Ka-50 Fuel Specs.

DPS

On the side of the aircraft it says T-1, TS-1, and RT. TS-1 is the most widely used and is equivalent to American Jet A-1 ( NATO F-34/35, USMIL JP-8 ).

Additives are dependent on the situation, but I would guess they are not typically used, except perhaps and anti-fungal, which is very common. And probably an anti-icing agent for times/areas where it gets extremely cold. There are also corrosion and static inhibitor additives, but I don't know anything about them as I've never seen or heard of them being used.

I work on and fly in Mi-17s using the TV3-117VM, and we use JP-8 with an antifungal additive called Prist, which is available pretty much anywhere and has anti-icing properties as well as its primary purpose as an antifungal, although it doesn't get cold enough for us to worry about JP-8 freezing. Freezing point of JP-8 is about -47C and freezing point of TS-1 is about -57C.

World-wide Civil Jet Fuel Grades

Edited by AlphaOneSix

Which is why turbine exhaust doesn't smell like the pong from a parafin heater or stove......it's all that biocide and detergent they add to the kerosene. Now I can tweak my Smell of Victory device so it smells like a Ka-50 rather than a boy scout camp.

Which is why turbine exhaust doesn't smell like the pong from a parafin heater or stove......it's all that biocide and detergent they add to the kerosene. Now I can tweak my Smell of Victory device so it smells like a Ka-50 rather than a boy scout camp.

I pretty sure this an April fool day joke, which by the way it great :thumbup:

But if you are serious, here is some info you might want to know about JP-8

http://www.hess.com/ehs/msds/JP8_HOV_4088_clr.pdf

and TS-1

http://www.rocanda.com/pdf/TS-1%20MSDS.pdf

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Well done to 504Goon, mvsgas and all those who didn’t fall for the Smell of Victory. It really wouldn’t add much to your gaming experience, although it may clear your house of mice, rats, termites and other infestations.

A lot of my friends got caught out, especially as I offered to give away for free the remaining crate of Smell of Victory v1.01.

And I got a very stern mail from the moderator of one of the popular flight sim fan sites, followed 15 minutes later by a note acknowledging that he had been had. I shan’t name names. :thumbup:

But only 2.5 stars for the video!! Don’t you like blonde babes? Come on give the video some more points, boys. I spent a whole morning making it.

Aerosoft did it so much better though. But I may have posted my device first as I had mine on line as soon as it turned 1st April in the western Pacific region.

Robert Burns & Lola Profi.

aerosoft_girostick.jpg

A little late, I know.

But I had a BIG smile all the way through your vid, DPS. Very well done. :)

Who's the 'blonde babe' anyway? ;)

I guess a lot of people are just watching the vid, but don't have a youtube account, like me. So we can't vote.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”