How can I get my keys back?

STP Dragon

Hello community.

First: Sorry for the bad englisch, I'm german.

I have bought Black Shark at Amazon.de

I have installed it on my PC but the PC wasn't good enough to run the Game.

So I bought a new PC. I had some problems with this new PC so I had to install Windows many times till the machine was running perfect.

I activated and deactivated (clicked on the button/link) Black Shark every times before I formated my HDDs.

But every time a activated Black Shark after the installation again, it decreased one key. :(

Actually I'm at 4 activation keys. :helpsmilie:

How I can get my keys back? In the manual is written that I have to announce here.

Edited by =STP= Dragon

You could have used deactivations if you were just reinstalling the operation system...

It's in the manual too.

BTW, you still have 10 deactivations and 4 activations.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

But I want my 4 missing activations back.

I also used deactivations...

There have to be a way to get these keys back.

You don't need to use an activation if previously you have deactivated. The re-activation is done using a special code given in the deactivation process. It's in the manual too.

Any way, you still have activations and deactivations left, I don't see any problem. If you were at zero, but you're not...I think ED "gives" (they are not obligated) a new serial (so 8 activations and 10 activations) if you screwed big time and depelted all of them.

Anyway, mail ED and ask for them...good luck on that.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

• 7 months later...

Hi ED.

Now my keys are gone. I have problems by installing Windows 7.

Please refresh my keys, I have to reinstall BS once again.

What do you need?

Have you attempted mailing activation@digitalcombatsimulator.com?

The mail should explain what happened to cause your issue, and they probably need to be informed of your login name at the dcs site (which may or may not be the same as your forum, since it's separate databases, so please be explicit there), might also want to be explicit on which e-mail adress was used in the purchase. I don't know if the support department want your key - they might be able to get it through knowing your login at the dcs site.

Hopefully one of the support people will get on your case ASAP. Would be a shame to have a prominent mission designer barred from his tools. :)

That said, here's the FAQ entry on this:

Q: What if I run out of activations? Is there a serial numbers replacement?

A: One serial number is provided per license. It has enough activations to use it for years. Moreover, modern StarForce ProActive has a deactivation feature which allows to keep activation between hardware upgrades or OS reinstallations. So we don't see any reasons for lossing activations except malicious carelessness and catastrophic hardware or OS crashes. But notice that we are not responsible for somebody's irresponsibility. Consider receiving a new serial number as a free bonus for those license owners who did encounter serious problems.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hi EtherealN,

I have a german DVD-version. I don't have a login-name on the dcs site. Only on this forum.

Doh, my bad. Please forgive my english-centric mindset.

Then we'll have to wait for the support people, I suppose. Tried the e-mail adress I linked?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Not yet.

The problem is: I need the keys NOW because BS is not running yet with Win7.

I have one-second-freeze on every step I make.

First time I release the Shkval -> one-second-freeze

First time I make a range measureing -> one-second-freeze

First time I drop a flare -> one-second-freeze

Every time I was hit -> one-second-freeze

Every time my wingman shoot -> one-second-freeze

I tried old nvidia drivers, I tried new nvidia drivers, I tried with other settings.... everytime the same!

Now I want to reinstall Win7 and install BS first before I install Office 2007 with Windows Live etc. But therefor I need a key...

Hm. That sounds "interesting". Have you made a thread in the problems-and-bugs section to see if anyone can assist in figuring out the cause of that?

Even if the only solution ends up being a reinstall it would be neat to identify the exact cause, in case someone else runs into this in the future.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

If I will find the problem I will post it in the problems-amd-bugs section.

I don't think that somebody can help if he is not in front of my PC. :)

But I'm on the verge of kicking Win7 out of my window! This try will be my last... but I need a key...

Well, I think Panzertard has a pretty good grasp of the Win7/DCS:BS combo, and he's on the tester team as well. He might know where to look.

Worth a try, while waiting to solve the activations issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'll send you a PM, so we can try figuring it out in German ;)

Running on Win7 here, too, no problem.

To the activation problem: You have more unlocks with DVD-Versions. The problem is, though, that you have to choose reactivation and enter the deactivation code in order to save your activation. If you just reactivate, you'll lose one deactivation AND one activation in the process.

Edited by Feuerfalke

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

...If you just reactivate, you'll lose one deactivation AND one activation in the process.

Thet's what happened. I have installed Win7 ... six times now (?)...

I don't have deactivated it every time....

Anyway... I need my keys back...

Hi Dragon, do you think you can start a post over in the Problems & Bug section?

Then we can check through your computer setup step by step - and get some more ideas from all the other helpful people here on the forum as well :)

Let's have a look at your Dxdiag & stuff over there :)

Note - remember to Deactivate before Uninstall (you cant get new activation keys in the weekends - it usually takes 4-5 days in the weekdays)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

it usually takes 4-5 days in the weekdays)

And what do you (or they) need?

My activation code? no.... or?

Sorry - Im not directly involved with support/ED/Starforce - I'm just a tester and a pilot like you :)

I think this part of the FAQ may answer some of your questions;

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=568704&postcount=3

As for "getting your activations back", you wont. You will only get additional new ones when you run out. Thats their policy as far as I can see.

So until then - guard your activations by deactivating before changing/reinstalling OS.

When you do run out - you need to email support over at starforce (with your german or english version I think) - this is from the FAQ;

Owners of the Russian version in case of StarForce problems (excluding activation problems) should contact directly 1C: Multimedia support service (mmedia.hotline{at}1c.ru) with a copy to (support{at}digitalcombatsimulator.com). 1C should forward your request to StarForce support service. It's necessary to include Black Shark registration number in the message body. You can find it in the registration form included in the box.

If neither 1C support nor StarForce answers, please let us know.

It doesn't apply to the owners of the Russian downloadable version. You should contact us directly.

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

You do not get deactivation codes with 1.0.1 anymore - only from 1.0

They have removed the whole need for deactivation code.

So just deactivating with 1.0.1 - reinstalling os - installing DCS:BS and activate when it's patched to 1.0.1 should be fine. :)

ok, thx...

but anyway I need a new key-package for my german version. Maybe I will sell it.

ok, thx...

but anyway I need a new key-package for my german version. Maybe I will sell it.

How do you want to sell it without activation keys left?

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

:huh:

But if you have a new set of keys, why sell it?