Meet and Greet

My Greetings & Best wishes to all the forum

Good Hello,

first of all, thanks for let me join to this top of the art Simulator.

This is the heaven in earth, the Dream every virtual pilot has been dreaming of.

I,m 58yr already and although i have been involved my whole life with anything that could fly, this is my pretty first time i will try to get online with others mates, - once again thanks for this Awesome SIMULATOR.

best regards

Car

Hi everybody,

I'm 47 years old, from Paris.

I started to flightsim with Hornet 2.0 for the Macintosh.

That was 22 years ago, in 1995.

Since then MS Flight Simulator was my main sim until 2014 when I started DCS.

I've flown a couple of years on Condor The Competition Soaring Simulator.

Now I'm waiting patiently for the F/A-18C Hornet.

That would allow me to link back to the origin to speak so.

I had a lot of fun with Hornet 2.0 and I still like the cockpit.

attachment.php?attachmentid=171797&stc=1&d=1510080531

hornet2-0.png.6f378dd49e3ac1ea59506db3d21ff834.png

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Im Tom Christensen aka. EPO, im 30 years of age and coming from Denmark. new to the world of Aviation and sim. I tried this out for about a week ago. And after a few hours I ordered a HOTAS A10-C Replica, Rudders and TrackIR just to get started on this game. It has taken me by storm.

Im yet very new in DCS and still getting down the basics in most cases. But I am trying and getting to know the community and finding a few people who had given me pointers and advice. I am looking for someone who might want to fly a few hours with me, taking me under thier wing if they like.

Im still afraid of going online to play against other players due to im afraid I mess up the game for someone by not doing it good enough, not knowing everything if needed. So I play mostly by myself and its never boring, but I am looking forward for me to join the front lines in multiplayer and not making a complete fool of myself.

So here I am, newcomer and mind blown by this amazing game and the knowledge poored into this titel. Hope to see you in the skies at some point :)

Just a side note, Im coming from Iracing and there you could get a small X on your car showing your a newcomer :P does this work in DCS :P

Im still afraid of going online to play against other players due to im afraid I mess up the game for someone by not doing it good enough, not knowing everything if needed.

I was kind of in the same boat, I don't usually join MP servers I know nothing about, but whenever I tried, there was a very warm welcome. There are also many great groups and communities open to new players, ranging all the way from casual to full-real (as far as is practical within the confines of online communities, obviously), and many great test, fun and free-flight servers that are very forgiving unless you intently do bad things, like team-kill (several times in a row), or use weapons on strictly aerobatic servers.

Joining a group of like-minded DCS enthusiasts definitely changed my experience, from almost exclusively SP to almost exclusively MP, and I'm sure you'll find many great people all over the place. :thumbup:

Welcome EPO.

I am sure there are some unfriendly types on MP servers. However, the folks in this community are, generally, very forgiving of those that are new to the sim.

I rarely fly MP but I have fond memories of a gentleman from Germany that took the time to fly with me, my first time online, and put up with my ineptitude.

I am sure you will find some great people to fly with.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am BiriBiri from Belgium (33 years old), and just starting with DCS. I have as a kid a lot of experience with FS (1995-2003), but stopped with it when i went to high school.

I have an MSI Gaming Laptop with i7 5700HQ CPU 2.7GHZ 8GB RAM (Geforce 940M). Thrustmaster T16000M Pack (stick, throttle + paddels), therefore only playing 1.5.8 DCS (installed the 2.5, and was beatifull but to long loading times and some crashes), planning first to learn the SU25T, if still okay i will buy new PC and probably FC3 pack, around the summer.

I'm starting out with DCS because i'm now an instructor in the Netherlands and therefore enough time to game during the evenings.

Was searching for a good game and i think with DCS i found it, IRL i'm a Assistant Air Defence Officer on a Belgian Frigatte (also Helicoper/Air Controller).

Grts

PS: will edit avatar and profile soon

Edited by BiriBiri

Hello all,

I am BiriBiri from Belgium (33 years old), and just starting with DCS. I have as a kid a lot of experience with FS (1995-2003), but stopped with it when i went to high school.

I have an MSI Gaming Laptop with i7 5700HQ CPU 2.7GHZ 8GB RAM (Geforce 940M). Thrustmaster T16000M Pack (stick, throttle + paddels), therefore only playing 1.5.8 DCS (installed the 2.5, and was beatifull but to long loading times and some crashes), planning first to learn the SU25T, if still okay i will buy new PC and probably FC3 pack, around the summer.

I'm starting out with DCS because i'm now an instructor in the Netherlands and therefore enough time to game during the evenings.

Was searching for a good game and i think with DCS i found it, IRL i'm a Assistant Air Defence Officer on a Belgian Frigatte (also Helicoper/Air Controller).

Grts

PS: will edit avatar and profile soon

Welcome!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

• 2 months later...

Hello to Everyone!

I am new here on the forum, and also fairly new to DCS. I have had it installed for a couple years but only really got interested enough to invest some serious time learning it in the past couple of months. I am glad that I did, and really happy to see the recent updates and fixes. This thing is amazing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

Welcome Darryl. I remember my first flight and I was stunned. If you try it in VR you will be amazed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hello!

Greetings, package elements,

First off: please don't confuse me with any "real" Omega, who is probably an actual pilot or something. I am more like the fatty acid found in fish oil, although not as good for your nervous system I'm sure.

At the time of writing, I am flying the Mac versions of the venerable Hornet 3.0 and Falcon 4.0 on OS 9.2.somethingorother. Yes, on a machine that was built at the end of the last century. Good thing you get to turn 50 at least once, and can buy that stupid-expensive new VR desktop & Rift, HOTAS, fancy chair, etc. setup for one purpose - and one purpose only...

So anyway, GIANT thanks to all of you that have already made most of the mistakes AND those that have done the troubleshooting and fixes to sort them out. I lift this glass to you all for helping to make the Dream come true! I look forward to flying with you all, if I ever learn how to do it... ;)

Smooth air and happy skies!

Win10, MSI Z370, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080Ti, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift

Yes, you can feel the sun on your skin... over Vegas with mirrors on. (PD1.8, MSAA 2X)

So anyway, GIANT thanks to all of you that have already made most of the mistakes AND those that have done the troubleshooting and fixes to sort them out.

You really are new to DCS, aren't you? :D

Anyway, welcome, and I'm pretty sure we've left some bugs for you to find, and some mistakes to be made. :smartass:

Yessir, very new!

FA-18C releases next week, right?

:megalol:

Win10, MSI Z370, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080Ti, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift

Yes, you can feel the sun on your skin... over Vegas with mirrors on. (PD1.8, MSAA 2X)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

George here! I hope I can get things needed so I can be apart of the DCS community! My computer is not the best for playing DCS, so I'll have to be patient! Hopefully I'll get the MIG-21 (my favorite of all), the F-18 (second favorite), TF-51 Mustang, MIG-15, and most of all, the AV-8B Harrier II! mig21bis-opening.png

26233727_10159907914355341_2776148589156323675_o.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by Aviator_George
image appearing error

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't click the spoiler

I don't:Have DCSAnd any components needed to run DCS on a computer. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everybody! My name's Kujo, and I've been playing DCS since around June time. I'm a huge enthusiast in aerobatics, both in the virtual and real life realms. Looking forward to socializing and opening up to more of you in the future, and seeing what this simulator, and it's community, still has to offer!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Never quit. Never give up. Fly it to the end."

- Chuck Aaron

• 2 months later...

Hello, my name is Mandulis. I have always had a love for fighter planes and DCS makes my dream come true, virtually. I live in Atlanta, Georgia and I am 29 years old. I would love to meet some fellow pilots and pilotettes to fly with and take me under their wing. Feel free to shoot me a message. Im glad to be on this journey and Im in it for the long run. I have DCS on Steam, btw.

Mandulis, over and out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

After a break for nearly 6 years it was time to restart my flightsimming career and I decided to build a new system - it was the first one I did by my own and after some smaller issues it‘s live and running. Now I‘m just trying to figure out how to get used to DCS.

My military aviation simulation career started with Microprose‘s Fleet Defender (anyone here remembering this one?) and ended with Jane‘s Longbow 2. After that I changed to civilian sims like Microsfts FS series and X-plane. Now the fever is back and I‘m trying to master take off and landing in DCS.

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

Hi, I am 29 years old Tiramisu.

My flight sim career started with the Microsoft Combat Flightsimulator 3 when I was around 15 years old.

Many years later I have bought FSX and it was fun playing all the different missions. This was the time I was getting into flight simulators more seriously.

Later I have bought Xplane 10 and 11 along with the highly detailled and expensive model of the 767.

After flying civil airplanes I started to play combat simulators again. First I tried IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad, which gave me some thrilling and heartbeat moments, because of those realistically looking and close dog fights.

A few months after playing IL-2 I started to look after DCS and my interest in it grew bigger because of the great graphics since patch 2.5. Of course realism is also very important to me. So when I saw the F18 Hornet in a bundle sale together with the persian map and the SU-33 for almost 80€ I thought that it is a good time to get into DCS and I did not regret it. :thumbup:

Edited by Tiramisu

Hello Guys,

My name's Chris, I'm from Belgium and I live near Brussels.

I have 49 years old and I am in the Army (Land Forces) since 1989.

I started flight simulation with Lock On : FC, SU-25T, A-10A) more than 10 years ago.

With DCS I started with the Ka-50 and then the A-10C. I also enjoyed to fly with the MIG-21. I am now back to the Ka-50.

I am waiting since months and months the release of the Mi-24 Hind.

Since the first module of DCS (Ka-50), I hope to see the release of the Mi-24. For me the most beautiful rotary wing in the world.

I waited so long for the release of the Ka-50 that I decided to follow a real helicopter pilot lessons and after 6 months of formation I received my Private Pilote Licence - Helicopter (PPLH) on Robinson 22.

At home I built a KA-50 simpit and I am now thinking to build another one after the possible release of the Hind !

P1070238.thumb.JPG.900f89599d2f03edd4b5994cceb33d60.JPG

IMG_5328.JPG.697ff2834660503b30ec80018123d0b4.JPG

OO-JYD.thumb.JPG.e949b1939c183bec69d6b64b03cc1bea.JPG

Edited by Razorback

Hey guys, I guess I'm one of the old ones now, 54 years old, still hard to believe. I live in McQueeney Texas.

I started sims when I was stationed in England at RAF Upper Heyford in 1988, bought a Commodore Amiga for around $500 and upgraded RAM to a full megabyte for another $150! I played games with friends by connecting our computers with a cord, games like Flight of the Intruder by Spectrum HoloByte. I tried the early VR headsets they had on display in London around 1990 and always dreamed of having a VR headset of my own, but I did not know it would take so many years. They were actually run with Amiga computers back then. Later when I got back to the states I got into dueling over the phone lines with Fighter Duel Corsair vs. Zero by Jaeger Software, that was in 1992.

Anyway, I have always loved anything that flies, so I am into RC models as well. Recently I built a simulator withe the Thrustmaster Warthog controls and have been messing around with DCS for a few years now.

I've uploaded some pictures of my RC planes for those that may find it interesting, first one is my all balsa F9F2 Panther with 72" wing. K80 Turbine

Next is my 98" long F-18F powered by a Kingtech 180 turbine.

My all balsa 1/4 scale and over 14' long F-104 Starfighter, with Kingtech K260 for power, still needs paint.

Yellow Aircraft Models F-15c powered with a Kingtech K120 turbine. Some of my WWII models in background.

And my F-4E powered with a K120 turbine.

I have many others, but you can see my passion! I would live it if DCS had the Panther!

Panther2.thumb.jpg.c4c0f71edbda7dbba27baa7a3b2e99d6.jpg

DSC00154.thumb.JPG.e6c2a898a34a9de6fd2f1bb78075b80f.JPG

1-4ScaleF-104.jpg.59f8e9fab162bcf9680bdd6d94c6b9ec.jpg

0314181548a_Burst01.thumb.jpg.40d31e860b5beb388dd694954653660b.jpg

0409180837.thumb.jpg.8907290f0c6864e28cfa6b60a60d570f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm HondaShadow600 and I love playing flight sims and riding my motorcycle. I started out playing Ace Combat and Flight Simulator 2002 before discovering Lock On. I hope to build a new computer and get more serious with new modules that the developers are coming out with for DCS :)

27710496_10214306927694354_11102043_o.thumb.jpg.b3a1a059ad7b0b524e752afccfca4e5f.jpg

Growler.jpg.4ee34185c7c6451c97b3273482d4a91a.jpg

Edited by HondaShadow600