Black Shark in Canada?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, two and-a-half months, and no DCS:Black Shark on store shelves in Canada as far as I can tell. NO copies have been shipped to LondonDrugs, still on back-order...unless their computer system is fouled up and the boxes are sitting in a warehouse under diapers and mouthwash.

I don't suppose there is any news from Take2 about their efforts to manufacture more product and get it onto Canadian shelves?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Nothing new to really say. Our distributor (Take Two) in north America is trying their best to get Black Shark into as many retailers as possible. However, the number of Canadian retailers making orders has been more limited that any of us have wished.

Oddly enough tho, it is listed on the LondonDrugs.com website.

Stranger still, its listed as being a Take2 title!

http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures/en-US/Products/Computers.htm?BreadCrumbs=Computers;Computers;Software;Games&Catalog=Computers&Sort=0&Page=2

I noticed that the American stores, (EBgames, Bestbuy, Walmart, to name a couple) have it on their sites, available to order online or buy in store. These same stores exist here, and do not stock it. I have noticed less PC titles on the shelves lately...

...but now that I think back on it, there has never been a Sim or game or movie that I could not find on Canadian shelves... It might have taken me a week to locate LO:FC, and even longer to get an Xbox copy of America's Army... but I found them.

I think I'll just order the English boxed copy sooner to the patch release date, and be done with it. For some reason it feels like giving up. I will not be bumping this thread any further, unless of course it does hit shelves...

I have given up on buying the BS DVD through a local retailer here in Edmonton and will buy from an eBay dealer in Montreal (Computech).

At least I'm buying Canadian and in my preferred format but because my local retailers have lost a sale, I think it just adds fuel to the fire that is causing them to carry fewer PC titles these days (especially simulations, which at one time were a major segment of PC game sales).

I am not at all happy about this though and am posting here to register my discontent.

I just came across two copies in London Drugs, Richmond, BC, Ironwood Mall store. Try checking their online site or see if they can send a copy to Edmonton.

Moved them to the front of the case too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I just came across two copies in London Drugs, Richmond, BC, Ironwood Mall store. Try checking their online site or see if they can send a copy to Edmonton.

Murphy strikes again! I just placed my eBay order on the weekend.

Now that the patch is here, I might go down to my local London Drugs and buy one if they have it. If so, I'll end up with two copies, which might be useful for LAN gaming in the future.

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone in Canada has actually found this game on store shelves today, as I have not been able to. In fact, I have checked with every EB Games, Best Buy and Future Shop, and it's not even listed in anyone's database of future releases. Pretty much every software person I have talked to today has looked at me like I'm crazy when I ask about it. :noexpression:

why would you wanna pay the stupid GST/PST/HST? unless you want to make our retarded politicians richer? i buy online as much as i can to avoid paying taxes and shipping costs :protest:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 10.8 | Windows 7 64 | TrackIR 5 | Saitek x52 | 4GB DDR2 | E8400 O.C 3.8 Ghz | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse

http://www.war-hawks.net

is recruiting.

http://www.war-hawks.net/private/index.php/recruitform

Guest Gryphon5

Since this is back near the top; DCS Blackshark is available at Aviation World in Toronto and Vancouver.

(Didn't read every post thread to find out if this was already mentioned).