Meet and Greet

Hi gigem, don't overthink it. Just join some squad. Many of them enjoy teaching new members. Of course the more practice you get before the better but don't wait for some level to achieve before entering MP. Enjoy the journey.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Rogue Warrior here. I am a former Army Infantry soldier, a current Physical Therapist and current PhD student working on Dissertation (3rd year out of 4). I'm also a grown ass man, I'm 40 (Mike Gundy reference for those that don't get it).

I don't have time for this and need to be writing but I cannot resist! I am looking to work in with a group and learn the ropes.

If anyone is willing to take in a noob, please let me know!

Hello everyone, I'm Halfast.

I'm new to DCS and trying hard to get a grip. It's extremely fascinating and overwhelming at the same time.

I started with the P-51, then a bit SU-25T and last week I started learning the Viper. It's an amazing experience but

I do lack the company. I'd love someone to fly with, maybe in a mentor role. Also, a friendly squadron to join would be amazing.

If anyone feels like teaching a noob in the Viper a lesson or two I would definitely appriciate it. I mainly struggle with the ICP, DED and the MFDs. Using the different modes etc. I'll manage to startup, takeoff and, most of the time, land the aircraft :).

Cheers

Halfast

I started with the P-51, then a bit SU-25T and last week I started learning the Viper. It's an amazing experience but

I do lack the company. I'd love someone to fly with, maybe in a mentor role. Also, a friendly squadron to join would be amazing.

If anyone feels like teaching a noob in the Viper a lesson or two I would definitely appriciate it. I mainly struggle with the ICP, DED and the MFDs. Using the different modes etc. I'll manage to startup, takeoff and, most of the time, land the aircraft :).

Welcome Halfast,

You can start with guides here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/dcs-world-tutorial-training-range/guides-tutorials/module-specific-tutorials/dcs-f-16c-viper-tutorials

Chucks guide: DCS F-16C Viper

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13n...OAwqr98JWthGw7

then browse the squadron to match your needs:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/dcs-world-tutorial-training-range/new-user-briefing-room/squadron-recruiting

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Finally ready for DCS, I had bought Flaming Cliffs 3 on sale some years ago, and not I am ready to fly.

Started with the A-10A, but not much luck, so bought the new A-10C Tank Killer, and the F/A-18 for good measure.

Also plays civil FS, so I know about the basics. And some skydive experience (500+ jumps).

PC: i7-10700k, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon 5600XT, 27" FullHD monitor, T16000M, VKB T-Rudder.

DCS Modules: A10C Tank Killer II, F/A-18, FCS 3, Persian Gulf

Profile Photo by: Clemens Vasters 

Well after a long hiatus from Flight Sim-ing and seeing how well developed the Christen Eagle is (I own full scale Super Eagle 540) I decided to buy a gaming computer and jump back in......I fly for a Major Airline and have had a lot of time off the last 8 months so why not?

My long deceased father a retired NWA 747 Capt nicknamed "TARMACK" was famous in the 90's and early mid 2000's for his work on FS. Curious if any of the old timers recall that name? Shamless plug for spoon feeding help!

Other than that I like long walks on the beach with exotic woman from Brazil, and my lab puppy Jake "Yayo". Full time Professional Pilot, Aircraft Owner, and Large Scale R/C Aircraft including turbines and EDFS.

Otter r. (somebody stole my callsign so I added an extra R )

Hello Everyone!

I am a 37 year old life long aviation nerd who is new to DCS, and thought I would introduce myself. I grew up playing flights sims like Falcon 3.0, SWOTL, US Navy Fighters, and latter on Falcon 4.0 (although I never really mastered it outside of "Game Mode"). Once I got into High School, I drifted away from sims, but now, years latter, I have recently found the urge to get back into them, and the complexity and realism of DCS immediately drove me to it.

Outside of my childhood flights sims, about an hour behind the stick of a piper archer, and a year or two of fixed wing RC flying about a decade ago, I have no actual flight experience.

I started out with DCS with the F-86 module. I had no idea what I was doing when I got started, so I picked my first module based off of what plane I liked. I went all out, buying a Warthog HOTAS, thrustmaster pedals, and a Rift S VR headset. I have about 10 hours into DCS now, and I am hooked! I have gotten to the point where take off the F-86 and pretty consonantly get it back onto the ground in one piece, and am starting to learn Air to Air fighting. I scored my first AI Mig Kill last night playing the "Hunter Becomes the Hunted" Mission, and am hoping to start learning navigation over the Thanksgiving Holiday.

I plan on picking up either the F-18 or F-16 Modules whenever the STEAM sale starts, although I have still not made up my mind on what I am going to go with. Might just end up buying them both and trying them out before I decide what module to learn first.

Looking forward to flying with everyone in multiplayer once I figure out what I am doing!

Well after a long hiatus from Flight Sim-ing and seeing how well developed the Christen Eagle is (I own full scale Super Eagle 540) I decided to buy a gaming computer and jump back in......I fly for a Major Airline and have had a lot of time off the last 8 months so why not?

My long deceased father a retired NWA 747 Capt nicknamed "TARMACK" was famous in the 90's and early mid 2000's for his work on FS. Curious if any of the old timers recall that name? Shamless plug for spoon feeding help!

Other than that I like long walks on the beach with exotic woman from Brazil, and my lab puppy Jake "Yayo". Full time Professional Pilot, Aircraft Owner, and Large Scale R/C Aircraft including turbines and EDFS.

Otter r. (somebody stole my callsign so I added an extra R )

​Good evening Otter with additional R,

Just reading in the forum I came across your comment. Your hobbies are appealing, but seriously take care to not ruffle your woman's feathers keeping yourself busy with DCS too much ... ;-)

I hope you will enjoy DCS, flying MP (multiplayer) and meeting various "aeronautics addicts" here.

Bye for now

Fastbreak

• Like 1

System Components

Power supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W 80Plus Platinum <> Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming  <> Processor: Ryzen 5 5600x <> Cooler: DeepCool Gammaxx C40 <> RAM: 2x16GB HyperX Predator 3600Mhz <> SSD: 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe M.2 (Raid 0) <> HD: 2TB Seagate BarraCuda <> Graphics card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11G Gaming <> Head tracking: TrackIR4 Pro <> dunTrackR <> Monitors: Philips bdm4065uc 40" 4K 3840x2160  (Camera) <> 2x IBM 15" 1024x768 (LMFCD & RMFCD)

Cockpit: self-construction <> Controls: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog (extension for cyclic & collective control) <> Thrustmaster Rudder Control System <> Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium <> Logitech Z-560 THX Sound System

"...Runways are for beauty queens!"

Hi all,

I love anything to do with military aviation especially WW2, real flying and flight sims. I have flown a Tr9 Spitfire PV202 out of Duxford a few times. I'm only just back into flight sims, and look forward to chatting and flying with you all.

Tally ho,

Doc62

• Like 1

Hello all,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Kya, I absolutely love anything aviation related...particularly fast jets! I've been attending air shows with my Dad since the age of 6 & I aspire to be a pilot. I've had a couple of flying lessons in the real world but have recently embarked on the task of learning the ropes of DCS World. I've just taken delivery of my HP Reverb G2 & I'm taking baby steps towards learning the many controls of the F-18! Looking to make some friends whilst on this journey of flying in the world of VR

Another huge passion in my life is for cars, particularly for my Honda CR-Z! Attending car shows with her has become one of my favourite pastimes, not to mention the painstaking hours that go into detailing her in preparation.

Looking forward to getting better acquainted with you all!

Kya

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 9:06 PM, draconus said:

Find a *Good* squad that suits your play style.  too many squadrons out there either playing at military or stuck in their own little click.  chances are if the first one you find doesnt suit you its not you that is the problem.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Hello. New to DCSWorld, in fact new to flight sims all around. Me and my father were puttin together a model F-16 during virtual visits. Ya know he is retired and older and in the age of covid he is home bound and aint got much to do. Thought it was a nice thing to help him spend some of his days with someone other than himself.

Anyway I got curious about the jet and while looking up general information on it, I found some thread on reddit discussing its use in DCSworld and thought "Hey, why not"

I haven't bought the F16 yet, I don't have a stick, so I'm seeing how quick I learn using the su-25 and they keyboard.

Anyway, very happy with the sim so far though. And I'm always happy to meet new people so.

• Like 1

Hello boys my name is George im living in Greece in real life im an ichthyologist !!!!

on my free time im making cinematics or videos for DCS ...WHICH I LOVE!!!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

It's on. Sixgun here, old dude flight simmer and general wing nut. My favorite color is blue and I love chocolate chip cookies. I go back to Falcon on 3.5"s. Been working on the Hornet since March-ish, but only have so much time (that whole real life/family business). Would like to try joining a virtual VFA or VMFA squadron.

Cheers!

Edited by Sixgun_101
punctuation!

"No kill like a GUNS kill"

hello guys, about me.. stroke survivor aced f19 god that game was ahead of its time. old wingnut have some xp flying real planes cessna 152 and 172 landing experience. mooney 231 my step dads he died age 41 from asthma attack but anyway have several hours flying xp never landed the mooney but take off xp and freeflight xp in it. moved to Dhahran Saudi Arabia when i was ten. 1981 lived there 3.5 yrs F16 and F15 all day every day we lived at one end of runway. 747s in and out of there all the time. ill never forget it. one day me and a friend saw a pair of F16s do a low transition burners blazing we were sorta higher than the runway When those bad boys roared over head i swear i was looking down the air intake till they cleared terrain. incredible sound hurt our ears but i wasnt about to cover mine my friend did tho. saw what i believe was a mig21 (presumed from Iran) fly right over our house hauling ass toward the gulf. recon mig? i was laying out of school that day lol anyway a few seconds later 2 F15 armed to the teeth in hot pursuit wicked man! stepdad died 3 days before we were due back from repat (vacation) we had the orient express on our itenerary sadly never went back. ive been around the world east bound. my mom and i got invited to the cockpit of Cathay Pacific L-1011 super tristar for landing in Hong Kong God i have so many stories about those years. best years of my life. yearned to be a fighter pilot sadly never happened. Oh God im crying (stroke survivor side effect emotions all to hell)..... i think iive said enough.. 

Edited by IC333
puctuation lol whats that?

Hello, I have been into flight simulators since the early days. I am a 60 year old retired CIO. I have been into PC games since Zork :). I had a quick question I own the Steam version of DCS but notice some aircraft will not work under that version. Should I scrap the steam version and just download the DCS version directly. Thank you for this forum. It will be nice to get back into a great flight sim while I have so much free time. 🙂

Edited by jmburnzy

7 hours ago, jmburnzy said:

I had a quick question I own the Steam version of DCS but notice some aircraft will not work under that version.

What aircraft does not work for you? Have you bought it on Steam?