Fulda Gap

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Remember Wags was confirmed ED has working on other two maps aside of the Afghanistan, Iraq and Marianas WW2, and surely that will be the same maps to modern/WW2.

Well, to be honest, after seeing the first videos of the Afghanistan map i'm definitely hoping it's an Ugra project...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2024 at 3:14 PM, twistking said:

Well, to be honest, after seeing the first videos of the Afghanistan map i'm definitely hoping it's an Ugra project...

How come. It looks very good, also what we saw so far - in various trailers looks great already and it's just the beginning, map developer did already nice job and it will be even better. 

I was hoping they would already mention it in the news, supposedly they read out comments here so why bother hiding it anymore? 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

4 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

How come. It looks very good, also what we saw so far - in various trailers looks great already and it's just the beginning, map developer did already nice job and it will be even better.

It's just that i got the feeling that Afghanistan is once more a project were the Early Access tag really does some very heavy lifting.
Ugra's Syria arrived in a more complete state and i'd worry that an ED EA release of a big Germany map would be in Early Access purgatory for many, many, many years...

4 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

I was hoping they would already mention it in the news, supposedly they read out comments here so why bother hiding it anymore? 

That's one more reason why i suspect Ugra being behind it.

Edited by twistking
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, twistking said:

It's just that i got the feeling that Afghanistan is once more a project were the Early Access tag really does some very heavy lifting.
Ugra's Syria arrived in a more complete state and i'd worry that an ED EA release of a big Germany map would be in Early Access purgatory for many, many, many years...

That's one more reason why i suspect Ugra being behind it.

Oh OK I thought you were on about the fidelity / quality, yes the EA is 'effect' is there for sure, but they gave an estimate of quite frequent updates, I like the approach that current region is pretty much feature complete, I remember I had to resign missions around some added roads / urban tiles to the PG map back in a day. 

And well, if UM is really behind the Germany map, that would be excellent news, they proved a lot with Syria and Normandy 2 terrains.

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta