Meet and Greet

You made a good choice Angel. In DCS you also get the Su25t and P51t for FREE!
Hello,snacko.Yes,you do get those free planes from what i've seen on this website.I've been particularly interested in the P-51 Mustang since there aren't many combat flightsims that use it.I'm still waiting for EDGE to be released before i get a new computer.

Still deciding on which module to get, thinking about the A-10 though.

Can't go wrong with it, I love the Hog! Easy to fly, hard to master. The systems modeling is incredible. Plus, who wouldn't want a seven barreled 30mm gun with 1150 rounds at the office? :lol:

Be aware, though, that sooner or later the Hog will practically force you to sell your soul or your firstborn just so you can get the TM Warthog. :D

Be aware, though, that sooner or later the Hog will practically force you to sell your soul or your firstborn just so you can get the TM Warthog. :D

Agreed, but I advise selling your soul as the wife will be less likely to notice. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Agreed, but I advise selling your soul as the wife will be less likely to notice. ;)

Good point. Then again, depending on the spouse in question, it might also be valid to sell the wife, seeing as the soul would be less likely to notice. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am a retired US Navy Commander who flew the A-7E Corsair II off the USS Kitty Hawk in the Pacific. I also flew the C-12 (King Air 200) in the Reserves. I am now in the IT industry, but still teach flying part-time in Light Sports near the Chesapeake Bay. I use my home flight sim to keep me from getting rusty when not flying much. I mainly used FSX and X-Plane up until now. I am excited to get into DCS, because I get to blow things up again.

I have an ASUS Gaming Laptop with i7 Haswell and a GTX-770M. I have TrackIR, Saitek X-52 Pro and rudders. In addition to the laptop I have a Matrox TH2G with Three 24" monitors.

I'm starting out with the DCS P-51D because it has been my dream to fly one and I think this is the closest I can get. My only frustration has been trying to adjust the Field of View. With my TH2G I get wide screen, but it is too wide. A FOV of over 220 degrees is too much. Can't find a solution yet.

Howdy :)

Casey here. I played Gunship and 688 Attack Sub obsessively as a kid. We even had a small after school group that played Gunship in the lab. Single player, but it was fun keeping track of promotions or the end of careers due to permadeath.

Only played a few other flight sims over the years, but now it's time to come back to them with a vengeance. If my connection isn't too terrible for online play looking forward to flying online with folks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

T.Flight HOTAS | Custom DIY Cyclic and Collective | AMD FX8350 | 16GB RAM | 4TB HDD | 2x 128 GB SSD | NVidia 1080

Just saying Hello...

Hi Guys,

Newbie here from the UK - just downloaded DCS World via Steam.

Just as a matter of courtesy, saying Hello and looking forward to a steep learning curve!

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Welcome. Just so you know, there is a meet and greet in the Chit-chat section. :)

Edit: which is where this has now been moved to!

Edited by Tone71

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All.

I'm new user, so I would like introduce myself.

A few of You know me :) especially users from Poland.

I've played DCS from... Flanker2 :) but my experinces comes from early '90, when I starter play with... Su-22UM3 and Su-22M4, previously TS-11 Spark, next was my lovely MiG-29. :)

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to introduce myself to this nice community. I have been flying virtual planes for more than 5 years now, I started playing IL2- 1946 and still do, but now I mostly fly the modern era jets in DCS.

Flying is fantastic, but add a few missiles and explosions and it becomes addictive

Flying is fantastic, but add a few missiles and explosions and it becomes addictive.

---------

http://www.youtube.com/c/taletoul

• 3 weeks later...

A good time

This is my first post ever. I'm Rick aka. "Meanmutha". Hello everyone. I have been flying the A10C and some P51 for about a year now. I figured I'd read and get some experience before I asked dumb questions, I only have one right now.

I want to thank everyone for the informative posts, I have learned a lot since my Fighter Ace days. Those of you who have put the hours in to produce some really cool mods deserve extra praise. Third party developers have done a great job. Sith and his buddy helping me out a bit, appreciated. Eagle for producing it all...It's a good time.

So when is 2 gonna happen?:megalol::lol: JK...

Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks...

• ED Team
This is my first post ever. I'm Rick aka. "Meanmutha". Hello everyone. I have been flying the A10C and some P51 for about a year now. I figured I'd read and get some experience before I asked dumb questions, I only have one right now.

I want to thank everyone for the informative posts, I have learned a lot since my Fighter Ace days. Those of you who have put the hours in to produce some really cool mods deserve extra praise. Third party developers have done a great job. Sith and his buddy helping me out a bit, appreciated. Eagle for producing it all...It's a good time.

So when is 2 gonna happen?:megalol::lol: JK...

Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks...

Welcome, although I will be honest and dont remember how I helped you, I am glad that I was able to :D

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Hello all,

I am a retired US Navy Commander who flew the A-7E Corsair II off the USS Kitty Hawk in the Pacific.

welcome sir,

may i ask, if you would give us some insight on carrierlandings and stuff when the DCS:F/A-18C gets released someday?

would be honoured to learn those things or get some hints from someone who actualy did those things!

regards,

RR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, thought i'd put a post here.

Been playing DCS since before World was released, first module was A-10C, then on to blackshark 2, P-51D, UH-1 and I just got MIG-21 yesterday.

Can't say i'm actually any good, but I certainly enjoy it. Looking forward to checking out some online missions!

Chur

Exodios93

TRIM IT OUT:joystick:

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

Another new guy :)

What an amazing product, developers and community.

I've been lurking for about 2 months, have snapped up quite a few modules in the recent sales, just got another 2 today and I must say that DCS World has blown me away!

Thank you :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hello DCS community!

Figgy here from the Philippines! Don't really know anybody else from the Philippines in this community hahah, but I'm glad to be here!

Anyways, I've been playing DCS single player for about a year and just recently started multiplayer. I enjoy it alot! Hope to see you guys around!

Peace!

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5

• 5 weeks later...

I thought it couldn't hurt to hop in and say a short hello. :)

I've been simming for 25 years now. At least if you can call stuff like Wings and the old stuff from Microprose sims, comparing to today's standards.;)

I had Lock On and BS, but skipped the A-10 for a while because I feared the complexity. But since the Mustang was released, I purchased every single Module.

I also use CloD,BoS,RoF, Wings over Flanders Fields and an extremely modified FSX.

90% of my PC time is reserved for simming. DCS should roughly occupy 40% of my simming time. 25% Bos, RoF,CloD and FSX 10% and 5% WoFF.

But this can always change.

Setup is Track IR,Hotas Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals and a custom made Panel with 20 buttons, 10 switches and 3 poties (rheostats).

Edited by Blooddawn1942

Outgunned, outnumbered, though never outclassed!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, fellow Simmers!

I've been a fan of simulation "games" ever since they existed! I am old enough to remember playing on the original Nintendo "aka Famicom" and the Atari games as a kid, and when I got a little older I was introduced to one of the original Microsoft Flight Simulators. From that point on I WAS HOOKED!

I still have the original boxed DVD Black Shark in my desk. Unfortunately as much as I am a fan of computer games I didn't have much money at that time so my computer had a hard time running the program. About a year and a half ago I finally said F*** it and splurged on a halfway descent desktop.

O M G!!

I finally know what I was missing out on. So here I am. Cheers.

Congrats. And welcome to the Wonderful World of DCS!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10