Meet and Greet

Welcome aboard! How do you like that Fighterstick? I've been thinking about that one.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Welcome aboard! How do you like that Fighterstick? I've been thinking about that one.

I had logitech 3d pro before( i still have it got to get rid of it) and it was really hard to control the aircraft. I noticed a BIG improvement in aircraft control with CH Fighterstick. I personally like it.

Just thought I'd say "Hi",

had A10C and KA-50 for a good while since one of the Steam sales (BS1 at the moment, missed the damn sale for the upgrade!!)

Never really had time to learn so far, have a X52 Pro (no pedals at the moments so using stick twist for anti-torque), might hook up a set of my driving pedals until I get something else.

Prefer helo's (would love to learn to fly one IRL, but alas no lottery win so far..) but like the jets as well. Just picked up a 2nd hand Ikea Jerker desk off ebay so now I've got enough space to put the HOTAS on the desk without pushing the keyboard out of reach etc! Time to start learning again!

Started with flight sims when I was about 12 on my first Spectrum 48K with "Fighter Pilot", then when Tomahawk came out I grabbed it and loved it.. (http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0005317)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys!

Just wanted to introduce myself.

Iv'e been into simulators since the Commodore 64 era when I got my hands on a great helicopter sim called "Gunship". I was no more than maybe ten and my english knowledge was non-existing. I remenber wondering what those dots I was firing at that was called enemy inf. really was. Found out years later that it meant infantry. Didn't matter really cause I didn't even know what infantry meant; if it said "guys with guns" I would have understood... Nevermind, it got me into loving flight simulators...

I bought DCS A-10 on the STEAM sale last year and flew it with my old Logitech Extreme trying to get the hang of it. I just recently installed DCS World.

Last week I was chosing between investing in a new Saitek X52Pro or a TrackIR5 and went with the latter, not regretting it one bit! The TIR gives the game a whole new life and I guess I can fly with my old Logitech a while more.

Im looking forward to test the multiplayer now... I just have to find someone to practice flying with.

See you around...

Foo out...

I don't know why people complain about this asbestos stuff...it don't smell so bad.

Welcome Foo_Fighter! I definitely remember the C-64 and Amiga days too! Fun times those were....

If you're looking for a place to fly with other pilots and not worry about getting shot down, try Virtual Aerobatics: http://virtual-aerobatics.com/forum/index.php

It's where I fly most of the time and the guys over there are fairly nice to get along with. They also have a TeamSpeak server that comes in real handy if you want to learn to fly formations.

Edited by sslechta
Typo

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm new here as well. I'm brand new to the DCS World. I don't have much of Sim experience at all. So I'm starting from ground zero. I just picked up the Huey Beta this past weekend. I'm using an old Saitek X45 HOTAS that a friend gave me when he upgraded. I have an old PS3Eye that I'm going to hook up to my PC and then see if I can get FaceTrackNoIR to work. anyways, wish me luck!

Tom

Hey everyone!

My name is Slade, I've played around with DCS A10 and Black Shark 1 for ages. This evening, I saw a stunning vid with FC3, (

) and knew I had to get into this again. I spent $170, and got every single other module I dont have (expect CA, still need more info on it) and messed around with all of them for a while, and I am NOT disappointed. However, you guys aren't really here to listen to my life story, but I did want to mention that I am very intereted in getting into the community, and hope to be accepted pretty quickly.

Due to my sim addiction, I've never really made too many other friends who gamed the same way I did... actually, I've never met a single person who likes to game like me. But it seems like there are some people here who REALLY share my taste. I've been playing ArmA since OFP in 2001. I currently play ArmA 2 with ShackTac, and really look forward to playing with some of you guys once I get better at the sim. :joystick:

Either way, look forward to speaking with you all, and see you on the field!

Take a look at our in-depth DCS A10C tutorials

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

TUTORIALS TO RETURN "VERY SOON"

Ello!, My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father... prepare to die.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

1 v 1 me bro. You get the P51, and I get the F-15 with a 5 min head start... ;)

Take a look at our in-depth DCS A10C tutorials

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

TUTORIALS TO RETURN "VERY SOON"

• 2 months later...

Meet and Greet

Greetings all. I am Eagle 44, that was my actual call in the military btw. I have been an avid LO fan for a number of years and getting to know and enjoy now all the DCS sims as well. I look forward to posting more in the future.

Eagle44

:pilotfly:

If the chips are down, the buffalo is empty

Welcome to the Forums.

I´d like to introduce you into the ED Wiki.

It provides a lot of usefull information that might interest and help you in the first place.

These are the importants pages you should know if it comes to certain questions:

The modules root page (as I call it :) )

this page will lead you to all the currently available modules and provides deeper information.

As you have the A-10C as primary module, I´d like you to suggest a quite important wiki page for this Bird.

It contains lots of the important information gatherd and listed in one page.

The A-10C Guides, Tutorials and Reference Documents page.

With this information you´ve enough to do for the moment, if questions appear nonetheless, feel free to ask your questions in the proper forums.

Additional Information:

Please dont wonder why the wiki seems not to be up to date. This is due to a spam issue that leads to a temporary editing stop for all registered members. But I´ll continue as soon editing access is granted again.

have fun

regards

Memphis

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Welcome and hope you enjoy it!

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

I'd just Like to Sing Welcome....

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Welcome! Good to see that there are people finding DCS via steam who want to seriously get involved with this wonderfull flightsim platform.

(Instead of people who only want to blow up stuff and ask question's like: "How do I take off?")

'Frett'

• 1 month later...

hey folks, Bob here. Canadian, left coast, B.C. and the stories are true :music_whistling:

Never ventured into multiplayer 'cause if I've learned anything in the last 2 years with my hawg... it's that I am the single most dangerous thing out there to me :cry:... but I love it!

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

• 2 months later...
Guest Glamdring

Hi Guys,

I'm Chris from sunny Scotland. Long time simmer but pretty new to DCS. Santa hopefully bringing me a Thrustmaster Warthog for crimbo so will be game on from then :)

• ED Team
Hi Guys,

I'm Chris from sunny Scotland. Long time simmer but pretty new to DCS. Santa hopefully bringing me a Thrustmaster Warthog for crimbo so will be game on from then :)

welcome to the forums and DCS :thumbup:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi Guys,

Welcome to this wonderful of DCS. You are just in time! Things are getting ready to ramp up around here. :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals