Saitek Rudder Pedals Problem

Can anyone help, when i fly with just the x52 pro stick and apply the rudder on the stick the yaw responds very will and i dont have any probs with the rudder controls when standing still waiting to taxi or coming into land the rudder behaves like it should..the prob is as soon as i plug my rudder pedals in, the front wheel starts to turn right when im waiting for take off or coming into land without me even touching them.I have tried everything to try and rectify this by downloading the lastest drivers...but they are still not working.Is anyone else having this problem...If you are a saitek rudder user and are having or had this prob and you managed to solve this prob i would be very greatful if you could help me out.....Thanks

You should check the "axis-commands" for "Ka-50 Real" in the options->controls.

Usually when you plug in new devices, they are mapped to the basic flight controls. If you plug in rudders without checking, you have something like:

Rudder=Rudder

Left toe brake=Cyclic X

Right toe brake=Cyclic Y

This is of course highly inadvisable, because your inputs will come from stick as usual, but interfere with wrong rudder-mapping.

Another possibility: Check the pedals-controls to be sure it's working correct and the rudder is centered.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

This wold probably want to go into the problems section, but it does sound like your axes aren't set up properly or you start off in a weird trim.

I'll attach a pic of how it looks in my settings screen when I have the pedals centered so you can do a quick compare to see if there' something wonky in your configuration.

Scr_09-04-05_19-42-18.thumb.png.4969dc5f78d507befb21c00f9a0af7f2.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Thanks fellow rotor heads, took all of your advice and deleted all yaw controls in game mode and deleted yaw controls in real mode then asigned yaw for saitek pedals only...that seems to have fixed it. Thanks for all of the advice.

Thanks fellow rotor heads, took all of your advice and deleted all yaw controls in game mode and deleted yaw controls in real mode then asigned yaw for saitek pedals only...that seems to have fixed it. Thanks for all of the advice.

your welcome. :)

While we're on the subject, I noticed (by looking at the control output screen switched on with ctrl-enter) that the Saitek rudder output is cancelled by applying the toe brakes. So, if I make some rudder input and then press one of the toe brakes, the current rudder input is cancelled. I have to move the rudder a bit so that the output returns. Is there any fix for this? Thanks.

BTW, what do you use the toe-brakes for?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

While we're on the subject, I noticed (by looking at the control output screen switched on with ctrl-enter) that the Saitek rudder output is cancelled by applying the toe brakes. So, if I make some rudder input and then press one of the toe brakes, the current rudder input is cancelled. I have to move the rudder a bit so that the output returns. Is there any fix for this? Thanks.

Are you sure you don't have double-mappings, too?

If you have 2 devices mapped to the same function, the latest input will be used. The way you describe it sounds exactly like if you have rudder additionally mapped e.g. to your twist-stick or some other axis. So after the game has the last input from the rudders, it get's information from the second controller which is set to neutral. If you move the rudder again, that is the last input again.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Differential brakes for ground handling and such.

I don't think it's supported in Black Shark but haven't really checked, but it's a feature of some aircraft where you can apply brakes to one side only through the toe brakes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I don't think that differential brakes are that common for helos.

I have my pedals mapped as buttons: Right toebrake >20% = brake, left toebrake >20% = Parking brake.