UK Printed Manuals - In Colour!

I just made BW copy with a binder and it costed me 6 EURs in total...

Could you show this (just few pics of manual entrails) :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• 1 year later...

My colour manuals are now for sale - MINT CONDITION as you would expect. I'm looking for £35. No offers. Postage free to UK Mainland.

Please bear in mind that these are printed on HEAVY SILK paper (about 200g) and they are all bound with plastic-coated STEEL wire - not plastic. Beautiful collection.

(Photos at the very start of this thread)

Tom

PC SPECS :

* Intel i7 920 @ 4Ghz | P6T Deluxe V2 | 32Gb DDR RAM | GTX 1070i OC 8 Gb | H50 Water Cooler | Velociraptor 150Gb | Samsung SATA II 1Tb and Samsung 860PRO 512| Prolite 1080p 24" | Logitech G-19 | TM Twin MFD's | TM Warthog | TIR 5 (soon) | Windows 7/64 | My PC | My Blog | My Bikes

Printed mine out, in color, ages ago:

Well I had a slight delay printing this thing out becasue my printer decided it didn't want to cooperate so I had to beat it into obedience ;) .

Below are some pics of the manual which including the key commands and HOTAS setup is 2.9cm thick and weighs in at 2kg :). It took 2 black cartridges and almost one full color.

Also becasue of the high grade paper I used the quality of each picture is like a photographic, that's silky smooth to the touch.

bsdg7.jpg

And the cost to me for the folder + Ink + paper was approximately [£4 to £5] or [$6 to $7].

I could have used those spring looking things to bind it instead but I prefer folders

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I just made these pics...

I know it is not as good as a well-made color copy with metal binders... But for 6 eur, I guess this is more then enough for me... It is a manual afterall...

airea is that a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2?

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's an economic way of doing it Cosmonaut and I've done similar myself with other manuals, but I found that the paper is not supported well enough with two just holes and they are very easy to damage compared to the excellent grip of the spiral binding.

Another benefit of spirals is the fact that you can have it close to hand on the desk without a huge folder being open.

PC SPECS :

* Intel i7 920 @ 4Ghz | P6T Deluxe V2 | 32Gb DDR RAM | GTX 1070i OC 8 Gb | H50 Water Cooler | Velociraptor 150Gb | Samsung SATA II 1Tb and Samsung 860PRO 512| Prolite 1080p 24" | Logitech G-19 | TM Twin MFD's | TM Warthog | TIR 5 (soon) | Windows 7/64 | My PC | My Blog | My Bikes

You're absolutely right MadDogMcQ, but I just prefer a binder/folder. The ones I use are called "lever arch folders" and they lock the pages down so it opens like a text book or you can just unlock and swing the pages over like you see in the pic. I could have used the spiral binding instead but if you do damage any of the pages then you're pretty much stuck. I've already replaced about ten pages due to coffee and beer spills :) .

IMO with the quality of ink jet printers you can produce manuals like this to any level you want for a fraction of the price of a company and you get your manual .. like right now. Then you house it in a folder, spiral bindings even a leather book type cover, it all just depends on what kind of finish you want.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why are you printing a beta manual? It has hundreds of errors that need to be fixed. I am waiting for that and reading it on my netbook for now.

You're saying becasue of a few errors the BS pdf is a Beta manual? Anyway the sim has been out for years so how much longer are you going to wait for some minor corrections.. And even if they actually do make any changes then we can just print up the relevant pages and swap them out.

Edited by Cosmonaut
  • Like 1

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My colour manuals are now for sale - MINT CONDITION as you would expect. I'm looking for £35. No offers. Postage free to UK Mainland.

Please bear in mind that these are printed on HEAVY SILK paper (about 200g) and they are all bound with plastic-coated STEEL wire - not plastic. Beautiful collection.

(Photos at the very start of this thread)

Tom

£35 each or is that for the full set of manuals ?? and can i pay with a postal order ?? i dont like paypal or any online banking system (original mr paranoid) lol

FedEx/Kinko's here in the states (Minnesota specifically) provides this service online, as well as a couple of other places.

I just had the Black Shark Pilots guide printed up by them. 500 pages or so, I chose black and white and bound with a plastic binder. I uploaded it to their website, chose all my options online and submitted it. Within 20 minutes they called me and said it was ready and I could pick it up.

It's very well done, double sided etc. Cost was $44 USD. I could have gone color but it was closer to $80.

I'm happy with what I bought and it's already getting dogeared and well used :). Good crapper and bathtub material (yes I like taking baths, poke your fun, I can take it).

PC Specs

• Intel i5-4670k@ 4.5Ghz
  • 16GB of Corsair what difference does it make RAM
  • nVidia EVGA GTX 760
  • Couple SSD's and a couple mechanical drives
  • 27" Acer LCD Monitor (1920 x 1080)
  • 19" ELO Touchscreen (1280 x 1024)
  • :joystick: Saitek X-52
  • :joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals
  • TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro
  • Helios running custom profile for A10C based on Loz's profile.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, these manuals are now being GIVEN away FREE!!!!

See This Thread!

Tom.

PC SPECS :