1.1 Copy Protection Update

Maybe it's too late to change anything, but at least can that 40% limit be raised to ....80%?

I am not that rich, and cannot update my config once and for all, I have to save money for a few months and buy a grpahics card, then another few months for a cpu, then another few months for a new LCD. And I am seriously considering heavy hardware upgrade for LOMAC:FC.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like they decided to fore-go income from a section of the LOMAC customers. A reasonable option now that ED knows it's an issue for the LOMAC community and has weighed the losses versus the benefits.

I'll be getting it.

I've asked this a few times

How will it work for someone who wants 2 copies? :?

I've got a buddy without a credit card and we want 2 copies.

But I'll likely have to e-mail ED directly once the full procedure is known.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Re: 1.1 Copy Protection Update

Do we know what ED's intention is here? Is it actually to make us pay if we exceed the three config changes as part of their revenue stream ...

Ohhh, boy! Don’t be ridicules!!!

What a nice chap you seem to be! Why is it 'ridicules' to ask a straightforward question? ED are perfectly entitled to charge in whatever way they choose, including the full fee everytime the game is started, if that is what they want :)

I have bought other sim software with a similar bind to hardware and restricted number of activations. Its developers told me that their intention is to reserve the right to withhold registration if they feel that someone is abusing the system, but to date they have never refused a new registration to someone who has asked for it. Is this the position that ED will take?

You are not a programmer and have never written 500 000 lines of code, have you? And then watch a pirate sell a copy of a decade of your work for 2 US dollars (little more then 1 Euro)!

After you write more then half a million lines of code into a project, then return here and we can discuss copy protection with you, all right!!! Also I will be more than happy to talk to you about “revenue stream” issues…

What this rubbish has to do with anything I said escapes me.

Mike

Hello there,

Not that long ago I have installed Falcon 4 on my PC and tested some of the excellent patches F4 community brought to us. Microprose is no longer, but that did not matter because I did not have to activate Falcon 4 after an install.

My question is:

Will I be able to, say in 4 years from now, sell my current PC, buy a new one, install Flaming Cliffs and play? What if StarForce dudes go broke (hope they do), and I can't activate the install of Flaming Cliffs?

P.S. I am a programmer, amongst other things, running his own small IT business, so I symphatise with ED when it comes to protection of their hard work.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

IMHO the best thing to cut all this crap for ED is to distribute CDs. We buy the CD with the protection support on it and there will be no such things as activation key or spreading out info on our hardware configuration to the net.

After all if we were able to wait so long for 1.1 we could wait few more weeks no ??? :wink:

IMHO the best thing to cut all this crap for ED is to distribute CDs. We buy the CD with the protection support on it and there will be no such things as activation key or spreading out info on our hardware configuration to the net.

After all if we were able to wait so long for 1.1 we could wait few more weeks no ??? :wink:

It is humanly impossible to agree more witht the above statement!

DC - bring it on!!!

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

If it works anything like Microsoft's set-up (had to ring them twice to-date because of hardware changes) there should not be a problem......but....I also had a friend that had an OEM copy of XP when he decided to upgrade (used some bits from his dell) his XP stopped working and when he tried to get it re activated he was told the OEM was licenced for one computer and as he has upgraded that much his computer has changed to the point that it is now another computer, they would not re-register his copy he had to purchase another retail version.

ED need to clarify exactly what the procedure is for those users that upgrade regular enough that they will use their 3 registration options. They should have something in place like Liveforspeed where every month they give you another registration ticket so in theory if you did an upgrade and only had 2 registrations left after a month had passed you would get credited a 3rd (max 3) to your account, which would be enough for the average computer upgrade.

For the drastic decissions drastic solutions, i'll never buy the lock on 1.1, reasons, i have computer and portatil i change the computer every year, after three re-register i don't know why i need to pay anymore. That's it, i fly now more il2 and more fs2004 or return Flanker 2.51 or Lomac 1.02.

Why on earth did you spend any effort or time on the Demo patch and release if this was the case.

The conditions being applied on a go forward are unacceptable to me, if this is the direction of PC computing, it's doomed for me.

Better start your console version.

Hello all ,

My 2 cents , buy this addon and dont be worry about this SF protect cause open my mind ED will do with this SF protect the same they done with 1.02 patch which include nocd . Not tomorrow of course but most probably in 12 months or just before de 1.2 addon ;-)

So for all those who are afraid of later issue installation , be quiet , Ed will do the necessary for all lockon 's fanatic we are . :D

Edit : and even if me too i prefer a cd , if we break it ... we can see it is easier to manage problem with a dl File (even with a SF protect ) rather to buy a new cd , isnt it ?

As for the CDs. Halt!

Im tired of waiting for the release of FC. If you want CDs let FC come out. This way, we won't be bored for more time...

Can you explain me where is the problem with CDs plz ???

You wont play 1.1 on april but on june is that right ???

Patience is a virtue.

ED go for CDs. I'm ready to pay 50 € for it, if I know that I will not have to ask for activation key when I change my hardware.

Hello all ,

My 2 cents , buy this addon and dont be worry about this SF protect cause open my mind ED will do with this SF protect the same they done with 1.02 patch which include nocd . Not tomorrow of course but most probably in 12 months or just before de 1.2 addon ;-)

So for all those who are afraid of later issue installation , be quiet , Ed will do the necessary for all lockon 's fanatic we are . :D

Edit : and even if me too i prefer a cd , if we break it ... we can see it is easier to manage problem with a dl File (with a SF protect ) rather to buy a new cd , isnt it ?

Tell that to zzzspace !!! Ask him how he feel's about having his machine porked by Star-F***.

after three re-register i don't know why i need to pay anymore

Who said you have to? ;)

who said we didn´t???

that´s why ED needs to CLARIFY this once and for all.

nobody said we had to pay again, but again nobody said we didn´t.

how hard is it to make things clear?

why sarcastic comments like "who said you have to?" when there is NOTHING official stating the contrary...

i know you are not being evil ( :wink: ) when you said that... but it´s so easy to make things clear that i really don´t understand why they don´t do it...

upgrades

So far in last 2 years i have iupgraded my pc 5 to 6 time adding diffrent things from a single ide drive to 2 ide then to sata and on to sata raid with 4 drives. I have changed power supplys to match mobo upgrades and cpu upgrades and ram 3 times and graphics card at least 4. and as better stuff comes out i fully intend to upgrade again. i sell my old stuff and i have plenty off people willing to buy it from me (a bit like good cast offs. But if 3 times is limit i then predict that me personelly will get about 8 months to 1 year of play out of the addon then they wont recognise my 40% :cry: a cd will solve it so lets buy the downlaod and a cd to be sent when they are ready . Ed could ask for names an address== when we pay for a cd to follow..

after three re-register i don't know why i need to pay anymore

Who said you have to? ;)

who said we didn´t???

that´s why ED needs to CLARIFY this once and for all.

nobody said we had to pay again, but again nobody said we didn´t.

how hard is it to make things clear?

why sarcastic comments like "who said you have to?" when there is NOTHING official stating the contrary...

I'm not being sarcastic. I agree that these things need to be defined clearly, and I'm confident they will before release. P3T3R however sounded like he was sure already that a new key would require paying again. I commented because I don't see any indication of that.We've already had a lot of panic with the first Starforce discussion after all.

Personally I'm all for people making conscient decisions about buying or not buying stuff, but those decisions should be based on facts. And yes, I'm aware that not all facts are known yet.

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

Re: 1.1 Copy Protection Update

For the full version of 1.1, users may install the game as many times as they wish, there is no limit. They may re-register the game up to three times

what takes to force me to re-register? changing PC? format? I easely do both of this more than 3 times in a 2 year period. What garauntees that theres anything on the other side of the net to register the game with after this period?

but it will not be necessary to re-register unless you have changed over 40% of your hardware configuration.

40%? what does starforce "consider" this to be? Just a CPU or GFX seperatly or both? what is the criteria here?

just wanna make sure of everything in the contract before the buy thats all.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

money

Hi , i wish all the money to ED they deserve it for their work but i think i'm not gonna buy this game.

Why????

I don't want to be persecuted because od buying an original game. I just want to put cd in and play.That's all i want.

I want to change my configuration of PC anytime i want and don't want to be annoyed by messages " Configuration changed, you cannot play this game. Contact ED"

For me, it's easier to tell you the lenght of my penis than be persecuted for what i 've paid for.

Nothing against ED.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit