Problem with Main Menu

Alphamale

Anticipating an ATI response: disable Catalyst AI. If that fails, rollback your driver to 8.12. If you do not have ATI or both fail to resolve the issue, call me stupid. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I'm psychic I tell you! :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Anticipating an ATI response: disable Catalyst AI. If that fails, rollback your driver to 8.12. If you do not have ATI or both fail to resolve the issue, call me stupid. ;)

Cat A.I. was disabled to just start this game, so that's already been done. What's so special about the 8.12 flavor? I mean some of my other games are highly recommending that I use newer or up-to-date drivers. Thanx for your responses.:thumbup:

There is something wonky in that driver suite that causes issues with the graphics routines used in launcher.exe. I don't know for certain, but I am under the impression that launcher.exe uses OpenGL and that ATI have done something weird to their OpenGL routines in the 9.x series of drivers.

You could test to see if it works with the 9.4 suite, but the only "sure" fix I've seen from the people that have encountered the issue has been to revert to 8.12.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

There is something wonky in that driver suite that causes issues with the graphics routines used in launcher.exe. I don't know for certain, but I am under the impression that launcher.exe uses OpenGL and that ATI have done something weird to their OpenGL routines in the 9.x series of drivers.

You could test to see if it works with the 9.4 suite, but the only "sure" fix I've seen from the people that have encountered the issue has been to revert to 8.12.

Thanks Ethereal. So you're saying this is a known issue or do you just mean graphic corruption in general? Also, I do have Triple Buffering enabled for OpenGL. I'll first try disabling that.

It's a known issue. The reason why I was able to guess the make of your graphics card is that I've seen it reported here a lot of times and every single time bar one it's been ATI cards running 9.x series drivers. But by known issue I don't know if ATI knows about it and I am not sure what it really was that they changed between the 8.x and 9.x to make this happen - but we here certainly know about it.

If you do manage to make it work while still using 9.x drivers that would be absolutely awesome though, since then we might be able to give people that encounter this an alternative to rolling back their drivers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Bingo !

Running ATI Radeon X1650 AGP w 512 mb on Windows XP Home.

Rolled drivers back from Catalyst 9x to 8.12 and the screens all look correct now...no missing wall paper now and the names of the startup screen buttons are there.

Thanks for the tip. icon14.gif

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit

Hi all, My first post so i thought id make it a good one.

Been reading through the forum for a fix to the white menu screen and game not loading. Came across this thread and yes I have a ATI 4870 1gb ram running 9.2 drivers on a VISTA home premium 64bit system. So i guess this was the issue.

Now i didnt want to use the older 8.12 driver as stated in above post and mod asked for help if any one got it working on ATI 9.2 so hear you go.

Yes disable CAT Ai. Set all 3D settings in the control center to application controled. Thats ATI drivers sorted now the thing people are missing. Blackshark by deffault runs in a window on the desktop. VISTA uses a 3D desktop that BS dosnt like. Right click on the BS icon and click the compatability tab. Then select the disable visual themes box and the disable desktop compasition check box. Hit apply. Now when you run the sim a pop up in the bottom right will say something to the effect of turning off visual thems etc etc ignor it and the menu window will appear.

Now you can see the menu got to options and tick the run full screen box.

Let me know if it works now I can run BS and my other games with out losing 9.2 drivers.

Enjoy the sim. Orford.

This looks like my wallpaper but i Alt+tab to bring up the CCC and as you can see version 09.2

blackskyc.th.jpg

Edited by Orford

Cheers man, hopefully this will work for more people. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Update........

Ok I have now have my ATI 9.2 Control center setting to.

8 x AA edge detection filter at 24 samples.

8 x AF

Catalist AI = OFF!!!

mip map detail = high quality.

V sync set to aplication controlled

Adaptive AA at high quality.

opelGL set to tripple buffering.

Also hit Ctrl-Alt-Del when the game is runnning go to processes and right click DCS set afinity to all 4 cores. sim running at 30% cpu load.

And as mentioned before turn off VISTA visual themes etc by right clicking the DCS:BS icon and hit compatability check the 2 boxes as stated in my other post.

My system is

CPU intel q6600 not overclocked.

4GB ram

1Tb hard drive.

ATI 4870 1gb Graphics card. 9.2 drivers

on board sound.

22" Iiyama prolite monitor running at 1680x1050

VISTA home premiun 64 bit.

Looks and runs very smooth hope this info helps ATI users. Hope posting images dosnt break forum rules but just wanted to show and say thanks to DCS, BS dose run and look great on 9.2

helif.jpg

Edited by Orford

I have the exact same problem, exept I'm running XP. My card card is a ATI 1950pro and many of the other user reporting the problem has 19xx cards as well - coincidence?

Anyway, I tried the settings suggested by Orford:

- Disable AI

- All settings in 3D application controlled

- In the property settings for the shortcut i ticked "Disable visual themes"

- I could not find the "disable desktop compasition" described by Orford - maybe it's only in Vista.

Tried starting BS again, but the problem persisted so I tried various combinations in the properties for the shortcut, to no avail.

So finally I gave in and rolled the drivers back to 8.12 and that worked.

I would however be willing to try installing 9.3 again, if you have suggestions I should try.

Really hope the driver compatibility issue is fixed when the game is patched, I am running windows 7 with a older ATI card and there's no way (that I know of) to get the 8.12 drivers installed :(.

Really hope the driver compatibility issue is fixed when the game is patched, I am running windows 7 with a older ATI card and there's no way (that I know of) to get the 8.12 drivers installed :(.

I'm also using Windows 7 together with a x1950pro and I just used the 8.12 Vista drivers which works fine.

Have you tried getting the driver installer, then uninstalling the existing drivers, then installing with the 8.12 package? (As opposed to trying to install 8.12 before uninstalling the existing drivers.)

It should be possible to run windows even without drivers in the short meantime through using the regular plug-and-play. (Even though it does deserve it's moniker "plug-and-pray"... :P )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 5 months later...