Some WIP sneak peaks from ED

Only a very little suggestion: Graphics could be much better with a finer noise ground texture, just like FS2004 do. Very little fps cost but it improves graphics at zero-feet level a lot!

Is there any prevision to implement effect of grass and bushes in air-to-ground detection? (For players, ground units hidden in large bushes not to be visible in Shkval EO sensor, for example)

Regards!!

• ED Team

Looking very good, even at this early stage! ;)

And i still see people asking questions regarding fps..

But guys, seriously, it's the year 2009, and we will probably see DCS: A-10C in 2010 sometime (guessing). Graphics are getting better everywhere, and the expensive hardware today will be quite cheap next year..

So don't worry about it. :)

But the question is will it run with decent FPS on this years high end hardware or will you need next years high end hardware which will be expensive.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Don't worry Lego, you can still re-install F-29 Retaliator - maybe graphics fit better with you ;) (and FPS are great!)

Great pictures anyway :thumbup:

Regards!!

And you can continue playing with SB Pro PE with 2D soldiers :P, you FPS go good.

Seras marica, que me ingles es malo para meterte puyas en publico, te voy a poner dos velas negras :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

• ED Team
But the question is will it run with decent FPS on this years high end hardware or will you need next years high end hardware which will be expensive.

I'm sure i will answer this question over the next few months.... ;)

I'm sure i will answer this question over the next few months.... ;)

Listen YOU! These subtle hints regarding your......MUCH anticipated DCS A-10 MOVIE need to STOP!

YES STOP!

no i'm just kidding please don't stop....and please never stop making teaser video's lol!

:)

-1 :mad:

I feel really bad, the grass in the simulator is good for nothing, just to annoy.

- First, the grass always very low FPS.

- Second, the grass is just drawn to a few meters from us, this means that only when we are about 10 meters or less above the ground, we see the grass, and a maximum distance of about 10 or 20 meters. Also do not see the optical systems.

If the grass in Armed Assault, is more annoying than useful, Imagine in air simulator, which fly so high and so fast that we give a shit, but still be lower FPS.

I am very unhappy with this, and not alone, and Rof and Bob also announced that it would.

Relax man just disable the grass. It looks awesome to me. More realistic.

Edited by connos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

no i'm just kidding please don't stop....and please never stop making teaser video's lol!

:)

My Ex-girlfriend said that to me a few times :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Relax man just disable the grass. It looks awesome to me. More realistic.

I relaxed, only i say destine time and resources for grass dislike me. For me grass in air simulator is unnecessary, you only view grass at 10-20meters, no view grass in Shkval or others MFD/TV, but PC use resources for grass, in resumen, grass no affect gameplay, no affect fly, no affect weapons, only is visual addon for 10-20m altitud/distance.

I would prefer that time and job is spent on developing other things such as collidable trees for aircraft and for line of vision, Improved infantry, better comunications (ATC, other flights,...), dynamic campaign, etc...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

I relaxed, only i say destine time and resources for grass dislike me. For me grass in air simulator is unnecessary, you only view grass at 10-20meters, no view grass in Shkval or others MFD/TV, but PC use resources for grass, in resumen, grass no affect gameplay, no affect fly, no affect weapons, only is visual addon for 10-20m altitud/distance.

I would prefer that time and job is spent on developing other things such as collidable trees for aircraft and for line of vision, Improved infantry, better comunications (ATC, other flights,...), dynamic campaign, etc...

You already know my opinion, we talked about that on the "Escuadron69", but TBH grass and bushes can be done using actual ED trees technology (at the end, bushes are little trees, aren't they?), maybe modifying some visualisation parameters but that is all. I don't think ED have spent so much effort in implement grass, practically all ingredients are in the saucepan, all that they have to do is switch the stove on and wait to boil.:)

Regards!!

For me grass in air simulator is unnecessary, you only view grass at 10-20meters, no view grass in Shkval or others MFD/TV, but PC use resources for grass, in resumen, grass no affect gameplay, no affect fly, no affect weapons, only is visual addon for 10-20m altitud/distance.

Just like textures have no affect...

Legolasindar, i don't know where your problem is, even trees can be turned off AFAIK, so i'm sure that the grass can be turned off with some lua setting as well.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I'm going to guess that a programmer would be assigned for those tasks, whereas an artist created this grass.

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble