Campaign: Republic

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These 2 files are from my own "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Missions\Campaigns\bs\en" location, after I made the changes to them as described above.

Unzip them to the same path (just adjust if your blackshark install location is elsewhere). It should overwrite at least one file if not both.

These changes were made to this download specifically: http://files.lockon.ru/ru/156/

I hope that does the trick.

republic_mission02_englishname.zip

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Did he go back and land at the FARP at the end?

If it continues to give trouble you may be able to post a link to the track file (or just add it to the post if it's not too big) so it can be looked at.

Returning back to the base at the end looks to be set as a trigger for this mission (you can take a look at each one in the mission editor in the game to confirm, but I'd avoid doing that unless absolutely necessary since it's quite a spoiler).

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

mission clean up

My dad is having some problems completing this missions,he says after he desstroys all the targets as instructed and lands that nothing happens.It keeps making him replay that same mission and I don't know if it helps but he says the instructor sometimes doesn't even call out all the targets.

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Just finished this campaign. Bravo!

Fantastic story, and good composition overall. One flaw to point out:

On the mission where you are tasked to shoot down the two Hinds, the campaign said I failed the mission despite shooting down the two helicopters and returning to base. I believe the flaw is due to one of the helicopters doing an autorotation landing upon taking critical damage from my cannon; had I finished the chopper on the ground, I suspect it would have registered the kill and advanced me in the campaign. If such is the case, then I would suggest making a note in the briefing for the particular mission, stating that the player must destroy the choppers on the ground should one or both of them successfully land upon taking critical damage. One could easily integrate this note into the story by stating that the player must prevent the enemy's recovery of intact parts lest they possibly salvage them and fabricate a partially or fully functional Hind.

Not to give any spoilers away, but the last mission of the campaign had me crying for the first time to a sim! No videogame has ever done that to me! :thumbup:

• ED Team
Just finished this campaign. Bravo!

Fantastic story, and good composition overall. One flaw to point out:

On the mission where you are tasked to shoot down the two Hinds, the campaign said I failed the mission despite shooting down the two helicopters and returning to base. I believe the flaw is due to one of the helicopters doing an autorotation landing upon taking critical damage from my cannon; had I finished the chopper on the ground, I suspect it would have registered the kill and advanced me in the campaign. If such is the case, then I would suggest making a note in the briefing for the particular mission, stating that the player must destroy the choppers on the ground should one or both of them successfully land upon taking critical damage. One could easily integrate this note into the story by stating that the player must prevent the enemy's recovery of intact parts lest they possibly salvage them and fabricate a partially or fully functional Hind.

Not to give any spoilers away, but the last mission of the campaign had me crying for the first time to a sim! No videogame has ever done that to me! :thumbup:

Thank you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
what is the problem with make the mission compatible with BS2?

Triggers?

While many triggers have been added, the functionality of the old triggers hasn't really changed. The biggest issue with importing old missions from BS1 is with the changes in AI behavior, targets, and capability. All that stuff is simply set up differently. Additionally the mission editor has more capabilities, so it is plausible missions might be re-worked to take advantage of some of the changes.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 5 weeks later...

I've hit a snag with the English version of this Campaign. When going to the Campaigns screen it says that "EnRes02TankAttack.miz is not found in EnRepublic1.0.2.cmp".

Firstly I noticed that the file was names EnRes02 TankAttaßk.miz so I renamed that. Then I thought perhaps the space was causing problems, so I removed that and edited the .cmp file (lines 295 and 296) to match but it still does the same and I'm out of ideas now.

Mind you, I'm running DCSW/BS2 and I get the impression that this mission isn't compatible with that anyway, so maybe I'm wasting my time ;)

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

maybe, you need to "re-"save all files in the ME....it works in the old days, everytime the version of the DCS A-10C changed....!

That's a good idea. I'll give it a try.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 1 year later...

I've just tried to get this working after getting the missing file error. After opening each mission in the editor and re-saving it a few missions had tasking errors where it could not perform"Bombing" so I just changed the tasking to "weapons free". Unfortunately I'm still getting the missing mission file error when I open the Ka50 campaign. Does anybody have any further suggestions? or is this campaign lost to us now.

• 4 months later...

I just saw in the newsletter that DCS will be offering ways to buy campaigns like DLC.

Dzen if you're reading this, I will pay you an inordinate amount of money for this campaign in DCS world. Please and thank you.

If my russian was a little better I'd remake the campaign myself