A completely cold and dark CP?

msalama

Salud amigos!

I noticed there're still some switches left on in the default parked plane such as the hydraulics power switch, etc. Now what if I wanted me a pit with completely _everything_ switched off? What .ini file or somesuch should I edit?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this gents :thumbup:

M.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

such as the hydraulics power switch

If that's the switch I'm thinking of (on the wall panel next to the IFF power switch), it's not an on/off switch, it's a main/common switch, and it's already in the proper position when starting cold. What other switches have you seen that are not in the proper positions for cold start?

Actually, regardless of whether the switches are in a "proper" position, is there an .ini or .lua that can be edited to alter the state of cockpit equipment settings at startup? Something more than "helicopter off"/"helicopter started".

Shoot to Kill.

Play to Have Fun.

What other switches have you seen that are not in the proper positions for cold start?

Ah, could very well be that all of them actually ARE in their correct positions for a cold start! But still, suppose that I'm thinking of, say, a scenario where I collect my chopper after a complete overhaul and notice that the mechs left absolutely everything switched off... now is there a way to achieve that?

do you have a button fetish?

Not really. Would still like to know if it's doable, though.

So no-one knows the answer to this then?

I, for one, do not know if there is a file with which you can set the position of the switches for various states (e.g. "start from parking"), but I do know that the switch positions as they are now are proper for a cold start. At least, I have no been informed or seen any that were not correct, although there was a discussion a while back regarding the crossfeed valve.

I know for a fact that x-feed valves are default in the off position for two civil aircraft; Boeing 737 and Fokker 50 (I fly and have flown them)

An educated guess then tells me the x-feed should be off in the KA-50 upon cold start as well, but I might be jumping conclusions because of other info I lack.

Anyway, why would you go through the hassle of editing some file if the cold and dark cockpit situation is already in-game?

I think you're after a random switch position mod to simulate, for example, a maintenance guy forgetting a few switches, right?

Just fly through the cockpit and flick a few then, before you start! ;) Just kidding.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

@AlphaOneSix: well, I never claimed that any of the switch positions are incorrect as they are. I just said some are left on, and asked if anyone knows of a file where this is defined. Seems no-one does, and that's cool. Wasn't a biggie in the first place... but merely something born out of plain curiosity y'see ;)

If you remain that obscure about it, we indeed start to think its a fetish... :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

You know, the crossfeed switch I usually turn on while in transit because I never have evenly filled tanks. When doing precombat checks, I switch back to isolate, just on case I lose containment on one tank, the other one will still feed the remaining engine and I *might* make it home on a single engine.

More technique than procedure, I guess...

Skydoc, out!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"...es gibt viel zu tun, paken Wir's an!"

------------

HAF 932, core I7 920 @ 2.67ghz, HD 4870 X2 2GB, 6GB RAM on a ASUS P6T Deluxe with some big@ss hard drive and onboard sound, TIR4, TM suite and Cyborg Keyboard/Cybersnipa Keypad

If you remain that obscure about it, we indeed start to think its a fetish... :P
No, it's much simpler than that actually :P The question reared its ugly head because I had a couple of weeks break from the Shark waiting for my ex-IL-2 squaddies to purchase DCS:BS - well they did now and the first thing going through my mind after entering that C/P again today was "hmmm, some of these switches are on by default, I wonder where their initial state is defined" or something like that. And that was that, believe it or not!

Not sure if it was a wise decision to actually ASK about it here though :megalol:

Edited by msalama

@AlphaOneSix: well, I never claimed that any of the switch positions are incorrect as they are. I just said some are left on, and asked if anyone knows of a file where this is defined. Seems no-one

Bringing the bird to life is not "flipping all the switches" (presumably to on). Checklists are there for a purpose. You need to ensure that the "switches are in the correct position."

So even if a switch is on accidentally (which you would catch on the first checklist run to ensure it's off, in case it's required to be off), once you step through the checklist, you set it to, or leave it at, on.

I agree with Msalama. It would be nice to alter the .Lua file to make certain switches left on. It would be nice not to have to switch every switch on when you do a cold start. I'm sure that pilots in the real aircraft, don't switch every button off when they shut down the aircraft. After all, you have to turn the electrical power on in order for certain items to work such as the radio. It would be nice to do a cold start without having to switch on the radio every time, or other items that only work when the power is turned on. Is it possible to alter the .lua file?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Call Sign: Warhammer

I agree with Msalama. It would be nice to alter the .Lua file to make certain switches left on. It would be nice not to have to switch every switch on when you do a cold start. I'm sure that pilots in the real aircraft, don't switch every button off when they shut down the aircraft. After all, you have to turn the electrical power on in order for certain items to work such as the radio. It would be nice to do a cold start without having to switch on the radio every time, or other items that only work when the power is turned on. Is it possible to alter the .lua file?

I'm sure that pilots in the real aircraft, don't switch every button off when they shut down the aircraft.

If they are like most aviators I know they follow a checklist which means you shut everything down.

I'm sure that pilots in the real aircraft, don't switch every button off when they shut down the aircraft.

If they are like most aviators I know they follow a checklist which means you shut everything down.

How do you know that is what most aviators do? Have you physically watched most aviators shut down an aircraft? I know that they would say that they shut everything down, but I bet that the majority don't turn the radio off every time they shut down the aircraft, when the power to the aircraft shuts it down for them. I don't care what real aviators would do or not do, I just want to know, (like Msalama does), how to alter the .lua files to keep certain switches on. I think his question was a very good question.

Edited by Sharkster64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Call Sign: Warhammer

Indeed, the arguement here now starts about what would be good practise. That's completely off topic.

The question was simply if there would be editing of a lua file possible or not, regardless why or what use it would be. ;)

BTW I am a real aviator and the answer is both; yes we follow a checklist and don't just switch a few buttons if we feel like it, so everything that's supposed to be off is turned off, but that does NOT mean that we turn off every single switch/button that has an on/off label. Some system switches remain in the on position eventhough we shutdown the aircraft. These are generally systems that only work under certain conditions and are already off because other systems are off, eventhough the switch is in the on position. So you're both right. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*PLIM*

We're sorry to interrupt the transmission, but an important (bwahahaha - yeah, as if) public announcement is about to follow.

Seems that the buggers are defined in a .DLL, so there's not a lot one can do should one want to screw up their Shark's initial cold state. So that's my question answered I think - thanks everyone who participated :thumbup:

Yours, the cat that curiosity killed :D

PS. My fetishes have more to do with high heels than switches BTW ;)

PS. My fetishes have more to do with high heels than switches BTW ;)

That's too little too late I am afraid. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]