MiG-29A HUD pic

Cool pix, thanks.

But how can he fire missiles in gun mode?

Missiles?

You don't mean the contrails of the other MiG-29, do you?

That is quite normal at 25000 ft.

Or did I miss anything with the letters to the left?

Radar seems to be activated, but what does the A stand for?

Something about tracking the target?

PS @ Orao : Definately no MiG-21. Or did they build any with 2 engines? ;)

those arent condensation trails. just smoke trails' date=' as the altitude is 800m. planes are both 29's in the front. due to the symbol on the hud, gun mode is switched on...[/quote']

Right, the other pictures show smoke trails, but we were talking about this picture:

http://www.fabulousfulcrums.de/Bilder1/Pipper.jpg

Altitude is given in feet as these are MiG-29 modified to NATO standards. So it's 25 000 ft.

those arent condensation trails. just smoke trails' date=' as the altitude is 800m. planes are both 29's in the front. due to the symbol on the hud, gun mode is switched on...[/quote']

Right, the other pictures show smoke trails, but we were talking about this picture:

http://www.fabulousfulcrums.de/Bilder1/Pipper.jpg

Altitude is given in feet as these are MiG-29 modified to NATO standards. So it's 25 000 ft.

....and 270 knots :)

- JJ.

JJ

guys if u remember the BIG VIDEO that we downloaded of LOMAC during its developemnt posted shortly after its E3 video on the german lomac site. It was a very high resolution with that old looping music of lomac. it was the best resolution and quality video I had seen. That was still whne explosions weren't perfect/////But I still feel that the smoke trails for missiles were better.l....if u notice in the part when the apache fires missiles...the smoke trail from missile is just like a thin line but in course of time becomes THICK and fluid and that was the most amazing feature..... however later it was re changed to the present thick blobby smoke which in my opinion wasn't better.

I cannot find that video any more....but it was quite along one. but here is another video that shows similar smoke trails......not exactly the same but similar THICK SMOKE TRAILS

ftp://ftp.ubisoft.com/games/lomac/media/Missile_Shot.zip

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I know what you mean, but IMHO the best missile smoke-trails LOMAC ever had can be seen in this movie: ftp://ftp.ubisoft.com/games/lomac/media/mig-cas.zip The way the smoke breaks up and dissolves (watch the scene with the Ka-50!) is a feast for the eyes :)

I also think that the CBU effect from this video (in other words, the one from the release version of LOMAC) is more realistic than the one we seem to be getting in v1.1 (too much Hollywood, IMHO): ftp://ftp.ubisoft.com/games/lomac/media/lockon_movie20.zip

Sorry for going OT!

those arent condensation trails. just smoke trails' date=' as the altitude is 800m.[/quote']

Definitely smoke trails... would be neat to see these faint engine smoke effects in LOMAC for the engine types that actually do generate them. I've seen it modeled in other sims.

Play Hard - Play Fair

Squadron Leader "DedCat"

169th Panthers - http://www.169thpanthers.net

Not sure I like the 1.1 smoke trails after an a/c is hit ... look like a line of black cotton balls ... preferred the 1.02 ones.

James

I actually thjink the somke trails AFTER aircraft is hit in 1.1 is much better....the smoke is denseer and more real..

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|