian jets?

Hello there,

Just wandering - Avalon Australia 15-20 March this year. Are there going to be any Russian jets on display - flight displays?

If not, any likely western jets, like F-16, F/A-18?

Just making my mind up wether to go or not. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

Im thinking no to the russian fighters but i could be wrong, they did have one of their choppers their last time. Im expecting the same old western fighters, f15, f16, fa-18 and the super hornet. And of course the f-111.

It doesn't really change much from one show to the next but i still go every time (gold pass rules!! Love having the grandstand seats and free magazine+hat)

I say that u should go, makes for a good day out. (must get there early to have a chance of seeing everything)

Cheers,

Nathan

There was a big artical in one of the newspapers over the weekend on the US contingent that was going to the show this year. Apparently it will be the biggest turn out by the americans barring exercises since WWII! The list of aircraft was remarkable, from the usual F16's, F18's (both normal and super), F15's, F117, B1, B2 and on and on.

This could be one of the best years to go. Unfortunately, work permits me from making. If you can make it i'd definately go!

:cry:

cobra_sig01.jpg

If you haven't been before GO!!!! I've been to the past three shows and enjoyed it everytime. Won't be there this year would have like to have seen the F117 and the B2. Traffic can be messy, so plan on getting to Avalon early and leaving late :)

Cheers

Peter

Thanks heaps for your help,

Decision has been made - I am going in!!! (like that game... :D )

And also true, official Website was the first thing I looked up and re info on it is pure rubbish as to who will be there with what planes.

Thanks again for your help,

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"