Meet and Greet

Hey everyone! im new to DCS as well as new to PC!! I recently got DCS and the F-15c, F-16c, F/A-18C, Super carrier mod, Nevada map, and also have the Su-25T, Su-33 and the TF-51D of course. looking for a squad to join and servers to join... I have only really did some of the training modules with the F-16c and the F/A-18C so far so i have ALOT to learn and was hoping to find some people to be mentors. i met a couple other new guys on facebook groups but was hoping for a discord group or such to have better communication. i have downloaded SRS for DCS but unsure if its setup properly.  Long post short- im looking for like minded people who play daily that can teach me the ins and outs of the game!! (ALSO- can anyone tell me how to add those "footer headers"?? some people post a saying or PC specs at the bottom of all their posts....? ) 

Asus Tuf Gaming x570-plus(wifi)-Ryzen 5 5600x- Asus Geforce RTX Tuf Gaming OC 3070-32gb/3200mhz Trident Z DDR4 ram-NZXT Kraken X63 RGB AIO- 2~27" curved 1440p/144hz AOC monitors- 1~Acer 27" 1080p/144hz FHD monitor-Corsair 850w 80plus gold psu-1tb Western Digital nvme-2tb Samsung EvoPlus nvme-2tb Barracuda HDD- Logitech G910 RGB keayboard- Razer Basiliskv2 mouse- Blue yeti microphone- (ordering new hotas) redragon RGB case fans. F-15c,F-16c,F/A-18c,SU-33,SU-25T,TF-51D, A-4E, T-45. Link to my YouTube channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHrCXXUhyCUPXr8fsFMKFPg

5 hours ago, JB Pit BBQ Gaming said:

ALSO- can anyone tell me how to add those "footer headers"?? some people post a saying or PC specs at the bottom of all their posts....?

Click your account name top right of the forum - select account settings - click signature on the left (bottom of settings list) - enter your text in the signature field and make sure View Signatures is set to on (but i guess that's on otherwise you would not know about it).

• Like 2

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

thank you Lange! 

Asus Tuf Gaming x570-plus(wifi)-Ryzen 5 5600x- Asus Geforce RTX Tuf Gaming OC 3070-32gb/3200mhz Trident Z DDR4 ram-NZXT Kraken X63 RGB AIO- 2~27" curved 1440p/144hz AOC monitors- 1~Acer 27" 1080p/144hz FHD monitor-Corsair 850w 80plus gold psu-1tb Western Digital nvme-2tb Samsung EvoPlus nvme-2tb Barracuda HDD- Logitech G910 RGB keayboard- Razer Basiliskv2 mouse- Blue yeti microphone- (ordering new hotas) redragon RGB case fans. F-15c,F-16c,F/A-18c,SU-33,SU-25T,TF-51D, A-4E, T-45. Link to my YouTube channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHrCXXUhyCUPXr8fsFMKFPg

Hello everyone, I'm relatively new to DCS and currently only play single-player (learn rather than play, but it's fun). I came across DCS through an article and after a few YouTube videos I was so excited that I got it. At the beginning with the Su-25T using Rakuzard's training videos, now also with other modules. The focus is now on the F / A-18C. In addition to DCS, I also like to travel in MSFS2020 ... just fly and enjoy the area. 😀

• Like 2

Am 11.6.2021 um 10:56 schrieb Taderaz:

Hello everyone, I'm relatively new to DCS and currently only play single-player (learn rather than play, but it's fun). I came across DCS through an article and after a few YouTube videos I was so excited that I got it. At the beginning with the Su-25T using Rakuzard's training videos, now also with other modules. The focus is now on the F / A-18C. In addition to DCS, I also like to travel in MSFS2020 ... just fly and enjoy the area. 😀

^ This is quite close to my situation. 🙂

Hey everyone, I've also just quite recently discovered DCS (through a Gamestar video with the YouTuber Rakuzard).

I did a few training sessions with the Su-25T but what I really want to fly are helicopters. A bit of a research later I thought the Huey is perfect for me.

But I had the hardest time to fly it. I'm completely new to flight sims so that definitely plays into it but even after reading the manual front to back, reading Chuck's guide, doing the official and some YouTube training missions, and of course just flying around randomly for a few hours I never felt like I flew that thing in a controlled fashion or improved my skills.

I gave the Ka-50 a shot and this time it clicked. I haven't yet had a crazy amount of time to learn how to fly it but it immediately flew so much easier than the Huey. I really enjoy it and am looking forward to flying it much more. 🙂

At some point I might go back to study the Huey but I think it's too hard for me as a beginner.

• Like 2

Greetings DCS pilots! Been playing DCS for a few months now, learning the ropes from Tokyo, Japan! I am currently a simulator technician/trainer for Bell Helicopter...V-22 containerized flight training device for the USMC and JGSDF. Maintained the ole AV-8B Harrier for a bit along with the OH-58D Kiowa while in the service(s). Look forward to meeting fellow sim enthusiasts and beating up the DCS skies! 

• Like 1

Hello everyone! Been in love with aviation since I was a little kid, earned a degree in aerospace engineering but somehow ended up working in software development. I've been flying one flight sim or another (mostly warbirds stuff) for almost 20 years. A few years ago fell down that wonderful rabbit hole going by the name of DCS, but only recently thought about joining the forums. I mainly fly the Hornet and am currently starting to invest some time in the Viper too.

• Like 2

Hi all.   I have been a fan since Lock On but just recently joined the forum.  I like to fly the old planes as well as the new.  I am experiencing issues with the Bf-109 after the 2.7 upgrade that I will post in the appropriate place.  I fly 2D and may go to VR at some point.  I'm not very good as others I have seen on videos but I have fun. 

• Like 2

Hey all,

Been lurking on the forum for a bit to learn some more about DCS, definitely like drinking water from a fire-hose. I currently work at a corporate flight department operating Dassault Falcon jets and have been working in Aviation for a couple of decades. Anyway, just wanted to say 'Hi' and try to learn some more. Been flying the F/A-18 for a bit in VR with HP reverb2 and full Thrustmaster Warthog set up. Enjoy it immensely when I find the time (single dad, work a lot, etc). Anyway, nice to be here, be great everyone!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Good day pilots,

I've been planning a VR rig that should be arrive before summer is out, in the meantime I'm familiarizing myself with this sim on my existing PC (Dual-Xeon@2.6GHZ, 20GB DDR3, 250GB SDD, AMD 6950) It runs surprisingly well @1080p, at least enough for solo flights/training

I bought the F16, F18 and Persian Gulf map for my "new user binge" and I'm running through tutorials while awaiting a VR capable machine. 

To the Eagle Dynamics folks: Thank you for doggedly pursuing realism. What you've created is truly the quintessential simulator 

• Like 3

Helloo!

My name is Tom. I am 13 and live in California. I love to surf and play video games. I have been playing for 5 or 6 months. I currently own, the f-14, f-15, f-16, A-10, Uh1h, gazelle, and the KA-50. Hope to see you in the skys.

• Like 7

Modules I look forward too: BO-105, OH-58, AH-64, BS3, Eurofighter.
Wishlist: Ah-1 (any variant), HH-60 Pavehawk/ UH-60, A-4, AH6, and F-4

Joystick/Throttle/Rudder pedals: T.16000 Stick, TWCS throttle, and T-Flight rudder pedals.

On 7/3/2021 at 10:05 AM, Stratosphere said:

Good day pilots,

I've been planning a VR rig that should be arrive before summer is out, in the meantime I'm familiarizing myself with this sim on my existing PC (Dual-Xeon@2.6GHZ, 20GB DDR3, 250GB SDD, AMD 6950) It runs surprisingly well @1080p, at least enough for solo flights/training

I bought the F16, F18 and Persian Gulf map for my "new user binge" and I'm running through tutorials while awaiting a VR capable machine. 

To the Eagle Dynamics folks: Thank you for doggedly pursuing realism. What you've created is truly the quintessential simulator 

*Best News Ever* I just received tracking info from the manufacturer, instead of the middle of next month, my new rig should arrive this week! w00t!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi captains!

I'm new in DCS and super looking forward to join this community! I flied Microsift Flight Simulator before (since fs9 in 2004 and then fsx, p3dv4, but don't get enough fund to build the 2020). Actually I'm doing a project related to the F-18 autopilot control in BVR fight and that's the main reason I join dcs. A very nice game and very realistic mods! 

btw the project is super cool and could be open source!

Enjoy your flight and good day!

Edited by ZezeYa
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

first sorry for my Borat English. I am not new in DCS, but i am new in this forum. I play DCS from its first versions (Ka-50) nostalgic memories 😄 I am 36 - old, I am from Slovakia (for colleagues from USandA, Slovakia is not Slovenia and not Chechnya too, it is small country in central europe, we have medieval castles, good beer, very nice slavic girls and we not have oil). I am big fan DCS, i play soviet postwar aircraft from 1946 to 1990. I dont like glass cockpit, I like old triggers and I own DCS Mig-15, MiG-19, MiG-21,  Mi-8, Yak-52, M2000, A-10, Ka-50, P-51 maps. Persian gulf, Normandy and Nevada. My DCS dreams is Su-7, Su-17, Su-25, MiG-23, MiG-29 and map Central Europe (cold war), Vietnam (cold war), Korea (cold war) and other interest russian regions.

best regards

Molnija

Edited by Molnija1985
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, antares190 said:

Hi all,

I'm a new user of DCS, but a flight sim enthusiast since the nineties 🙂 Recently my passion started to cover also home cockpit building, if you are curious about my progresses, check them out !

https://giovannimedici.wordpress.com

Hey @antares190, welcom and good to see you finally found the DCS forum 😉

I've read your Cougar force sensor mod blog about a year ago with great anticipation. Awesome stuff!

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm a (kinda new) VR Flight Sim boy, I  love (arcade) combat sims like AC and project wingman, and now with about 1 month of experience with DCS.

Love your Sukhoi planes, I'll buy  for sure the FC3 just for the Flankers and the Fulcrum.

My current setup is the HP G2 + steam controller + Radeon rx 480x

For now an snap shot of my progress ;D

fail.png

• Like 2

Hello All!

Wow, this is a big community which I hope to become a part of. 🙂

I'm a life-long military aviation nut and I've flown a fair bit in the real world. DCS in VR just blows my tiny mind!!!

I've a bit of a thing for older jets which aren't all-singing, all-dancing. Where's the fun in that? 🤣

With that in mind, I enjoy the brute that is the Viggen, and Sabre and would love to see a Hunter, Tornado, Buccaneer et al. Maybe even a nice cute little Sea Venom or a challengingly-underpowered Jaguar?!

in any event, I'm not very knowledgable yet and probably only get an average of 4 hours a week to fly......but by 'eck, I really do enjoy it!

I'm a guitarist by trade, so I'm used to complicated stuff which takes forever to learn! just as well.....

Best wishes,

Ains

• Like 1

S! All

Took the plunge and will be flying WWII and mostly allied side. Flown for many years in IL-2 1946, Cliffs of Dover/Tobruk and IL-2 Great Battles. Finally have a decent rig, well, enough to take a look here. Are there any English speaking European pilots around?

I just took the plunge and purchased Spitfire, Normandy and Channel Maps and the WW2 Assets Pack. Hope to add the Mustang and Thunderbolt in the future.

Edited by 334th_Padre
Made a purchase
  • Like 1

SYSTEM: Win 10 Pro - i5 10600KF 4.1GHz - MSI Z590 TOMAHAWK WIFI - MSI RTX 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO OC - Corsair LPX 16GB 3600MHz DDR4 - Corsair RM850x PSU - Corsair iCUE 4000X Case - MSI Vigor GK50 Elite KB - MSI DS200 INTERCEPTOR Mouse VISUALS: Main: MSI G27C2 27" 1MS/144hz VA Curved Utility: NEC Multisync 1560NX STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD (OS & Progs) - 2TB WD Blue 7200RPM HDD (Files) COOLING: Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler - Corsair LL120 Dual Light Loop PWM Fan (120mm) (x6) CONTROLS: VKB Gladiator NXT - TM TWCS Throttle - Logitech Pro Flight Pedals - DELANCLIP Fusion Wireless AUDIO: Comms: Sennheiser DW PRO 2 Wireless Sound: 2.1 TEAC LSX7 CHAIR: PLAYSEAT Air Force

Signature.jpg

Signature.jpg

Padre Signature.jpg

Padre Signature.jpg

Greetings from Kamloops BC!

Adding to my post….

I worked thru the su25 training modules and then the f18 ones.  But I really started learning running the missions (f18 missions I think).  Each scenario forcing me to learn radar use, missile characteristics, avoidance, situation awareness, case 3 recoveries, etc etc etc.  Just on the cusp of succeeding in the last mission against mig 29s and the R77 missile.  Looking forward to a campaign!

Edited by Lordendo

G'day everyone

I have finally downloaded DCS and have purchased a few modules, map plus extras now i need to have the patience to learn the aircraft. It is a pretty hefty change from IL2.

I was introduced to Flights Sims many years ago with Microprose Sims and then the IL2 series in the early 2000's. I was lucky an privileged enough to fly with an Aussie squad called III/JG11 and had my 15 mins of fame being actor 9 in the Australian voice files for IL2 Pacific Fighters.

I have been away from the PC for a few years and have decided to get back into it. I am looking forward to learning the warbirds in this glorious Sim.

Salute all

Dave

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, fellow virtual aviators!

Just downloaded DCS last week, gave it a test run on the free planes, decided I liked what I saw so I picked up the F/A-18 module on a special offer.

I played flight sims since I was a kid. To age myself, I'll say that my childhood favorites were Falcon 3.0 (Spectrum Holobyte) and Chuck Yeager's Air Combat (EA). I stopped playing during my mid-adult years but recently picked back up with Elite: Dangerous and FS2020. Now that HOTAS prices have fallen back down to Earth, I've decided to give DCS a go - Grim Reaper's vids on YT really sold it on me. I'm currently running a VKB Gladiator NXT and Thrustmaster TWCS combo, with some serious paralysis analysis occurring with regards to purchasing a VR headset.

Looking forward to seeing you in the skies, whether you're my wingman or a bandit!

5 hours ago, Petro said:

Hello, fellow virtual aviators!

Just downloaded DCS last week, gave it a test run on the free planes, decided I liked what I saw so I picked up the F/A-18 module on a special offer.

I played flight sims since I was a kid. To age myself, I'll say that my childhood favorites were Falcon 3.0 (Spectrum Holobyte) and Chuck Yeager's Air Combat (EA). I stopped playing during my mid-adult years but recently picked back up with Elite: Dangerous and FS2020. Now that HOTAS prices have fallen back down to Earth, I've decided to give DCS a go - Grim Reaper's vids on YT really sold it on me. I'm currently running a VKB Gladiator NXT and Thrustmaster TWCS combo, with some serious paralysis analysis occurring with regards to purchasing a VR headset.

Looking forward to seeing you in the skies, whether you're my wingman or a bandit!

Hi Petro! Welcome,

We that played the old simulators like Chuck Yeager´s air combat, Aces of europe (sierra) or microprose 1942 pacif air war (I still have the box) have here a very nice place to fly.

the VR headset changes all thing... turn this simulator in another world! With a high level of immersion... I have one and hard recommend!

If you try a VR you will never fly again without one... And if you can, a ruder pedal is nice too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, greco.bernardi said:

Chuck Yeager´s air combat,

This one was one of the most disappointing flightsims i ever bought.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!