Default Head position too far back

Is there a lua or similar file I can change to bring the default head position forward a notch? I can tap the zoom button, but then when I use it later and then hit reset, I'm too far away again.

Thanks.

I'm not sure how to reset the default position, but I am worried that you might be trying to get your "face" into a position where your situational awareness will suffer. I personally prefer being able to see HUD, Skhval, ABRIS and the analog instrumentation at the same time - makes for collecting information from them a simple matter of moving my eyes, as opposed to moving the entire view.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I have TIR, so situational awareness is not a big issue. :smilewink:

I found the relevant section, it's under Server.lua, and just fiddled with the eyepoint parameters for the KA-50 until the default is maybe 6 inches further forward.

I'm glad I downloaded Notepad++, I've already customised a few things such as icons.

If you have Freetrack you can move the view to where you want it and press the custom centre button, seems to be able to remember it too so you don't have to keep setting it all the time.

Is there a lua or similar file I can change to bring the default head position forward a notch? I can tap the zoom button, but then when I use it later and then hit reset, I'm too far away again.

Thanks.

Maybe you want to edit your FOV (field of view) - and not the head position.

You do this in the view.lua (\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Config\View)

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iKA_50] = {100.0, 200.0}

The first number is the max zoom and the second is the min.(i have changed the default.)