Black Shark in Canada?

I have good news for some of you. I was just in the Abbotsford Future shop today and I asked them about whether they would be getting DCS Black Shark. I saw him look it up in the system and he said that they are on order but they haven't recieved any yet. I saw it on the computer as getting 9 copies. He said they wouldn't necessarily be coming to that particular store though.

Thanks, I'll have to check in there from time to time!

Well, still nothing to be found in the "land of hosers, eh".

Futureshop in Edmonton today said they had no sign of it on their computers.

London Drugs here reported today that there are 60 copies shown as "back-ordered at their warehouse", which makes me wonder just what Take 2 was telling TFC/ED on April 16 when they said it had been "shipped on London Drugs". If it's shipped, why isn't it at least at their warehouse yet?

Also, Wags' post of April 20 that Amazon.com, Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, GameStop, J & R Electronics, Game Shack and London Drugs carry it is cold comfort. These are all Amercian outlets, except Best Buy and London Drugs, and Best Buy here in Canada are still not showing it as available. I can only assume that only Best Buy in the US is carrying it. Also, EB Games Canada is a subsidiary of the US-based GameStop, but they have recently downgraded their PC title support, citing it as being only a very small percentage of their business and that they would only be carrying hot-selling titles (which presumably means no study sims like DCS: BS).

Canada, by population, is only 1/10 the size of the US market, but we have not been as seriously affected by the global economic slowdown as the US. It is beyond me why publishers and retailers have apparently lost so much interest in the Canadian PC software market. IMHO, TFC/ED is missing a golden opportunity here.

I will continue to wait for a retail box but my interest is beginning to wane. I am not at all encouraged about the prospects of being able to buy DCS expansions at retail if it is this difficult to get the premiere release in the series to us.

And don't bother going on about the ability to buy it digitally - when I went to direct2drive I noticed a disclaimer saying that they would not guarantee that their version would be compatible with future add-ons. I still take great comfort in the ability to wrap my greasy digits around a commercial disc containing the bits I have purchased.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spike9

I purchased my copy on Ebay from Computech Computer Centre (seller wwwcomputechca). No problems whatsoever ($35.95 CDN plus shipping).

I bought 3 DVD copies from GameStop: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74016

These days, account for 25% exchange rate, and 15-20$ max Charge On Delivery (COD).

So 3 copies amounted to 3 x 65$CAN all included.

Buy it today and don't waste another minute on the ground!

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

:DI ordered my copy from gogamer using a US delivery address in Sumas Washington. Gogamer had me use their Google partnership system. I recieved the game within 3 days and when I brought it across the boarder, no taxes added, so it cost me 39.40 US which worked out to 47.28 Can.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Didn't you have to go pick it up in Sumas Washington? Did you include your gas bill in your "cost" calculation?

From Chilliwack, Edmonton or Montreal, that's a factor.

I'm glad you got the game - see you in the "friendly" skies!

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

I purchased my copy on Ebay from Computech Computer Centre (seller wwwcomputechca). No problems whatsoever ($35.95 CDN plus shipping).

Seems like thats the only place in Canada that has it right now in physical form. But they don't have it in their store apparently, so even if your lucky enough to live in Quebec, you still can't just stop in and buy it, gotta go on Ebay.

Amazon.ca doesn't seem to sell it anymore either, just the manual (which is unavailable.) :doh:

Seems like thats the only place in Canada that has it right now in physical form. But they don't have it in their store apparently, so even if your lucky enough to live in Quebec, you still can't just stop in and buy it, gotta go on Ebay.

Amazon.ca doesn't seem to sell it anymore either, just the manual (which is unavailable.) :doh:

I Canadian & Quebecer. Distructrion you ask? I always tought that Canadian relations was ok

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I wonder why it is not on store shelves in Canada?? There are many canadians on these forums, and many interested.... There are more Canadian skin mods for the Black Shark than any other country I think, that would be a small sign of interest for this product....I really hope the distribution kinks are worked out for the upcoming DCS series addons.

It's not a matter of TFC/ED wanting to distribute to Canada. It's matter of Canadian stores wanting to purchase and stock the sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yeah GG, I'm not trying to say that ED doesn't want to distribute here, I'm sure they do! (sorry for coming off that way) Wags stated earlier that BestBuy and LondonDrugs will be stocking shelves, and it is listed as 'on order' @ LondonDrugs..... but they do not have any copies in the warehouse or on the shelves, which to me screams 'distribution KINK'!! I dont know the cause of the KINK, hence aforemention pondering....

I've got the Russian digital copy, but cant wait to get my hands on 2-3 boxed English copies, and I know many other Canucks out here waiting for the same......

We have alerted Take2 Distribution that they need to put pressure on Canadian chains to take Black Shark.

London Drugs have already agreed to take Black Shark - but Take 2 Distribution has apparently neglected to ship any stock to them (still back-ordered at the LD warehouse). Have you asked Take 2 about this?

Edited by KaBoNG

• ED Team
London Drugs have already agreed to take Black Shark - but Take 2 Distribution has apparently neglected to ship any stock to them (still back-ordered at the LD warehouse). Have you asked Take 2 about this?

Yes - Take2 have been alerted. They ran out of stock and they are re-manufacturing.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

London Drugs, who woulda thought ? That was the only, and I mean ONLY place I could find LO:FC in physical form.

They are kinda hit and miss for computer stuff. I found them selling an ATI 9800pro for $350.00 - this was in June - 2008. Other times I've found stuff there selling for insanely cheap. Other times, they were the only place I could find some hard to find software or hardware.

Weird place. I bought LO:FC along with a flash card for my camera, some cold medication and a pound of gourmet coffee.

Got it from ebay, cdn seller!

Hey guys...

I was able to find it on ebay from a store located in Quebec city for around $50 "buy it now" (can't remember the exact cost!). If any of you are interested, let me know, I'll pass the link to you. Pretty fast service too... 3 days after I ordered, it was in my mail box!!!

Cheers,

Chris

• Like 1

Hey guys...

I was able to find it on ebay from a store located in Quebec city for around $50 "buy it now" (can't remember the exact cost!). If any of you are interested, let me know, I'll pass the link to you. Pretty fast service too... 3 days after I ordered, it was in my mail box!!!

Cheers,

Chris

Welcome to the forum Chris! Thanks for the tip; you might as well post it for anyone reading through.

Rep for not making your first post read "How to trim/land/fire the Black Shark!!"

Thanks for the reply Jim, I appreciate it...

We all want this product to succeed, and I'm sure there are a few customers out there who do not download their sims/games from the internet! (or order from ebay)

I was one of them, but DCS:BS made me become an internet shopper. :P

• Like 1