Ordering Black Shark - 2 Options IMHO

First Option - Order from TFC directly and support ED in thier on going battle to bring us state of the art gaming flight sims.

Second Option - if odering from TFC gives you the ibby gibbys, order from Go Gamer.com. They have been a very ACTIVE and ardent support of flight sims and flight simmers and their prices are as competitive as anyone. They are active on the boards of the flight sims they carry so if you have any problems you can talk with them directly instead of the support@willneverbeanswered.com.

These are just IMHO. No one supports and is active in flight simming like GoGamer.com. I don't work for them or get anything for saying this, it is just the truth. Try getting the support of some pimple faced geek at EB games or another store you order from, or Amazon.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

I'm with you Dusty, I ordered the on line version and just got the boxed one from GoGamer. In fact preordered it back in January.(I'm one of those who wants to have the boxed version in hand).:smilewink:

AMD FX-8320 EIGHT CORE PROCESSOR 16 GB RAM RADEON RV 480 WINDOWS 10 64 BIT

While I think your support is nice you do forget the non-us based playerbase. If I would order at GoGamer I would be spending loads of cash on shipping alone. And that's assuming they would ship to Europe at all.

I do like the effort to support the supporters though!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

My apologies, I should have indicated North American ordering. But now you are on the subject, from what I know, Simw.com has the best reputation in Europe and is a great place to order from. As far as Asia goes, I am in the dark.

Dusty Rhodes

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Since I don't own a credit card, buying it retail is the easiest option for me to buy DCS:Black Shark.

But should I consider the percentage that ED will make from a purchase? I guess I could ask around at work if somebody has a credit card and is willing to buy DCS:BS online for me.

How substantial is the profit difference between online purchase and retail? I'd like to support ED the best I can, but I'm also a lazy b*stard with little people skills.... :D

MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X2 555 @Phenom II X4 B55 BE, 3.2 GHz quad-core, Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512MD5, OCZ Gold Edition DDR3 1333MHz 4GB Kit Low-Voltage. Budget = Cheap = Good :D

I would think every retailer pays the same price, and they put a price on it depending on how much they want to make. So I believe (Just my not so humble opinion) that ED makes the same amount of money regardless.

Dusty Rhodes

DCS:BS seems to retail for about € 39,- here in the Netherlands. According to an online currency converter, the $50,- for an online purchase converts to about €39,- as well. So the price for me would be roughly the same. I guess I will ask around for someone with a credit card.... ;)

MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X2 555 @Phenom II X4 B55 BE, 3.2 GHz quad-core, Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512MD5, OCZ Gold Edition DDR3 1333MHz 4GB Kit Low-Voltage. Budget = Cheap = Good :D

I tried to order from Gogamer twice today, both times they said they had a problem with my Visa Transaction. I live in Canada and had a US address to ship to so I wonder if that is the problem. Anybody know any Canadian Distributor for Black Shark

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

FYI - the Amazon.ca version (ASIN:B001TK3FIO) is French only. So, there are exactly zero options to buy DSC:BS in Canada, IMHO (and don't bother suggesting the digital download, I want a disc!).

All I have found so far are US sellers (Amazon.com and EBGames.com) but after shipping, exchange and duty I would end up paying close to C$100 for it, and none of the extra cost would make its way to the developers.

Thanks for nothing, DCS.

Hint for DCS: Canada IS part of North America. If you bill a release as "North American" it ought to include Canada.

I think they would/do get the message without you being an Asshat about it :)

Dusty Rhodes

oUCH. The hostility. :S

Seeing as it has not arrived here in Holland yet either, I'd just hold your breath for a little while more and see what shows up in stores over in Canada.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

and don't bother suggesting the digital download, I want a disc!

1 - Download

2 - Burn to disk

3 - Profit

Not solely to be cheeky sod, but I just don't understand why one absolutely has to have a printed disc. AFAIK there is no functional difference between the digital download and the boxed version, except that with the boxed version you either have to go to the store or pay postage.

I fully understand the premise of wanting to have archival options, but there's no lack of that with the download. I have my install files on three physical devices.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester