Meet and Greet

Hello from Lake City, Michigan, USA.    Very interesting to read all of your comments on this page.  

I see that Overdose1 above has done the training exercises with the SU25T.  Good to hear about that.  I have not tried the SU25T yet.  Basically I've been trying to learn the TF-51D.  Have about 35 hours on the TF-51D so far, and am getting the hang of it.  At first I always overshot the entire runway trying to land because I didn't know the difference between the RPM and the throttle.  So this has been a great learning experience for me.  I like being able to control all of the switches, knobs, and levers in the cockpit.  Makes it seem more real for me.  I got the Mission Editor figured out enough to plan flights from one airport to another, and am even making good landings on a fairly regular basis.  My age is 74. My wife and I got our covid shots a few weeks ago.  Have not been away from home over night for over a year, so we're looking forward to getting out a little bit if the virus continues to control itself.  To all of you on this page - stay healthy, and will be looking for you on the forum down the road.

• Like 5

Hello from Lake City, Michigan, USA.    Very interesting to read all of your comments on this page.  
I see that Overdose1 above has done the training exercises with the SU25T.  Good to hear about that.  I have not tried the SU25T yet.  Basically I've been trying to learn the TF-51D.  Have about 35 hours on the TF-51D so far, and am getting the hang of it.  At first I always overshot the entire runway trying to land because I didn't know the difference between the RPM and the throttle.  So this has been a great learning experience for me.  I like being able to control all of the switches, knobs, and levers in the cockpit.  Makes it seem more real for me.  I got the Mission Editor figured out enough to plan flights from one airport to another, and am even making good landings on a fairly regular basis.  My age is 74. My wife and I got our covid shots a few weeks ago.  Have not been away from home over night for over a year, so we're looking forward to getting out a little bit if the virus continues to control itself.  To all of you on this page - stay healthy, and will be looking for you on the forum down the road.
Welcome! You're in for a treat!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Hi, Tony here. 45 years old and have always been fascinated with fighters and aviation in general. Like many I was never smart enough to do it for real so I became a firemen lol! At any rate, I'm just getting into DCS and the Hornet and am looking forward to this very steep learning curve! Advice is certainly welcome!!!! Cheers! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Newish to the game, 62 years young, UK based and raring to go. just trying it out at the moment with a view to purchasing the flaming cliffs 3 module to get started.

have fun

and stay safe

Edited by 1959Bolton
  • Like 4

Hey everyone!!  Iam a newbie here . finally got comp  a rig that can handle great sims like DCS. I am former Us Navy Aviation mechanic I worked on  the E2C with VAW 114 . I saw f14 just about everyday do case 1 one landings . I worked on the flight deck of The USS Kitty Hawk  and The USS Carl Vinson . Of course I had to buy the Tomcat for   my first aircraft, With VF51 and VF111 livery .. I am learning to fly this beast and loving it . I would like to go online with other virtual first timers and do some dogfighting -- hit me up lets do it 

• Like 5

Hey all. Been a regular visitor for a few years, recently retired pro rifleman, 2001 until Nov last year, I can finally put the hours into DCS. Took a lot of the guides with me over the years, started with a copy of LOMAC but haven’t had the time until now. This isn’t an acceptance speech so I won’t rattle off a list of names but the community and the content creators here have made getting set up to fly amazingly easy. I will say thanks to Chuck for his guides though, required reading in my opinion. Starting off in FC3 for familiarity then will probably progress through the F5E, I also have the super carrier and some navy birds with a view to enjoying some WW2 campaigns as I get my feet. Viacom pro and HeatBlur have made this sim even more appealing to me. Also I plan on flying this with my son so I can RIO him as he gets more familiar as well. He’s had the fortune to have a grandad and our neighbour introduce him to flying from 10 years old so I think the bug has bitten him and I’d prefer he look forward to that as a career choice over mine. So does the bride, ha! This sim has progressed since getting my attention as far back as 2006, and now being nothing more than a school time taxi I can finally invest in it at my own pace. Cheers, WUG.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello to everyone,

My name Is Martin, and I am very glad to join the DCS World community. Have been flying PC flight sims since 1986 with subLOGIC Jet 1.0, and practically everything in between since then - so therefor perhaps the most experienced DCS newbie here in a long time !

Looking forward to learning and sharing the skies with you all, and to the experience of blowing each other's wings off at 40,000 ft in the spirit of competitive good fellowship.

With kind regards.

• Like 2

"Probably the world's most experienced DCS newbie - flying PC flight simulators since 1986 !"

PC Rig - Black Box - Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB DDR4, 500GB WD SSD, EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC - all of which is well cooled !
DCS World 2.7, FC3 (Of course), F-16C

Plus many other sims from subLOGIC Jet 1.0 -> DCS and almost everything in between.

"Blowing a friend's wing off at 40,000 ft shows you care"

Hello everyone!

After months of watching videos about his awesome sim on Youtube, I pulled the plug and got some needed things to enjoy it for myself.  

Now I don't know if flying around in DCS in VR will ever get boring, but it sure isn't today!  What an amazing experience.  I am a former Carrier sailor, and to be able to actually be in the F-14 cockpit on the Super Carrier mod, really brought me back.  It was almost enough to choke you up.  Could not get the smile off my face.  Then I sat in the 18 and could not stop looking at the environment.  Two great birds to start.

Which brings me to my next point.  VR is expensive.  I'm not talking about the entry price.  Like going to the movies, getting your ticket to get in is the cheapest part.  I couldn't help but wonder wha it looked like to sit in an F-16 too!  Then the F-15!  Is the Hog as ugly as people say?  Not from the inside.  Lol.  I'll bet the view is better in the Persian Gulf.  Spent a lot of time there doing Southern Watch in my youth!  Then I had the urge to buzz the Vegas Strip.  Now I have Nevada.  Thank god for the sales right now.  Lol.

Having played flight sims since the days of F-119 stealth fighter, I am just in awe of what it has evolved into.  Very grateful to the team at ED.

Warthog HOTAS arrives tomorrow.  Then the real flying starts.  Been having a blast with the VR touch controls though.  

Can't wait to continue the journey with all of you,  Fight on and fight hard!

Edited by WaWa74
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone, this is Bill -codename salaxi54 from Athens Greece. A sim-pit fan is a sim-pit fan everywhere, and i've been building my F-16 cockpit for quite some time now. Not even half-way done, but the spark is still there. I'm going with the scratch-built method, so most things are hand-made. I've picked a few random pics of my work to show:

LEFT1-zps5b39d1b1.jpg

LG38-zpsfffssptw.jpg

GRILL28-zps134be577.jpg

STICK-126.jpg

SSC1L.jpg

STICKB3.jpg

STICKB10.jpg

I hope this is enough to give you all an idea of how i proceed. Nice to be here!

• Like 6

Hi all,

Robert here from the Netherlands, just ordered my Virpil HOTAS with the desk mounts and rudders.Had to split the order because of the weight 🙂 Installed DCS, F/A-18C, persian gulf, supercarrier. Ordered TrackIR and a powered USB hub.

25 years ago I played Jane’s Longbow and DiD EF2000 & F22.

Currently studying chucks Hornet Guide.

Getting all the hardware to work and configured will be a challenge… any help and suggestion are welcome!!

see you out there!

Edited by Double Dutch
  • Like 2

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

Hello everyone,

my name is Thorsten from Germany and I have a passion for helicopters since I am a young boy.

I have played a few helicopter simulations in the 90's (Longbow) but since then this genre have been very rar on the market.

I few months ago a saw some cool videos on youtube about DCS and I started to investigate until I found the KA-50 modul 🙂

Since then I invest most of my spare time learn flying... 

Any Help, suggestion or comment is higly appreciated! 😉

See you on the Battlefield!

• Like 1

i9 10850K | 32 Gb RAM @3200 MHz | RTX 2070 Super AMP (undervolted) | X52 Pro

KA-50 - MI24-Hind - AH-64D - Persian Gulf - Syria

48 minutes ago, fireftr18 said:

Hi everyone.

I happen to stumble across DCS World on Facebook. Now have a decent computer and I'm trying it. So far, very frustrating. I hope I can find some help here and meet some good people.

Try to learn the Su25-T. The training missions within DCS are not for the faint of heart. I'd rather go on youtube, there are plenty of good tutorials on the Su25-T and aviation concepts in general. The 25-T is a brick, but at the same time very forgiving. Hard to flip her over and crash into the ground.

MiG29 on the other hand is a super sports car. One mistake and you're done, esp. low altitude.

If I were you I'd really stick to both free airplanes and not invest until you get it. With practice comes the fun part.

Have you ever played any other (arcade) flight games?

11 minutes ago, Pocket Kings said:

Try to learn the Su25-T. The training missions within DCS are not for the faint of heart. I'd rather go on youtube, there are plenty of good tutorials on the Su25-T and aviation concepts in general. The 25-T is a brick, but at the same time very forgiving. Hard to flip her over and crash into the ground.

MiG29 on the other hand is a super sports car. One mistake and you're done, esp. low altitude.

If I were you I'd really stick to both free airplanes and not invest until you get it. With practice comes the fun part.

Have you ever played any other (arcade) flight games?

Thanks. Years ago, I had a couple good flight games. One called US Navy Fighters (and the expansion packs), and one called Aces Over Europe. You tell me it's hard to flip over and crash the Su25. I'm very successful at that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fireftr18 said:

You tell me it's hard to flip over and crash the Su25. I'm very successful at that.

What have you trouble with? If it's something particular just ask any question here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/34-new-user-briefing-room/

Su-25T just like any other aircraft is easy to crash when you meet the Earth the wrong way. Start with setting up the options, graphics and controller (use Rctrl+Enter in game to make sure all is set correctly when you move the throttle, stick and brakes). Then take it slowly with starting the aircraft, taxi, take off. You can get to the landings later when you're comfortable with controls. You can also start already in the air and free flight to feel her. Be gentle with controls. Practice is best and most important but you can't practice when you don't know what to do. The learning depends on how you prefer it: self-taught, tutorials (in game), videos (there's plenty on youtube), manual (it's in the main DCS folder ..\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\Aircraft\Su-25T\Docs) and when in doubt ask on the forum. On this level of simulation you can actually use general aviation info on how the aircraft fly and how to do it.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 5/4/2021 at 3:25 AM, draconus said:

What have you trouble with? If it's something particular just ask any question here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/34-new-user-briefing-room/

Su-25T just like any other aircraft is easy to crash when you meet the Earth the wrong way. Start with setting up the options, graphics and controller (use Rctrl+Enter in game to make sure all is set correctly when you move the throttle, stick and brakes). Then take it slowly with starting the aircraft, taxi, take off. You can get to the landings later when you're comfortable with controls. You can also start already in the air and free flight to feel her. Be gentle with controls. Practice is best and most important but you can't practice when you don't know what to do. The learning depends on how you prefer it: self-taught, tutorials (in game), videos (there's plenty on youtube), manual (it's in the main DCS folder ..\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\Aircraft\Su-25T\Docs) and when in doubt ask on the forum. On this level of simulation you can actually use general aviation info on how the aircraft fly and how to do it.

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I was just joking about crashing the Su25. Yes, I do, and  I also realize I need to practice more.

On 5/2/2021 at 10:27 PM, Double Dutch said:

Hi all,

Robert here from the Netherlands, just ordered my Virpil HOTAS with the desk mounts and rudders.Had to split the order because of the weight 🙂 Installed DCS, F/A-18C, persian gulf, supercarrier. Ordered TrackIR and a powered USB hub.

25 years ago I played Jane’s Longbow and DiD EF2000 & F22.

Currently studying chucks Hornet Guide.

Getting all the hardware to work and configured will be a challenge… any help and suggestion are welcome!!

see you out there!

First part of my Gear arrived, TrackIR. Installed it today. Configured it with help of the Jabbers video. Checked in DCS... felt/looked awesome!!!

• Like 1

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

Hi. I am Tazzers or Phil if you prefer. Never joined in with the forum before I don't think. Maybe once or twice but I have been playing casually since Lock On. Starting to get more into it now though.

Edited by Tazzers
  • Like 1

Hi ! I would like to present myself and my passion for Mirage-2000C, I'll try to be short :

I'm a 28y-o guy living in the north of France, in Cambrai precisely. Cambrai is the town of Mirage-2000C Tigermeet liveries and all my childhood I saw mirage 2000s flying upon my house until the Cambrai airbase closed.

IMG_6385.jpeg

18y-o myself in a mirage 2000C, 05/13/2011. Don't mind the haircut it was 10 years ago...

During a trip I tested a VR simulator with Aerofly FS2, Oculus and Hotas warthog. I didtn know they were serious jet fighter videogames other than Ace Combat

I discovered DCS by watching "Até" on Youtube, a french / canadian Rafale instructor making some tutorials on DCS. I tested the simulator, very liked it and bought the Mirage-2000C DLC soon after.

I was really surprised and pleased to have the Cambrai Tigermeet liveries in DCS as I have some magasines, books and photos of those plane I already seen IRL

IMG_0833.jpg

My little collection of pics you should recognize if you own the Mirage-200C DLC

I'm so happy to play with the planes I always dreamt about, I now own a good PC, Hotas Warthog and TPR rudder. I made myself a VR hangar with my two favorites planes, 12-YM Tigermeet 2006 and 12-YE N°85 from the picture above :

image.pngimage.png

If you'd like more details about the tigermeet liveries or get my VR hangar, I would be happy to discuss with you in the Mirage-2000C forums

Many thanks to RAZBAM team for making my dreams posible

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy folks, not super good at this kinda stuff but figured I'd try to be less antisocial than I normally am. I go by grif or grifnizzle online. I've currently got Spit, P47, P51, F86, F5, and F16 modules, plus Normandy, Nevada, and Persian Gulf maps. Right now focusing on Spit, playing thru the Big Show campaign (not well, still new to this but my amateur aviation knowledge tells me I should be pretty ashamed for getting out turned in a Spit by an FW190 😞 ). My sorta kinda plan is to go thru each module in sequence from warbirds to korea to (3rd gen? 2nd gen? not sure where F5 lands there) to modern'ish. I haven't logged a single hour of multiplayer yet, cause well I suck against AI so I imagine I'll be utter trash against humans, but I do want to start flying multiplayer. So, if anyone feels the desire to actually teach someone how to fly the Spit or any virtual squadrons recruiting and doesn't mind taking in someone with zero skill and an occaisionally acerbic sense of humor I'm your huckleberry

Edited by grifnizzle
  • Like 2

Hi, new to DCS, you might say this is my mid life crisis 🙂.  Just got the spit at the moment, can sort of take off and sort of land...long as you don't want to use the aircraft again 🙂  Air to Air gunnery in training ok, well they tend to fly straight and level.  In a dogfight can get on the tail and stay on the tail of an ME or FW but struggling to shoot them down.....One of their mates tends to shoot my tail off well I'm still trying to kill the guy on my nose.  No idea of radio or comms yet, not been on a server yet as don't think I'm good enough, the guys on the YouTube video's make it look so easy don't they?  Going to keep practicing until I can take off, land and shoot something down somewhere in the middle.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kgb035 said:

Hi, new to DCS, you might say this is my mid life crisis 🙂.  Just got the spit at the moment, can sort of take off and sort of land...long as you don't want to use the aircraft again 🙂  Air to Air gunnery in training ok, well they tend to fly straight and level.  In a dogfight can get on the tail and stay on the tail of an ME or FW but struggling to shoot them down.....One of their mates tends to shoot my tail off well I'm still trying to kill the guy on my nose.  No idea of radio or comms yet, not been on a server yet as don't think I'm good enough, the guys on the YouTube video's make it look so easy don't they?  Going to keep practicing until I can take off, land and shoot something down somewhere in the middle.

Pard you and I are cut from the same cloth, so much that it's kinda scary. Good luck to ya, and if you ever wanna be terrible in the Spit together say howdy

• Like 1