SB Pro PE - New Update

Groove

Awaiting my upgrade anxiously! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Tell me what it's like guys, did they manage to make any new building shapes after all ?.

Ssnake said they had planned lots of new buildings but that all went to ratsh*t part way through the upgrade and the last I heard from him was there would be nothing new this time around.

If no new buildings I will not bother buying the upgrade for now, the scenery is brilliant but its so sterile with the few buildings there are.

That's it's only failing in my view, a great tank sim in every other respect.

Well there are new sounds, new Leo model, new M1 model, added vehicles, new smoke and dust effects, new artillery effects, to name some.

I haven't seen anything about new buildings, but in the esthetical department there's lots of new things to play with.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Well, Steelbeast is not a tank sim in first degree.

It's more an tactical simulation combined with tank driving ability.

The list of new bugfixes, features and additions is 17 pages long:

http://www.esimgames.com/downloads/SBProPE_2-460_Release_Notes.pdf

A short introduction video showing the upgrade:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/video/SBProPE2_460_Preview.wmv

Edited by Airway

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Steelbeasts 2 is cancelled.

They are concentrating on the professional sector.

Another update for Steelbeasts Pro PE is coming soon:

Here's the release notes already for the free, ~650 MB sized, v2.483 update:

http://www.esimgames.com/downloads/SBProPE_2-483_Release_Notes.pdf

We have made the decision to freeze the SB Pro PE code at this point, and are preparing the final steps to-wards the release of the incremental update from 2.460 to 2.483. This means that while the update will be made available for download

- you need to have 2.460 installed before you can install this version

- you need to have a CM stick with a valid license to run it

Unfortunately a few new developments didn't make the cut to be mature enough for a public release, among them night vision goggles. I'm sorry, it'll have to wait until the next version. Giving the player NV Gs isn't enough, the behavior of computer-controlled units must be adapted as well and that would have taken a lot more testing time. Likewise there's a feature for deep snow simulation and visualization that will have to wait, as well as the Swedish FOV90. These will be released in a coming version.

I'm currently preparing the release notes with the version history and will probably post them tomorrow. I'll let you know when the software is ready for download.