Pico Connect App

Vector1

13 minutes ago, jungleboy123 said:

Just to say i've decided to hop back to using the quest 3. The Pico Connect is just a little unstable, oversaturated and the quality is slightly below the Quest 3. I have both wired USB.

I have not been able to get Pico connect to work very well. VD is the best option by far. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

I concur. When it works, Pico Connect is a significant improvement over Streaming Assistant but regarding use with DCS, VD with VDXR is still a notch above and less prone to problems.

5800X3D - 6950XT - Pico 4

3 hours ago, Qcumber said:

I have not been able to get Pico connect to work very well. VD is the best option by far. 

VD is nice, but i still get some compression artefacts and the brightness is awful. I am sitting right next to my PC / router 5GHZ Wifi 6.

May need to try messing with it again sometime 🙂

23 minutes ago, jungleboy123 said:

VD is nice, but i still get some compression artefacts and the brightness is awful.

What sort of compression artifacts are you seeing and what codec/bitrate? Why is the brightness awful? Too much or too dim? You can use OKRTK to play with exposure, brightness, contrast and saturation. When I do a matched comparison with link cable there is not much in it. 

4 hours ago, Qcumber said:

What sort of compression artifacts are you seeing and what codec/bitrate? Why is the brightness awful? Too much or too dim? You can use OKRTK to play with exposure, brightness, contrast and saturation. When I do a matched comparison with link cable there is not much in it. 

Maybe nothing related but i used an old version de reshade 5.94 (not compatible with openXr) could be the cause?

21 minutes ago, Diminou31700 said:

Maybe nothing related but i used an old version de reshade 5.94 (not compatible with openXr) could be the cause?

I don't use reshade but it might be try disabling it. It's always best to start as clean as possible. Try vanilla; no mods etc, and see how it looks. VR takes a lot of patient optimisation. VD is good so it's worth working on getting the right settings for you. 

18 hours ago, Qcumber said:

150MBPS H265 10 Bit. Brightness too dim.

Again i might need to try it as there have been numerous updates since and i have also optimised DCS a little (well in-fact cranked up the graphics lol).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Qcumber said:

I don't use reshade but it might be try disabling it. It's always best to start as clean as possible. Try vanilla; no mods etc, and see how it looks. VR takes a lot of patient optimisation. VD is good so it's worth working on getting the right settings for you. 

Early january my Pico was perfectly working on DCS, since the unified version i Lost VR.