Meet and Greet

Greetings fellow flight simmers! I have been flying around the virtual wild blue yonder since I was a kid in the 80's. My dad was and still is into flight simulators and had his private pilot license when I was growing up. I was forever hooked on aviation. Bad eyes have kept me from pursuing any real aviation adventures but I have been flying all of the Microsoft Flight Sims and various combat simulators over the years. The most serious I got into combat flight sims was with Falcon 3.0 and 4.0. I was flying mostly FSX for the past few years until my dad got me into DCS. I don't think I will look at another flight sim again! DCS is incredible and is getting better all the time. I feel like we are in the golden age of combat flight sims with DCS 2.0, NTTR, and all the upcoming aircraft modules and maps. I pre-purchased NTTR and felt like a kid on Christmas morning waiting for it's release. I started flying in DCS a little over a year ago with the A-10. The flying came fairly naturally but all the various systems, weapon usage, and procedures took some learning. I am far from mastering the A-10 but feel comfortable operating it and using it in combat. My dad and two brothers fly DCS as well and we try to fly online together once a week on multiplayer. I must say though that I love Naval Aviation the most and see myself transitioning from the A-10 to the upcoming naval aircraft, specifically the Tomcat. I spent some time as a kid living in Virginia Beach near Oceana Naval Air Station and was fortunate to see F-14's fly overhead everyday and at yearly air shows. Movies such as The Final Countdown and Top Gun of course helped make the Tomcat my favorite aircraft and hearing that Leatherneck Simulations is making it nearly made me faint. I may have to quit my job once it comes out. I also look forward to the F-5E for some Navy adversary flying, and the F-4U Corsair. I have been following the forums for a over a year now and wanted to become an active member of such a great community during these exciting times for virtual aviation. Happy flying everyone!

Edited by =BJM=

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I pre-purchased NTTR and feel like a kid on Christmas morning waiting for it's release.

Same here, buddy, same here, even though I got it from the A-10C beta. Almost can't believe it's finally going to happen. :pilotfly:

Oh, and welcome to the community. :)

Greetings fellow flight simmers! I have been flying around the virtual wild blue yonder since I was a kid in the 80's. My dad was and still is into flight simulators and had his private pilot license when I was growing up. I was forever hooked on aviation. Bad eyes have kept me from pursuing any real aviation adventures but I have been flying all of the Microsoft Flight Sims and various combat simulators over the years. The most serious I got into combat flight sims was with Falcon 3.0 and 4.0. I was flying mostly FSX for the past few years until my dad got me into DCS. I don't think I will look at another flight sim again! DCS is incredible and is getting better all the time. I feel like we are in the golden age of combat flight sims with DCS 2.0, NTTR, and all the upcoming aircraft modules. I started flying in DCS a little over a year ago with the A-10. The flying came fairly naturally but all the various systems and weapon usage took some learning. I am far from mastering the A-10 but feel comfortable operating it and using it in combat. My dad and two brothers fly DCS as well and we try to fly online together once a week on multiplayer. Just last week, I purchased the F-86 and I am ashamed that I didn't get it sooner! I am having a blast flying it around and learning some old fashioned dog fighting tactics. I look forward to adding to my virtual hangar with what Leatherneck Simulations may have to offer soon, their F-14, and of course the F/A-18. I pre-purchased NTTR and feel like a kid on Christmas morning waiting for it's release. I have been following the forums for a year now and wanted to become an active member of such a great community during these exciting times for virtual aviation. Happy flying everyone!

Great post, welcome! I do agree, we are in the golden age of flight sims. Especially if you can afford sim tools such as Titan 6k, top of the line HOTAS, heck you can even go all out and build an authentic cockpit.

Edited by siraccord

Well, this introduction is somewhat late, but here goes. I'm just a teenager from Australia who likes military history and aircraft, and admiration for those in the military (which is why I joined the AAFC). My favourite aircraft is the Messerschmitt Bf-109 E-4 :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm Olli from Berlin, flightsim enthusiast from 1993 (Tornado!). I am more into

civilian aviation, but I love flightsims in general. Other flying includes

X-Plane, FSX and PSX.

The thing I like most about DCS is it's flight model and depth of systems. Fav aircraft in DCS is L-39!

Cheers! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Martin here.

I am part German, part Greek living in Bavaria Germany now.

Been flying sims forever.

I love flying heavy birds under extreme situations.

I am in DCS mostly because i expect the full blown complexity of Falcon 4.0 and AF with more plane types and deeper simulation all in all.

I prefer flying AI missions because even though i am a peoples person when i fly i want no one blowing my immersion.

Fly safe.

Greek/German origin.

Flying sims since 1984.

Using computers since 1977.

Favored FS's:F/A18 Interceptor, F19 Stealth Fighter, Gunnship, F16 Combat Pilot, Flight of the Intruder, A320, Falcon 4.0, MSFS 2004-X, DCS

• 3 weeks later...

G'day Jeff here.

Live in Sydney, Australia. Only new to DCS (30 hours).

Spent most of the time playing and learning the F15c and playing in the free mustang. Have got the A10c but so far I need to get better at the easy planes first :)

About to go from my Logitech 3d pro to an X55 in a few weeks :)

I have't seen any posts about peoples setups? If there is can you link me? I'd been keen to know what setups you have, what other hardware you have running like external panels etc.

My specs:

- GTX980

- Intel i5-4690 CPU @3.5GHz

- 16GB ram

- 250GB SSD, plus 2 x 2TB HDD

- Acer X34

- Saitek HOTAS X55

G'day Jeff. You should find what you're after here: http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=96

I'm "Razor" from Medford, Oregon and have spent quite a few of your summers in your neck of the woods - Bankstown in sydney, Essendon in Melbourne, Brukunga down in South Australia and Serpintine out in WA. I love your country mate! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm Nick, been on these forums for forever now. Was playing Lock on way back (jeez, 7ish years ago now?!). I was never seriously into simming and played more for the enjoyment of just shooting things up. I got the A-10C preorder as a gift but my computer couldn't handle it and being young I just couldn't put the time in to properly learn it. Recently over the last year or so I've found myself wanting to actually learn about the aircraft and get more in depth with everything. I picked up an X-55 to replace my old X-52 and finally put my mind to finally learning the A-10C. Eventually I'd like to build a more serious cockpit and possibly even get Oculus Rift should the new one turn out to be great resolution that works well with DCS. Excited to slowly join in and fly with others!

I also take photos in DCS sometimes, I do photo's of drifting in real life, however I lack the total control I have in games sometimes as well as the subject!

This is my slow going photo album on flickr for DCS!

DCS Screenshots

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z97-A/ i7-4790K/ Hyper 212 EVO/ 16GB RAM/ GTX1080 Strix OC/ Supernova 750/ X-55/ TiR

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all... I'm Carl (aka michnet76) from the Riverland in South Australia. Been a long time lurker but figured I'd come say g'day!

I've been plane nut since I was a toddler... My first sim was subLOGIC Flight Simulator on the C64 in the mid 80's. Over the years I've flown many sims on numerous platforms - too many to mention!

During the 2000's my sim/gaming time pretty much disappeared for a while due to kids, work and life in general so I missed the early versions of sims like Lock on, Falcon 4 etc. I took up R/C flying with my son in that time and have been into that pretty hardcore up until a year ago. I then decided I'd get back into simming so built a kick-ass gaming PC - okay the truth is I was sick of crashing expensive R/C planes!

I Googled around to see what sims are the go, came across DCS and downloaded it. For most of last year I was only a casual gamer but my new year's resolution this year was to get right back into it. Bought a Saitek X-55 HOTAS and combat pedals with my xmas bonus and dusted off the TrackIR I brought earlier last year. Even put together a purpose-built bench/rig during my holidays to keep it all set up on permanently. I've been busy learning what I can in DCS to be competitive.. So far I'm working my way through learning the F-15C and M2000C modules and been also having some play time with the SU-33 and carrier ops - can't wait for the F-14 module to come out!! Currently spend most of my time in 1.5 but have 2.0 and the NTTR module as well which I fly from time to time for the eye candy.

Cheers

Carl

12674802_10207712389600603_458994846_o.thumb.jpg.3a6884cb6358e37fa5d699fac815932d.jpg

Hello to you All,

I'm from the Netherlands, Served as a Life support Sergeant in the Dutch Air-force for 24 years. So Yeah, I'm pretty "Flying Jets minded"

@ the moment I'm learning how to fly the L39, and I can't wait for the 1.5.3 update, to have

training missions as well. So I can learn how to land my plane in a proper way.

I'm giving the fire department a lot of work when I land now...... and my back can't handle any more ejects.... So my first question would be: How can I bleed my speed before landing? Any suggestions?

Dell XPS 8700: 28" DELL S2817Q 3840pi, i7-4790 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, Windows 10, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB + 32 GB SSD, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift S.

Repetition is the Mother of All Skills:matrix:

[sIGPIC]<a href="http://www.flyfighterjet.com/" target="_blank"></a>[/sIGPIC]

Thank you Yurgon,

That helps a lot!

Fire department can stay in their barracks, when I land now.....

Dell XPS 8700: 28" DELL S2817Q 3840pi, i7-4790 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, Windows 10, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB + 32 GB SSD, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift S.

Repetition is the Mother of All Skills:matrix:

[sIGPIC]<a href="http://www.flyfighterjet.com/" target="_blank"></a>[/sIGPIC]

Hello, My name is Guille and it's a pleasure to become part of this community. I want to thank everyone involved in this forum, those who devote their time and aknowledgements to help others and to produce the much needed contents(tutorials, mods, missions, skins, apps,etc) wich make this sim grater every day.

I don't usually go MP cos of my lousy PC. I'm stuck with 1.2 but hey!! never been happier with a sim! I use almost every module of modern aircraft that fly in this version. I spent most of my time in the MissionEditor designing and testing the little skirmishes that this ageing machine allows me to enjoy. I have take a lot from this forum and 'user files section' so now it's time to become an active user and contribute in every little way I can. Even thought I'm devoted ignorant when it comes to computers :(

Thanks again, Guille.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. My sim days started back in the eighty's. So yup I'm an old fart. That was back on the C64. wow how times flys. CFS2 was the first sim I played in mp. At the death of that game I took up cod, IL2 and lock-on for a while. But I had problems with lock-on that turned me off the game. Mainly the RAR not working right. My game collection now stands at just over 300 PC games. Don't believe in dumping after playing. About quarter of these are flight sims.

When black shark came out I picked it up. Play the hell out of the single player but never on line. I got the A-10c warthog about two years ago but to much going on in life to play it much. Last week I got the ka-50 black shark2 which brought me to this community. I haven't felt so excited about playing on line in years. But first I want to learn how to fly this thing again so I don't look like a complete ass in mp. Shouldn't take to long but then again I have spent more time on these forums then in the game. I could spend weeks in here. LOL

Hope to do some flying with you guys soon.

No madder how bad it is, it could always be worse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there

My name is Lucas, and I'm a big plane enthusiast, and i love DCS, but i don't have any friends who shares my interest. I was wondering if there was anyone who was looking for a "wingman", like me, or might have interest in flying with me.

My name is Lucas, and I'm a big plane enthusiast, and i love DCS, but i don't have any friends who shares my interest. I was wondering if there was anyone who was looking for a "wingman", like me, or might have interest in flying with me.

Many of us have that problem that friends, spouses and colleagues don't share this particular hobby. ;)

There are many virtual squadrons around and also many public servers that are open to anyone, most of them with TeamSpeak available as well, and lots of members who are always looking for like-minded people to add on Steam or Facebook or whatever in order to chat up a quick flight.

It would probably help if you wrote a little more about yourself, like where you're from and what your timezone is, which modules you prefer and so on. ;)

Many of us have that problem that friends, spouses and colleagues don't share this particular hobby. ;)

There are many virtual squadrons around and also many public servers that are open to anyone, most of them with TeamSpeak available as well, and lots of members who are always looking for like-minded people to add on Steam or Facebook or whatever in order to chat up a quick flight.

It would probably help if you wrote a little more about yourself, like where you're from and what your timezone is, which modules you prefer and so on. ;)

Yeah I've been looking both ingame and online for a squadron, but doesn't really get me closer to a cmmunity.

I'm almost 16 years old, but consider myself quite mature. I live in Denmark, so that's an hour infront of England, but time is not an issue in the weekends at least. I'm up for both serious flights as well as "just for fun" flights.

I do not own the NTTR map, just yet, so no DCS world 2 for now.

I currently own the following modules:

A-10c - which is my most flown module, with over 150 flight hours in singleplayer.

Flaming Cliffs 3 - have quite a lot of time in the F-15c

UH-1H - I'm getting better at it ;)

F-86F Sabre - fun aircraft

My hardware is:

TrackIR

Thrustmaster HOTAS joystick and throttle

and saitech pro flight rudderpeddels

If one of you have a interest in fly with me, or cantacting me, my steam username is lucasra00

Edited by lucasra00