Questions for the powers that be

firstly ........... thanks for expanding and taking LOMAC to the next level. :)

Here's my Q's:

Can we as users look forward to more inclusions and expansions ??

What\who dictates airplane selection for inclusion and expansions ??

Re: Questions for the powers that be

Here's my Q's:

Can we as users look forward to more inclusions and expansions ??

What\who dictates airplane selection for inclusion and expansions ??

There will be at least one more expansion for Lomac. After that, we'll probably be looking at a new simulation . . . . which will take more time to come out, but probably have a lot more shiny features.

Indicated aircraft for the next expansion is the Ka50 helicopter, beyond that they haven't told us yet.

So far, a combination of common sense and publisher's money has decided which flyables to add.

The original Flanker sim had the Su27 - Flanker 2 brought the Su33, Flanker 2.5 brought the MiG29.

Several steps were skipped between Flanker 2.5 and Lomac - "Su25 Frogfoot" and "Flanker: Attack" were supposed to focus more on ground attack. When it was decided to try and include the A10 and F15 as counterparts for the Su25 and Su27 . . . . . cue a long pause . . . . . we got Lomac.

The Su39 (close enough to the Su25T) was actually supposed to be included with Lomac at initial release . . . . . so where we are now is technically were we should have been at Lomac release.

General common sense criteria for new aircraft:

Relatively easy to do (i.e. no major code changes)

Easy to sell to an intended market.

Major code changes include adding things like functioning multi-function displays and air to ground radar - the Lomac code does not support these features, which rules out several aircraft. It also rules out things like VTOL aircraft (Harrier) for the near future.

There is some limited two-seater functionality in the code, but not enough to add two-seat aircraft yet. Most popular two-seaters also include one of the other problem areas, too.

Flaming Cliffs is being paid for by a Russian developer, to be sold, boxed, in Russia. As such, it is very much a Russian flavour . . . . the Su25T is a good sell to that market.

The Ka50 is the next logical step - long time since someone's done a helo sim, Lomac's world looks fantastic, it's Russian, and it shares a great deal of the avionics (and weapons - Vikhr etc) with the Su25T.

Where the highly secretive "next project" will go, we don't yet know, but speculation is rife. However, just for a taster . . . . . things that ED have said that they either will include, or are working hard on with the intention to include in "future projects".

6DOF support for TrackIR (coming in v1.2)

Dedicated Server application

Dynamic Campaign

Two-seaters

More accurate missile physics

. . . . And so on. Looks good, doesn't it? :wink:

Guest ruggbutt

Yep, something I'll never use. I have my hands full w/HOTAS, don't need to grab a mouse too................ :shock:

Well, either your Hotas has its own mouse type button(Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS) or you've got a complete pit. Because if an aircraft is fully modeled it'll require more buttons than a cougar can put out.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

@britgliderpilot

May I give you a tip.

In your next flightsim if you include Mirage 2000-5 as flyable plane, beleive me you will have french market and a very large fan base there. We are asking for Mirage 2000-5 since Falcon 4.0 and nothing.

There will be at least one more expansion for Lomac. After that, we'll probably be looking at a new simulation . . . . which will take more time to come out, but probably have a lot more shiny features.

With how long this add-on is taking to come out we could probably expect the next evolution of LOMAC around 2068.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

:)

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Don't forget clickable pit 8)

Thanks for the replies, I think I've gotten used to the non-clickable pit.

In F4 it was great to have. But I can't actually say that I miss it. The biggest thing that I wish lomac had is a dynamic campaign generator. {another topic, another time} And night vision, again {another topic, another time}.

As for the helicopter addon, that would be outstanding. :) and I look forward to it.

The reason I asked this question was because it seems like the US based devs. and publishers are not going to ever release a flight-sim like F4 again. So, ED and foreign companies are the hope of the future. And it seem to be in very capable hands.

Re: Questions for the powers that be

General common sense criteria for new aircraft:

Relatively easy to do (i.e. no major code changes)

Easy to sell to an intended market.

Major code changes include adding things like functioning multi-function displays and air to ground radar - the Lomac code does not support these features, which rules out several aircraft. It also rules out things like VTOL aircraft (Harrier) for the near future.

Just from may layman's perspective: Wouldn't it have been a good idea to program Lomac in a more moduled way ? This would have allowed to add new aircraft with their specific parameters by just adding new cmd.-files and skins for the optics, and a 'table' with the aircraft specific data to feed the - real good - physics engine of the simulation?

Then it would have been possible to add new aircraft just the way it is possible in X-Planes and MS Flight Sim (I hate that crude sim, but the concept is ok).

Just my 2 Cents (Euro Cents of course)

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

The biggest thing that I wish lomac had is a dynamic campaign generator. {another topic, another time} And night vision, again {another topic, another time}.

I would like to see a way of manipulating the behavior of the AI pilots. Their tactics are lousy and easy predictable but nevertheless fixed, and the feauture of pre-setting a certain sequence of behavior / tactics would dramatically increase the training effect.

Like a sort of programmable sparring partner.

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]