Another Saitek Problem

Hey,

recently I changed my key assignment on my X52 with RALT + SPACE from the Fire B Button to the Fire Button but now it doesn't seem to work when I shoot.

I have tried Space + RALT as well on the key mappings but no change. It works when I use the keyboard however.

Anyone else encounter this problem? And how can it be fixed?

cheers

You need to load the lastest beta drivers from Saitek.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

I had this same issue, not sure about updating drivers etc. I've seen quite a few people with this issue. I just reassigned the fire key in the DCS controls menu.

I basically just set them up like this:

SPACE + ALT to activate the cannon. ( I do this manually)

C to release weapons. (Mapped to Fire button on X52)

There may indeed be a driver fix to this, but my solution was borne out of frustration.:thumbup:

Not sure if you alread knew this..and if you are having a problem with the right shift functions.. but..

Only the Saitek Beta 2 SST Software the Right Shift works. This info has been beaten to death and told over and over again in these forums (search). Also on the Saitek forums. It will probably fix your problems..

Use the latest drivers from the Saitek website and the Saitek SST profiling software from:

http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?p=77040#post77040

drivers:

http://www.saitek.com/

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I'm aware the issue has been beaten to death, I just thought there might have been a new way.

I am still having problems with it, did a complete uninstall and reinstall with the latest software. In the end I had to map Release Weapons to another key :(

Greetings Nighthawk!

I am not sure if this might help you but I had lots of difficulties by myself during configuration of a working profile.

Now I do not use any key combinations anymore but advanced macros and they are working fine for me. I hit on problems with special key combinations and even normal macros in my SST profile didn't work with BS.

If you give it a try please keep in mind that you have to delete the "release part" of the advanced macro and set all delays to zero.

Good luck,

Mad.

I've had a profile gone awkward in BS as well. It seems like the beta SST program still has its flaws.

For example if you just change the key input of an existing mapping without first deleting it, the profile will become corrupt and won't work like it should anymore in BS.

If you have a doubt about your old profile, I'd say first write out your new profile on paper first, then program it in the SST in one go and save the profile. I did this and have a working profile in BS once again.

Also the advanced macro tip given above is your friend. Normal keypresses sometimes don't filter well into the game. Reason? Unkown.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Hi there!

It seems that BS cannot handle "normal key combinations".... especially if they consist of keys like LWIN and ALTGR. When I programmed my X52 I switched BS to the window mode, opened up the controls page and instantly tested my Saitek profile in order to prevent me from starting up the game permanently. After implementing an advanced macro I reloaded the profile and hit the button on my stick - if it worked the cursor on the control page in BS jumped to the corresponding key combination! ;-)

That way I found out that neither regular key combinations nor normal macros worked but only advanced macros.

Take Care,

Mad.