A couple more observations on modded v1.1 demo features

The radar altimeter in the Russian jets now indicates slant range - i.e. the reading is only accurate wings-level. Roll, and it shows the distance from the sensor pointing straight down from the aircraft centreline . . . . . can get iffy in gunzo fights.

The new realistic G-modelling is COOL. You lose the padlock once the FoV narrows beyond a vertain point . . . . nice feature. Also much easier to black out totally . . . . although unlike Il2, I think you retain control at all times, even when you can't see what it's doing.

The fully manual A2A refuelling for the Su33 is utterly fantastic fun. Difficult, challenging . . . . but entirely possible, and very rewarding.

The AI is much more reluctant to eject. Used to be that if you hit an engine, it'd give up . . . . it doesn't any more.

Fun point - I hit an F14 in the left engine with cannon shells and it caught fire, then went out. F14 put on nav lights and was heading home . . . . hit it in the left engine and it caught fire for a second time . . . . interesting, no? :wink:

On another note, NTL just upgraded my connection to twice the speed it used to be, so I can get v1.1 twice as fast when it's released. Ready and waiting - but I'd be grateful if release happened by the end of the week, since I'm on 28.8k when I go home for Easter :P

Oh, and two old complaints about A2A refuelling in the Su33:

- Why do the flight characteristics change when I put the probe out? Different curves for different HUD modes, OK . . . . does the refuelling mode not count as a Nav mode?

- Why do we only get 10 km/h intervals in normal flight, but get 1km/h intervals when the probe is extended?

Happened in Lomac since release, don't know if it'll be in v1.1, but it's in the demo.

Re: A couple more observations on modded v1.1 demo features

Some nice observations there. :)

On another note, NTL just upgraded my connection to twice the speed it used to be, so I can get v1.1 twice as fast when it's released. Ready and waiting - but I'd be grateful if release happened by the end of the week, since I'm on 28.8k when I go home for Easter :P

Glad to hear that you can now D/L when you are away from uni now.

NTL must be feeling the pinch from BT. They just doubled all of their connection speeds at the begining of Feb. Now up to glorious 2 meg connection. :P

Asus ROG Strix B-560-F, Intel i9-11900k, EVGA GTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000, 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVME SSD, Asus PB287Q 28" 3840x2160 TN 4K, Thrustmaster Warthog + F/A-18 HOTAS, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder, Razer orbweaver chroma.

The artist formerly known as VVS 504 Wolverine.