some news...

Peyoteros

All the better to see you with :gun_smilie:

Admittedly a wee bit strange.........

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Oh, how many hours do I have playing Americas Army? About 600 hours....and my eyesight is pretty bad, no thanks to Americas Army. These people are stupid, and Im dumber for playing these games. Ill continue my degradation! :P

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I should state what I think about journalists first but it's not worth it. The article is clearly on "improving ‘contrast sensitivity’ in eyesight". This is not the same as improving general (effective) eyesight in general! So there's no mystery here.

The 'contrast sensitivity' is important after the image is acquired through eye's optics and the the optics is what gets messed up most badly during prolonged staring at an object at short, constant distance. If you don't believe me take a guy with good eyesight and check his eyesight after 20 hours session of FPS game. First of all he probably won't be able to sustain constant focus on the monitor for that period of time without brakes for eyes. Second - you won't need any special equipment to say that his eyesight will get worse temporarily. With time this temporarily changes into permanently.

• Like 1