Jump to content

ED/RAZBAM Situation Info & Discussion


NineLine
Go to solution Solved by NineLine,

Recommended Posts

The main problem here for us, the people who want to just buy and play a video game about combat aircraft simulation, is that ED mixes a game with military grade contract stuff. We don't have anything to do with that stuff. Why we, the consumers of a game, also have to pay for a presumed IP infringement made by a 3rd party developer. If the contract said ED could held the money and not pay it was also saying I will hurt the community and I don't care. It should've been resolved in other way because this is not only between ED and Razbam, its also involving thousands of other people.

The business model of ED is not fine.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ED Team
24 minutes ago, Ignition said:

The main problem here for us, the people who want to just buy and play a video game about combat aircraft simulation, is that ED mixes a game with military grade contract stuff. We don't have anything to do with that stuff. Why we, the consumers of a game, also have to pay for a presumed IP infringement made by a 3rd party developer. If the contract said ED could held the money and not pay it was also saying I will hurt the community and I don't care. It should've been resolved in other way because this is not only between ED and Razbam, its also involving thousands of other people.

The business model of ED is not fine.

It's not as simple as this, nor do you have all the information. This very much impacts the health of DCS and we would not be taking any action if it didn't. So I understand the confusion and anger about all this, and I understand the frustration and the impact it is having on all our customers but our goal is to resolve this for the health of all involved. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, NineLine said:

It's not as simple as this, nor do you have all the information. This very much impacts the health of DCS and we would not be taking any action if it didn't. So I understand the confusion and anger about all this, and I understand the frustration and the impact it is having on all our customers but our goal is to resolve this for the health of all involved. 

So then you are saying that this alleged IP infringement from RB is rooted only in DCS, and has nothing to do with that of MCS, or ED's other ventures?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ED Team
19 minutes ago, JuiceIsLoose said:

So then you are saying that this alleged IP infringement from RB is rooted only in DCS, and has nothing to do with that of MCS, or ED's other ventures?

I am saying all we know is in the official announcements, anything else is noise. I know everyone wants to figure this out more than what they have been told, but rooting around in all the sludge on the internet and certain reddit pages will not lead to anything but more frustration. 

  • Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Ignition said:

The main problem here for us, the people who want to just buy and play a video game about combat aircraft simulation, is that ED mixes a game with military grade contract stuff. We don't have anything to do with that stuff. Why we, the consumers of a game, also have to pay for a presumed IP infringement made by a 3rd party developer. If the contract said ED could held the money and not pay it was also saying I will hurt the community and I don't care. It should've been resolved in other way because this is not only between ED and Razbam, its also involving thousands of other people.

The business model of ED is not fine.

We as consumers have been made to 'pay' because Razbam chose to cease support - if not for that, this wouldn't affect us regardless of the existence of other ED platforms. I agree this  dispute shouldn't affect consumers, but IMO this question should be directed to Razbam.

 

 

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ED Team
1 hour ago, Horns said:

We as consumers have been made to 'pay' because Razbam chose to cease support - if not for that, this wouldn't affect us regardless of the existence of other ED platforms. I agree this  dispute shouldn't affect consumers, but IMO this question should be directed to Razbam.

I want to be careful here, it is the responsibility of both RAZBAM and ED to solve this now, a lot of people are getting off on playing the blame game but we, both ED and RAZBAM owe it to the customers to get it solved. So it's ok to ask both of us. 

  • Like 4

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NineLine said:

I want to be careful here, it is the responsibility of both RAZBAM and ED to solve this now, a lot of people are getting off on playing the blame game but we, both ED and RAZBAM owe it to the customers to get it solved. So it's ok to ask both of us. 

Ok, point taken. Perhaps I should have said "this question should be directed to Razbam as well".

 

 

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, NineLine said:

I want to be careful here, it is the responsibility of both RAZBAM and ED to solve this now, a lot of people are getting off on playing the blame game but we, both ED and RAZBAM owe it to the customers to get it solved. So it's ok to ask both of us. 

Thank you, that is exactly the sentiment I want to hear.  I don’t know or really care what caused y’all to have a dispute or who is right or wrong. But us consumers definitely didn’t do anything wrong and we deserve better than the current situation.  I really hope both sides will put us first and suck up whatever issues you have in order to move forward 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NineLine said:

Thread cleaned again, once again some of you cannot help yourselves when it comes to wild speculation and conspiracy. Comment on official announcements and leave the other stuff out of this thread.

Well NineLine you should just close this thread. Since we are not going to get any official announcements, thus nothing really to comment on, is there?

I would say this dead horse has been flogged enough…


Edited by Pipe

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ED Team
1 hour ago, Pipe said:

Well NineLine you should just close this thread. Since we are not going to get any official announcements, thus nothing really to comment on, is there?

I would say this dead horse has been flogged enough…

 

There is still room for discussion, and I hope very much we will get some more official announcements. 

  • Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something I hope all of us can agree on...

A clarification from ED management, sooner rather than later, about;

Future support for each 3rd party product sold, in case the 3rd party can not, or will not continue support themselves. 

Can it be done? Will it be done?

All 3rd party products should be clearly marked as to future support on their store page.

If ED can't support other teams software, so be it.

Let's just be honest about it up front. 

Why? Because things were said after the Hawk died. 

Vague reassurances will no longer suffice, at least not for me.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Il 14/7/2024 at 19:24, NineLine ha scritto:

This very much impacts the health of DCS. 

I had asked for clarification on this statement. I don't think it's "speculation and conspiracy", it's a statement by ED's own people. However, my message was deleted with the last cleanup. Is it possible to have a comment on this? A simple "no" is acceptable as an answer, as long as it is shared and not covered up. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 24 Minuten schrieb nessuno0505:

I had asked for clarification on this statement. I don't think it's "speculation and conspiracy", it's a statement by ED's own people. However, my message was deleted with the last cleanup. Is it possible to have a comment on this? A simple "no" is acceptable as an answer, as long as it is shared and not covered up. Thank you.

Are you capable of learning? You will never get an unofficial verification here on the forum. This has been written so many times in this thread. So just write it off as stupid. By the way, I think the author wrote on the specific page to keep it there. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...