English 1.02 and Russian FC 1.1

Hello Everyone,

I have the English version of Lockon updated to 1.02, would I be able to buy the FC 1.1 CD in Russia and merge the two?

Thank you

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Re: English 1.02 and Russian FC 1.1

Hello Everyone,

I have the English version of Lockon updated to 1.02, would I be able to buy the FC 1.1 CD in Russia and merge the two?

Thank you

Monnie

As I understand it, the CD that you can buy in Russia will install as a standalone product - no need for a previous version.

If you wanted the CD and were prepared to learn Russian, then that works just fine. However, if you wanted it all in English . . . .

It's a tempting idea - having the Russian FC box on your shelf would be a very cool option.

Anyone know of anywhere that'll mail-order them to the rest of the world?

That's what I'm thinking about. If anyone knows a shop which would sell it by mail... just post the link :D. That way I wouldn't have to worry about copy protection, registration, playing the game in 50 years, the CIA... :D.

Maybe I wouldn't even mind russian ingame text and speech. For now it's an option.

That's what I'm thinking about. If anyone knows a shop which would sell it by mail... just post the link :D. That way I wouldn't have to worry about copy protection, registration, playing the game in 50 years, the CIA... :D.

Maybe I wouldn't even mind russian ingame text and speech. For now it's an option.

But for this purpose it would be quite good to know Russian. :)

Such shop exists. But I shall not give the link to it. =) Because the Russian version costs more cheaply (because if in Russia to sell a product under such prices, as in America and the Europe, Eagles in Russia will not earn anything because the piracy is here too well developed). ;)

Коричневые очки никогда не поранят мозг. Они небьющиеся.

Brown-coloured spectacles will never harm a brain. They are unbreakable. (с) Me

сфсвсг

I'm the future of the Russian government.

According to Scott Lofgren,

Bentley Systems global director.

I remember playing games when I was a little kid without understanding a single word of english. Hell I learnt my first english with Zak McKracken.

Ok, Russian is a different story (new alphabet...). But the interface is largely based on symbols anyway.

Thank you for all the replies !!!

If I may ask, Is the FC 1.1 CD only to be published in Russian? No other countries in Europe will get the CD in their native language? ie: French,German,UK, etc... ? Or will the disk have all the installs for other native languages besides Russian?

Spasibo

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Thank you for all the replies !!!

If I may ask, Is the FC 1.1 CD only to be published in Russian? No other countries in Europe will get the CD in their native language? ie: French,German,UK, etc... ? Or will the disk have all the installs for other native languages besides Russian?

Spasibo

Monnie

AFAIK, 1C company has exclusive rights to use "Lockon" brand on CIS territory and for Russian language. That's why only Russian version of FC wil be available as standalone CDs. other versions (only English so far) planned as downloadable add-on package only.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

• ED Team
As I'm going to MAKS this summer, I think of buying FC in a shop in Moscow.

Any chance they'll understand me when I address them in English?

(My Russian is very poor at the moment)

Heh! Will be nice to meet at MAKS anybody from this forum. :D

"Lockon" in russian spells very similar. "Flaming Cliffs" - "Goryatshiye Skaly". Also you can to spell it as - "Lockon odyn odyn" (it is "Lockon one point one" in Russian). 1S spells as "Odyn Ass" (my apologies). :D

"Have you... ?" spells as "Oow yas yest'... ?".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Олджерд,

Я должен быть в Санкт-Петербурге, область Невскай в сентябре. В начале вашего языка. Как далеко - Вы от Невскай? Есть Поезд, чтобы путешествовать на? Спасибо за все ваши таланты и трудно работают!!

Olgerd,

I should be in Saint Petersburg, Nevsky region in September. At the start of your language. How far are you from Nevsky? Is there a Train to travel on? Thank you for all your talents and hard work!

Olgerd,

I should be in Saint Petersburg, Nevsky region in September. At the start of your language. How far are you from Nevsky? Is there a Train to travel on? Thank you for all your talents and hard work!

Олджерд.

Я должен быть в Невском районе Санкт-Петербурга в сентябре. В начале вашего языка - (don't understand - you're in begining of learning russian? if so then it'll be: Начал учить русский язык. (began to learn russian language)). Далеко ли вы от Невского? Имеется ли поезд, на котором я могу туда доехать? Спасибо за все ваши таланты и тяжелую работу. :)

This is semantic translation, not literal.

Best regards...

With best regards, Albert R. Valiev

----

Oculus Rift S, i7-8700, RTX-2070, 32Gb RAM, M2 SSD (X4 PCI-E mode).

Re: English 1.02 and Russian FC 1.1

Anyone know of anywhere that'll mail-order them to the rest of the world?

Fortunatley for me, my brother has a russian girlfriend, she will send FC to me :) :

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

• ED Team
Олджерд,

Я должен быть в Санкт-Петербурге, область Невскай в сентябре. В начале вашего языка. Как далеко - Вы от Невскай? Есть Поезд, чтобы путешествовать на? Спасибо за все ваши таланты и трудно работают!!

Olgerd,

I am sorry. I never was in St.Petersburg. I am living at Moskow (were is ED). MAKS-2005 will be near Moskow in Zhoukovsky.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

I dont believe this is correct assumption to make for even five years.

I played all the rouge spear titles. The grafics engine really only supported 98 . so in 2001 UBi released black thorn rouge spear and put on the box for windows 2000, that was a complete lie. The game will not play in windows 2000 correctley. I still wana play rouge spear esp black thorn and cannot. I have tried seveeral installations of 98 with a couple different computers and the speeed of the computers was just too much for the game. Actually the box doesnt mention support for Ati video cards either just old g force stuff and the like.

So Im screwed I have the games but since tech has advanced I cant play them anymore. :roll: thats after 4-5 years of game release. :cry:

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

Might be a little OT. I played 4 games this year which are around 5 years old. Ultima 9, Falcon 4 and Mobil 1 Rally Championship, Quake 3 (greatest rally game ever) all of which run perfectly under Windows XP. So it depends on the developers if they really cared. If their code was clean DirectX or OpenGL there is no reason for it not to run today.

Same for the future. There is no reason that DirectX or OpenGL programs won't run in 5 years. Except if Microsoft disappears which is very unlikely. There is also no new platform on the horizon besides x86 going 64bit, which is backward compatible.

Btw... 50 years was a little exaggerated ;).

Oh, Ultima 9 and Falcon 4 are games haven't bought myself. Those are gifts by friends who don't play them anymore. This will also become impossible with downloadable version. See I don't want to be too much restricted.

Moscow is about 600 km away from St. Petersburg. Trains to Moscow go quite often (every hour or even more often). So you can easily find the time that suits you and come over here :) If you will need any help, do not hesitate to contact :)