Cockpit View & Producer's Notes

Chops

I am unable to get the same cockpit views that Wags uses in his Producer's Notes. I don't get the same height in the cockpit, or am I able to tilt my view point or zoom in like he does. Also, I can't access the switches that are behind the Cyclic without moving it, which of course, moves my aircraft. Additionally, it looks like he is using Mouse View, but he is still able to click on switches in the cockpit.

Any suggestions on this?

Also regarding the Producer's Notes. They are helpful, however, Wags often refers to switches or knobs that he doesn't show in the video. This creates confusion. It would be more useful if he would actually show the switch or knob when he mentions one, and also use standard names for things. For example, in the Navigation Note, he refers to an Auto Pilot switch, which is actually called the Route Mode switch.

Hi

If you are having problems moving your view around these are the options available to you:

* You can change between moving your mouse marker (yellow crosshair) and moving the view with Left Alt + C. To get to the "bugged state" that most people enjoy, try pressing esc two times in a row - this should make it possible to move your mouse marker and view simultaneously.

* There is also a way to move your in-game head using the keypad, but unfortunately I've forgotten the key commands for this. Until someone fills us in, I bet you can find it in the key list.

* You can invest in some kind of head-tracking gear that allows you to move your REAL head and get corresponding head movement in the game. Most people do this by using something called TrackIR (shortened to "TIR") from Naturalpoint. I recommend that you check out their website to read more about it if you are unfamiliar with it. There are also two other options available if you want to do headtracking: FreeTrack and Cachya, sort of do-it-yourself (DIY) solutions.

A link to naturalpoints website with information about TrackIR: http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

Edited by Boulund

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Wags often refers to switches or knobs that he doesn't show in the video.

I know this isn't always the case, but sometimes he's referring to controls on the sticks, which aren't clickable (along with a few other things) :/

The in-game training things seem good at pointing everything out, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheap webcam + cheap 3 IR leds, one resistor and 9v battery + Free Track + one day to assemble the hardware and configurate the software = head tracking similar to expensive TrackIR4 for use in DCS:Black Shark.

And I have a lot of fun in the process of construction and configuration! The final result have similar performance of TrackIR, for a rellative "medium pace" simulator.

hold down your (clicking scroll wheel on the mouse) and move the mouse up down left right etc etc and the pilot's head will move.

to recenter the view to normal just hit the NUM pad "5"

easy done:thumbup:

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick