[DL-Link] SharkPit - Beta

TangoRomeo

for users who have a russian version with english patch (pit is with occidental legends) and want to test this one :

see this post (sorry in french) at checksix forums :

http://www.checksix-forums.com/showpost.php?p=905084&postcount=20

maybe there is mistake from me

but i tested it and it worked perfectly...

so the author or skypat may easily make a version for

the people with russian version who want to benefit from this great work and persist with occidental legends...

@ all, as this is beta, some things might change for the final texture pack. If anyone has detail cockpit photos of the KA-50, feel free to post it , it's going to help alot.

check this out

http://walkarounds.airforce.ru/avia/rus/kamov/ka-50/index.htm

http://www.rebtechnologies.net/EC-130B4.htm

Thanks Chazz,

i already have the first one bookmarked. Specifically i´m looking for a pic of the L-140 LWR display unit. I´ve also found an interesting pic of a KA-50 with a light blue/gray cockpit:

ka50cockpit1ct3.jpg

Anyone have more info on this?

ka50cockpit1ct3.jpg

Where did u get this picture..looks like the old version of the shark (great idea for a second mod :smilewink:)

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Where is this modman?

I hate to sound all noob here, but I have been all over this sie looking for this MODMAN thing everyone refers to and cannot find this download.

I do a search on this site and get 500+ items and none seem to say where to get it.

A stickey for modman seems in order since people here seem to rely on it so much, unless I have missed the stickey too.

This site is none too easy to track for newbies.

http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?Fichier=5767

Google is your friend. :)

EDIT: Switched to a direct download link of a newer version than the first link I put up there.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Conveen:

You also need to add entries in the config files to tell the game to use the textures. The files are designed to work with modman (basically).

You could also get the mod to work (probably) by extracting the textures in the cdds file into your temptextures folder. TBH Modman makes everything simple it adds the entries in the correct places for you, it keeps everything tidy and stops you messing up your install.

Edited by DragonRR

Thank you first. So is must open the cdds files and extracting in my temptextur folder then?

How I open the cdds files and what I have to change in the config files please?

I was trying ModMan but it is to complicate for me, because my english is not the best.

Which langauge is your native langauge? My Modman 7.1.1.0 has buttons to get it in English, French, German and Turkish. The translations are not perfect and complete but it should hopefully help a bit if your language happens to be one of those.

(If not, you can always see if it is possible for you to help get the mod translated to your language.)

EDIT: Also, if you want to, I can make a guide with some step-by-step pictures to help you figure out which of the foreign-language buttons do what.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hahah, ah. Yeah, that's a bit away from any of the languages currently on offer in Modman. >.<

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

@ Conveen,

by extracting the files into your /TempTextures folder you are going to notice a performance hit ingame, i.e. longer loading times, microstutter and lower framerate. This method is not recommended.

The final version comes as replacement .cdds and modman package. Shouldn't be too long now till it's g2g.

Conveen:

Maybe we can help you with Modman. Although Modman looks complicated it actually isn't when you install a mod.

Download the mod, copy it to:

C:\Games\ModMan\addons_dcs (Or wherever you have installed Modman)

Run Modman

It will say "Select game managment"

Select "DCS series". Click "Apply"

Click "Mods installer"

You should see the mod in the main window already selected. At the top right find the button "Install" click it.

That's it. Exit Modman and run the game as usual.

• Like 1

In the readme it states that there is an option to have it in English, yet when i install it there is Russian, but no option for other languages. The readme doesn't state how i'm supposed to get it in English. Can anyone help please?

to be honest i don't really see the attraction of the new textures. The orange cover for the three ejection system switches is terribly blurry, and the overhead system activity lights such as hover mode are hard to even read.

I don't find that one blurry at all. It just has a colour gradient from wear and tear.

Language would be guided by the language setting you have for the cockpit in the game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I've just started with Black Shark and I'm excited about this mod in particular.

However, is it hosted anywhere else? I've been trying to get into checksix for three days, and it keeps timing out instead of connecting.

EDIT: Oh. It seems like they have been hacked.

Edited by Paul Roberts

DOWNLOAD @ rapidshare --> 10 Times possible

Greetings

S@uDepp

P.S. ..... direct upload via icq or similar possible! just call ;)

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64

Another link, in case the previous one runs out:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/agd6f0f/n/SharkPit_Ka50cockpit_beta1_FIXED_PACK_zip

Cheers!

pit

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.